• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing favorite scope that you test fire with?

Re: favorite scope that you test fire with?

Our workhorse for proof firing all new rifles is an IOR Valdata. Hasn't missed a lick yet. Some days at the range it will be on 3 different rifles. We had 2 Nightforces for the job but they got sold with the rifles after the customer INSISTED on buying them.

I have a Leup VX-3LR 6-20 that tracks 100% etc. Basically if I get down and dirty and have issues with a rifle/optics combo this thing goes on. An example of this would be the TAC 21 chassis review I did where the scope I got with the rifle just wasn't working out so great..

Sightron SIII 10-50X60's

old 36X leupold AO with fine crosshair and 1/8 min lee diamond dot. It will tell on ammo,gun or nut behind trigger , too much coffee, it will even read high blood pressure or one two many beers..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cattle buyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> old 36X leupold AO with fine crosshair and 1/8 min lee diamond dot. It will tell on ammo,gun or nut behind trigger , too much coffee, it will even read high blood pressure or one two many beers.. </div></div>

+1 on the old Leupold 36x. Just keeps going and going.
grin.gif

Regards, Paul.

It's funny you say that, cause every cooper rifle I have seen was test fired with that scope.

I bought the 6-24x56 zeiss from Doug to make my dedicated sighting scope.

I have a Leupold Vari-X III 6-20x50 that Premier Reticle boosted to 14-35x. It's my load development scope.