• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fat mans concealed carry holster

Re: Fat mans concealed carry holster

Like Skip Discan - Orca fat? (+10 if you know the reference)

Fat folks do best with OWB.

Loose weight and carry IWB. Fat + IWB causes more pinchy poky problems.

Besides - when all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail right? (Not everything is best solved with a firearm).

Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMIuG3HvV0Y

Good luck

The real case and point is 7 men stood by and let that happen. Evil prevails when good men do nothing.

Actually the point was - that problem did not need to be solved with a gun. The fat guy wasn't any good. Yet to introduce a gun into the situation would get a CCW'er into trouble in many municipalities today.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Calibur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The real case and point is 7 men stood by and let that happen. Evil prevails when good men do nothing. </div></div>

exactly.

Buzz, you may already know but there is a gun show in Mesquite this weekend, you may be able to try some out. Last time I went there was a guy from around Sherman in the back that done custom leather builds.

I can stand to lose 20 extra pounds and the Supertuck is perfect for me. The leather will form around eventully and is very comfortable all day everyday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually the point was - that problem did not need to be solved with a gun. The fat guy wasn't any good. Yet to introduce a gun into the situation would get a CCW'er into trouble in many municipalities today.</div></div>

Good point....however there are some problems that only a gun or a coffin will answer.

We have had MANY, MANY incidents similar to the one on video where the attacker just pulls a knife and goes to town, or pulls his own weapon. That whole situation was a breakdown in tactics.

I will point out though that if that was me in that video and I caught one in the head that caused me to be in fear of loosing consciousness deadly force MAY be justified. Indiana state law authorizes use of deadly force to prevent serious injury. Unconsciousness is listed as a serious bodily injury.

You don't have to get your ass kicked because you are carrying a firearm.

Know your laws, know how to articulate your actions and know when to shut up and request a lawyer.

Pepper spray or a taser would be perfect in that situation. Not sure shooting an unarmed man would go over so well here in CT. Although I believe it would be justified, I think you would have to hire the best lawer and hope for a good jury. Sad how the laws don't protect the good people.

Maybe a count for the old pharse "better to be judged by 12 then carried by six" just saying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That whole situation was a breakdown in tactics.
</div></div>

Not if your tactic was to puff your chest like a rooster until it was obvious that was it was go time, and then stare at the floor while wishing it away, only to give someone with the actual will to f*ck people up the freeby.

Classic case of writing check that couldn't be cashed; but wow he looked tough throwing his phone down.

That one was winnable too....

On another note - I am very surprised there was no knife involved by either party.

Back to the OP - High Ride OWB.

Good luck

1+ for Supertuck, although XDM is relatively large and thick gun, so you will have to dress appropriately as well....e.g. undershirt with untucked outer layer. I can't comment on how it fits heavier build persons, but I've carried a Sig p226 in mine with appropriate clothing without problems. Good luck.

Thanks guys, yes, I could use the beachbody for sure but at 58 I doubt I'll ever see the 6 pack again, I could stand to shed a ton or two. Picture of my svelt self below.

As far as the fight in the pizza joint, I'd probably would have kept my mouth shut (although very hard for me to do sometimes)try to ignore the ignorant bitch, but, if Big Papa, did go to whailin on me, it would be fun to drag a Benchmade across his thigh, then his big juicey tricep, MFER would squeal like a pig, not to mention bleed like one.

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/buzzsawbucket/?action=view&current=gun107.jpg

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/buzzsawbucket/?action=view&current=LSSO007.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those of us boys with too much belly, which holster is best to conceal an XDm? Supertuck?? </div></div>

Anything SOB. All your fat is to the sides and front, take advantage of the remaining portion that is not SUPER-SIZED.
smile.gif

Even OWB will tilt out with love handles, BTW. At least you will print in comfort though.

I just lost 20 lbs and found that I can conceal a lot better now and don't HAVE to use an OWB to prevent nerve damage to the leg from the barrel being pushed into it by the love handle.

YMMV, but losing 40lbs will be your best solution all around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually the point was - that problem did not need to be solved with a gun. The fat guy wasn't any good. Yet to introduce a gun into the situation would get a CCW'er into trouble in many municipalities today.

Good luck</div></div>

Not if you pistol whipped the son-of-a-bitch....then did the same to the bitch that stuck her fingers in your eye....

Even with a bullet in the chamber the .45 provides a hell of a lot of impetus in shutting some asshole/dumbass down.

Standing there getting your ass kicked does nothing but add gasoline to the fire.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308sako</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine just is held by the FAT folds...</div></div>

Epic.

During my days of actually getting in the ring, I would have loved to be in there with a guy like the one in the video. All of those guys that were just big and never really went against anybody that trained for it just got devastated. Watching the video, I didn't see one good punch, just lumbering shots. His first punch was totally undefended from close distance and he missed his mark by almost a whole fist. There were many ways to handle that situation, and he chose the wrong way.

I wonder if after that beating, the guy took measures to make sure that didn't happen again.

he did look kind of cartoonish after those two guys helped him back up.... I'm betting he didn't. Just filed in one of those stories that he gets to bitch about later on in life.

Sheep,...all of them to include the victim, other patrons, manager and staff, violence like this is common place as this becomes a nation of sheep being preyed upon by wolves conditioned by a society desensitized by gratuitous violence and lack of respect for your fellow man. Not one sheepdog in the group, what a sad testament to the pussification of the American male.

OP- as has been stated you may be best suited with a SOB small of back holster or OWB and untucked shirt. My only concern with the concealed carry by most folks is they do not practice getting the gun into the fight in a timely manner. Practice sweeping the over garmet out of the way and drawing in one smooth motion while getting off the X and moving your feet. Let us know what you decide and why. Take care and good luck.

My state laws and most others would classify a guy of that size difference kicking your azz justified use of a gun. Had he not been stopped by the girlfriend he could have easily messed the guy up bad or killed him. The crux in the court room is who started it....you can have no part in starting or escalating the incident and not be in the gray with the use of deadly force. The guys standing around is the interesting part. That does not happen where I live.

I will say the guy would be pretty easy to find and one day he is gonna go outside his house at night to take a piss.

Ok all you cops and lawyers, give me your opinion of what kind of legal trouble I'd be in if I were the guy on the phone, had done everything exactly like he did, EXCEPT...when the big guy comes up and I can tell it's going to go "hands on" I take the initiative and hit him right in the adams apple and his girl friend too, and then go Tasmanian Devil on them both. I'm not talking about using a firearm, just hands. There's so many people in that close proximity using a pistol could cause lots of problems.

In watching that film I would have been in fear for my life when the boyfriend comes in and the girl goes on the offensive cause she thinks her boyfriend is her backup.

I would have fought like a grizzly bear was trying to eat me be damned the legal implications because you knew watching the film just like he knew standing there exactly what was coming.

Tony - IMHO only - which means nada...

If you gave ground and issued a very loud verbal warning first, let him break the space again and then lit him up - I think you get a free pass. I think you get in trouble thinking the pass is good for all you can eat. My feeling is that the powers that be start charging you for the meal when it becomes obvious you were no longer in danger and could have vacated the scene.

Like someone else remarked - there wasn't a straight punch in the bunch. The fat man was just that, a fat felon accustomed to dealing with exactly what the other slob / family man / workaday Joe was - all hat, no cattle.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok all you cops and lawyers, give me your opinion of what kind of legal trouble I'd be in if I were the guy on the phone, had done everything exactly like he did, EXCEPT...when the big guy comes up and I can tell it's going to go "hands on" I take the initiative and hit him right in the adams apple and his girl friend too, and then go Tasmanian Devil on them both. I'm not talking about using a firearm, just hands. There's so many people in that close proximity using a pistol could cause lots of problems.

In watching that film I would have been in fear for my life when the boyfriend comes in and the girl goes on the offensive cause she thinks her boyfriend is her backup. </div></div>

Size or not, if the guy came in and threatened you, you would have the okay to punch first, hard and often.

As Mo_Zam_Beek noted, at that point you kind of have to decide when the "free lunch" is over and "Pay lunch" begins. You don't want to be in that line. Once you've disabled him then you have to give room unfortunately. I say unfortunately, because the big bastard didn't give any quarter when he could have backed off.
I guess that's the difference between 'good' and 'not-so-good' people eh?

My last thought OT - I also think that particularly for those who carry you need to save your powder for shit that counts.

'Family Man' wanted to get all poofed up about a fat woman that cut in front of him and many others. In the big picture - so what? Also, that is an issue for the management to handle. If you are the kind of person that freaks out b/c someone cuts in front of you (not that that is exactly what happened in this case, but nonetheless) you may not be the best person to be walking around with a firearm. Same as folks that shoot you the finger in traffic.

Sticks and stones - right? There have been several times in my life I have either smiled and waved, left, or even said I was sorry. None of it changes how I feel when I look in the mirror.

Defer...defer...defer - until it is really time to defend.

Regardless - be better than 'Family Man' - he did every thing wrong.

Good luck

If you are going to pack a gun daily, prepare to be the biggest "puss" you ever met.

I read that on the net the other day and it's pretty good advise. Of course there is a line you should already have drawn and be willing to do the deed that needs doing at that point.

Pre-think these scenarios out in advance. I highly recommend reading up on SouthNarc's MUC or taking a class with the guy. The most important part of CCW is being able to Manage Unknown Contacts IMO.

Second - definitely review South Narc's management of unknown contacts / pre fight indicators / and his J Frame thoughts - they are all great works.

Jim is lucky in that he has trained with SN - he didn't tell me about the opportunity in advance....Some day I hope to learn from the man himself.

Good luck