• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Falcon scopes

Mag 300

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2006
    Downers Grove Illinois
    I picked up a used Falcon as a what I thought would be sight in scope nothing that I would use daily.

Well I was WRONG these are a great scope and for the $$$ they cannot be beat , yes the Premier and the USoptics I have are clearer but for the $400.00 I picked it up for its great .
    Tracking tested well and I have found no issues with these at all.
    I would shoot a match any time with one .

Just my 2 cents
    Bill

Re: Falcon scopes

Yes bill imho they are very good scopes for the money,I just recently sold one (5.5-25x56)this scope was great.I have heard quite a few issues with these scopes but i had zero issues with this scope.
    The only thing i didnt like about the scope was the weight.Man that thing was heavy.It was built like a tank but at 34oz.(i think)it was a monster....

My "budget shooter" rifle has come together using the Falcon Menace 4x14x40, which has proven to be accurate, repeatable, reliable, and clear. I'm not sure what I'd "trade up" for!

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boltstop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My "budget shooter" rifle has come together using the Falcon Menace 4x14x40, which has proven to be accurate, repeatable, reliable, and clear. I'm not sure what I'd "trade up" for! </div></div>

I tried them - and as stated - a LOT of bang for the buck ...

Mil/Mil
    FFP
    EMD reticle
    Decent glass

The biggest flaw I had was the eye relief ... MAN it was picky ... even at lower power it was still rough.

I love my Menace. I am hoping for somthing in the low power range to come out. Comperable to the new Premier 1.1x8.

Anything like that available in the near future?

I have had two different models of the FFP variable, both went south on me.

Yep, they get the job done for a lot less $$$.
    A little more eye relief would be really nice.

I am surprised but to date mine have been great

quote=TresMon]
    I have had two different models of the FFP variable, both went south on me. [/quote]

My shooting bud has one on a 300WM and its stood up just fine so far, I was surprised with the clarity of the glass.

Beleive its a menace 5 x 25 x 56 and there is a group buy on these now with RWS gunsmithing .
    I have the ML16 reticle
    Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cegorach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bill, which one did you get? </div></div>

I think for such a budget scope it's not necessarily the quality of the scope that's in question, but the consistency of the quality that should be in question.

However, I apparently got one of the good ones and have been shooting the hell out of it with absolutely nothing but good luck, no eye relief issues, and consistent reliability.

I'd be retiscent to sell this scope if I bought into higher quality glass. I'd most likely keep it for a trainer.

Your mileage may vary, but I'm just going to go knock on some wood over here and hope my experience stays the same.