• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Favorite Scope Mount

_615_AP

Private
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2020
Long time reader, first time poster.
building an AR 6.5 CM, with a VortexViper PST 5-25 optic. Which mount is your favorite for Vortex?
TIA

ERA-TAC, Badger, and Nightforce. Anything comparable will serve you right. I’d recommend one piece with a slight offset just to forego any potential issue. You’re likely to get differing options.

Reactions: Guthwine
Seekins MXM 30mm w/ 20 MOA
Badger Ordnance one piece mount 306-97
Nightforce Unimount A191

These will accomplish just about anything you'd want to do with a 6.5CM AR.

Badger and Nightforce. I like the lower height ones (1.3, 1.38) for standard stocks without adjustable cheek risers. And also 20 moa.

I always use Badger. The 1.3 is good for 50mm object on a flattop and a 56mm on a more traditional rifle.

I like the JP mounts, they are a strong secure mount. If you run a stock shorter than rifle length then you will probably need an extended mount.

The MPA mounts are top notch. They are significantly less expensive than the competition.

My favorite one piece from descending:

1. Geissele
2. Era-tac
3. Knight’s Armament
4. GDI
5. Badger Ordinance

I like Bobro mounts. Nightforce, Badger, Geissele are also very dependable. I like KAC mounts for KAC rifles.

Get a 20 MOA mount regardless of which manufacturer you choose.

American Rifle Company for me, ARC M10 QD-L is an excellent mount and even though it is not cantilevered I've never had a problem with it on large frame AR rifles. I also like ERA-TAC, they have an excellent QD design.

Reactions: phlegethon
Everyone's recommendations above are all very good mounts.
I would echo the 20 MOA of angle built in and make sure it has some offset so you can get the correct eye relief.

No likes for LaRue !? Seems rock solid to me plus didn’t break the bank.

While I never had any issues with my larue mounts I have converted all to badger or nightforce. I’m not a big fan of split rings and have been pleased with the unimounts.

The height thing is personal preference but my NF A191 is 1.375" to center line and cleared a 3.5-15X50 F1 on my SPR with ease.
and not just a preference, but some people have huge heads (or tiny ones) with varying distance between their cheek and natural sight line.
tony robbins probably needs a riser.

Ive never had a problem with Aero Precision mounts. (maybe im in the minority) Light weight and work well on my AR10 6.5 build.

Doesnt look like anything they advertise is really available for purchase.
And the only choice is 20min which gets silly for LPVOs.
You just need to contact Jon, I've bought a number of items from him over the years and he almost always ships within a week or two at the most, last purchase was his scope caps for my Kahles K318i, they did not show they were available but shipped within a couple days. He makes quality gear, highly recommended if he has what you're looking for.

Aadmount is probably my favourite overal.
I've had very good luck with Badger.
I am preparing a video on mounts and scope parallax, so I looked at a few more I do not usually see. I liked Era-tac and Near mount.
Not a huge fan of LaRue or ADM. ADM has a good rail clamp, but I don't like the rings.
Seekins mount and its Vortex version are both pretty good.
I just started looking at Burris' new AR-Signature mount. It will be interesting to see how it does. So far so good.

ILya

Aadmount is probably my favourite overal.
I've had very good luck with Badger.
I am preparing a video on mounts and scope parallax, so I looked at a few more I do not usually see. I liked Era-tac and Near mount.
Not a huge fan of LaRue or ADM. ADM has a good rail clamp, but I don't like the rings.
Seekins mount and its Vortex version are both pretty good.
I just started looking at Burris' new AR-Signature mount. It will be interesting to see how it does. So far so good.

ILya
Looking forward to this ILya, especially if you talk about pros and cons between 1913 Picatinny and NATO-STANAG 4694. Scalarworks LEAP has been at the top of my list to check out but haven't had the right setup for it yet. Have you tried ARC yet, they are my favorite, in fact, just bought the M10 QD-L.

Looking forward to this ILya, especially if you talk about pros and cons between 1913 Picatinny and NATO-STANAG 4694. Scalarworks LEAP has been at the top of my list to check out but haven't had the right setup for it yet. Have you tried ARC yet, they are my favorite, in fact, just bought the M10 QD-L.

I know you like ARC and they work, but those hinges are basically a tolerance stack up waiting to happen, so I am not a huge fan.

Most decent mounts work fine when the rail and the tube are in spec.

Scalarworks has the aesthetic really done right, but the rail clamp is Picatonny, not STANAG if memory serves me right. There is also the hinge between ring halves that worries me.

From a tolerance stack up standpoint, single hinge on top of the rings is probably worse than the dual hinge setup that ARC uses.

ILya

Reactions: Glassaholic
...but those hinges are basically a tolerance stack up waiting to happen, so I am not a huge fan.
Would love to hear more about this "tolerance stack up waiting to happen" these rings have been out for years and I've never heard about issues with the hinge design.

Would love to hear more about this "tolerance stack up waiting to happen" these rings have been out for years and I've never heard about issues with the hinge design.

If the scope tube is ever so sightly undersized and the two hinges are not perfectly identical you will have lateral stress that is different between front and rear rings.

Having two slightly loose hinges does allow for a slight self-centering effect.

ILya

Reactions: Glassaholic