• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fear of AI, Lord of the Rings moment.

Bender

Known Troll
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2014
    Cheyenne WY.
    One of my clearer/non sarcastic thoughts.

Would you get tired of babysitting someone with an iq of 50? Would you work on stuff and never try to explain your train of thought to a three year old? This is where AI becomes scary. At some point it will be exponentially smarter than humans and it will stop trying to rationalize to us why it’s doing what it’s doing.

Regardless of your political views, or thoughts on Glenn Beck, please watch this and discuss.

Reactions: Eggman and lash
    Indeed, maybe one day, one day in the distant future, AI may be able to solve a question, the question, that has plagued mankind over the centuries and challenged and frustrated some of the greatest thinkers across the generations - How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Indeed, maybe one day, one day in the distant future, AI may be able to solve a question, the question, that has plagued mankind over the centuries and challenged and frustrated some of the greatest thinkers across the generations - How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
    I thought you were going to say: What does my wife want for dinner?

Reactions: Two36