• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal GMM AR Primers

Killbox Alpha

Silenced America
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2010
North Texas
I was in a gun shop in Tulsa this afternoon and stumbled across these. I shoot alot of Federal primers and have never seen them before today. Does anyone have personal experience? I always heard GMM primers are more sensitive and a premature detination if more likely. I've always run CCI in a AR platform due to them being a little harder.

9a50e81f.jpg

Re: Federal GMM AR Primers

looks like they got the hint they primer cup are too soft for semi autos. Try them out and let us know how they fare.
Good find.

Wow, AR and Match used together. Never thought I would see that! Yeah, I'd like to see how that works out. Maybe Federal came up with a softer primer that might be slightly recessed to eliminate the age old slam fire issue. Hell I still get em with CCI's.
Hope it works out, keep us informed. Might be the new hot ticket here.

Been using FGMM SR primers in my AR since I started reloading. I'm interested in how these perform, just for the sake of safety.

I found this description on grafs website.

Gold Medal Match AR Primers are small rifle match primers that are optimized for AR15s and similar semi-automatic rifles. They feature harder primer cups than standard primers, and are designed to perform better in semi-automatic actions that use free-floating firing pins.

Sounds like a good deal there, got to give em a shot. I really like that powder, bullet, reloading die and other manufactures are offering items to help curtail some of the "issues" the AR platform has. 8 to 10 years ago, there was next to nothing offered, heck now they even have 22LR ammo for the AR's chambered in 22LR.
The AR has made leaps and bounds with the offering of more specialized components.