• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal judge rules marijuana use doesn't preempt firearms ownership

Going back to the posts about the founding fathers and early Americans being under the influence...

It was quite common in the colonies, especially New England, to receive rum as part of your daily wage. And you were free to drink it on the job.

Bet that made for some lively days in the shipyards...

"Hey Samuel, after you finish drinking your second tankard of lunch, climb up in the rigging and get that yardarm hung."

Mike

What do you think was in everybody's boxes of snuff they carried around?

Cocaine_share.jpg

I know I can run the bolt faster after a few lines , I hate doing it because I cut my trigger finger every time .

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
Going back to the posts about the founding fathers and early Americans being under the influence...

It was quite common in the colonies, especially New England, to receive rum as part of your daily wage. And you were free to drink it on the job.

Bet that made for some lively days in the shipyards...

"Hey Samuel, after you finish drinking your second tankard of lunch, climb up in the rigging and get that yardarm hung."

Mike
IIRC it was required that farmers grow hemp, but that was for rope, not ot smoke.

IIRC it was required that farmers grow hemp, but that was for rope, not ot smoke.
Yep. I read something about appropriations to buy some ungodly amount of rope for naval vessels back then... It was listed in tons, maybe hundreds of tons... Don't remember the exact amount but it was staggering considering it was all laid by hand.

Mike

View attachment 8069788

I know I can run the bolt faster after a few lines , I hate doing it because I cut my trigger finger every time .
Late 70's thru mid 80's it was more surprising to walk into a bar and NOT see someone doing rails of peruvian marching powder on the bar.
But a simple glance tells me that is baking soda, that's why the dude isn't worried about cutting his finger and ruining $100 of magic disco powder.

Reactions: candyx

Researchers have discovered that regular pot smokers suffer a decline of two IQ points over time compared to those who did not use cannabis as an adolescent.

Sounds a lot like total bullshit. 🤡 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: But consider for a second if it were true, some people barely have two pennies to rub together.
I think my iq declined 2 points reading this thread.
Washington’s journal entries talk about getting indica strains from india( higher cannabinoid levels) than the “hemp” plants they had.

Playing around with breeding

He also spoke of separating the males from the females to let the females grow strong. You do that because as soon the plant gets seeded, the potency turns to shit and it makes it extremely hash when burned.

Washington wasn’t just growing hemp.

Yep. I read something about appropriations to buy some ungodly amount of rope for naval vessels back then... It was listed in tons, maybe hundreds of tons... Don't remember the exact amount but it was staggering considering it was all laid by hand.

Mike
And thats one of the reasons cannabis/hemp was made illegal. Dupont had just developed nylon and wanted to sell it to the navy for rope. Didnt work out so well I heard, nylon gets stiff and breaks when it gets really cold whereas good hemp rope stays flexible. Can someone who was recently in the navy confirm of refute that.

I always used hemp rope when doing tree work, nylon just didnt hold up or do as well.

I think my iq declined 2 points reading this thread.

Washington’s journal entries talk about getting indica strains from india( higher cannabinoid levels) than the “hemp” plants they had.

Playing around with breeding

He also spoke of separating the males from the females to let the females grow strong. You do that because as soon the plant gets seeded, the potency turns to shit and it makes it extremely hash when burned.

Washington wasn’t just growing hemp.
Do you have those journal entries?

Do you have those journal entries?
Not straight from his journal but these are supposedly exerts. With dates.
2E56D62A-4962-48A0-8670-9D4A7F2D0E9F.jpeg
F9BBCEE5-3029-4399-A70C-D7DF79212D55.jpeg
DB35FC3F-B097-4C3B-80EA-042BD2697C44.jpeg
30D0CF8C-FC69-4533-B894-C48F8BD7C633.jpeg

While some will argue that you seperate the males and females with hemp because it makes the fiber stronger… it most definitely makes it more potent and burn cleaner.

But yes 100%. The Indica strains washington had definitely were the “ drug” type.

Have have seen more detailed explanations. But honestly don’t feel like looking them up. I promise the information is out there especially the dates and times that he did a lot of this. He kept records of it, like a farmer would.

Pretty sure Indica was a result of the Afghan "hippie trail" in 60s... Didn't show up in US strains until 70s or so, also exported to Holland. Afghanistan is a historically closed country, never been successfully occupied since Ghengis Khan IIRC though many have tried. He only did it because he killed everyone so nobody could say shit about it.

Ruderalis is the common ditch weed from E. Europe you may be referring to. It was a hardy plant but not worth smoking or anything. I am unaware of any of Washington's writings on this, only know they required people to grow it in US during certain wars, last being WW2.

I've seen the hemp grown for rope. All it's good for, anyone in the midwest knows what I'm talking about. Won't produce what you're looking for. Nebraska wanted ranchers to eradicate it, which is ludicrous --be far more genuine to require eradication of the musk thistle, which destroys grazing areas (dug tons of those motherfuckers up too while fixing fence!). As a teenager we filled a 55gallon barrel drum in a barn with "hemp" and lit it up. Got a splitting headache but it made for a fun time when you got nothing to do in the hinterland.

Now I THINK it contains trace amounts of CBD which is extracted legally even in states where cannabis isn't. Someone on here was a HUGE distributor of it a while back.

But while I was there those 2 short years playing city cowboy on a no shit ranch, two assholes from my HOMETOWN in AL showed up in a Ryder truck and occupied one of the busted up and overgrown 1800s prairie houses on the ranch; it was 5 sq. miles in a remote area near the KS border so easy to overlook. They filled it with that shit intending on taking it back and flooding the market. They got caught, wouldn't be surprised if they still aren't in prison 35 years later given Nebraska. Anyway, probably worked out, them dixie boys woulda killed them for a transgression that egregious!

Now the shit my friends brother gave me in 89 or so when I was 14? Goddamn... Cartoon universe man. IF it ever gets that good again I'll pick up a new habit, PM me, otherwise I'm out.

Not straight from his journal but these are supposedly exerts. With dates. View attachment 8069882View attachment 8069883View attachment 8069884View attachment 8069885

While some will argue that you seperate the males and females with hemp because it makes the fiber stronger… it most definitely makes it more potent and burn cleaner.

But yes 100%. The Indica strains washington had definitely were the “ drug” type.

Have have seen more detailed explanations. But honestly don’t feel like looking them up. I promise the information is out there especially the dates and times that he did a lot of this. He kept records of it, like a farmer would.
Indica doesn't grow that far South. Look it up. Those are equatorial sativas that come from India. Indica doesn't mean India. Indica is a latin term for species identification and cannabis isn't the only indica classification --like the various types of indica rice.

Sativa (a similar latin term applying to various flora) was the bulk of cannabis (a more specific term I think you're looking for) until late 60s when real c. indica was imported. It's not suitable for hemp production as the stalks are shorter and the plant wider, thus taking up more growing space with less actual production. It also produces a mushier, less fibrous stem and is easier to break in high winds. What you want are 12' (arguably shitty) sativas for hemp production that flex in winds.

I'm under the impression it was first brought to US by African slaves and/or Spanish slave traders in the triangle trade because either through culture or lack of enough booze and wanting a buzz, it became popular with one another.

Interestingly when I was in Holland post ETS 20 years ago (honestly, to examine Dutch art and architecture --though I did try a gram of high test hash) I learned they only started using it because Hitler cut off their tobacco supply and for desire to extend the supply they cut it with --marijuana. Shitty Ruderalis to be exact. But that's how it happened there.

They have a library there dedicated to it, really informative and spent a couple hours perusing the older documents and artifacts which were of interest. 60s hippie trail was extensively documented.

If folks want to legalize drugs it must come with a caveat, my tax dollars are not to be used to save them from themselves.
This ^^^ right here is why it should never happen.
There will always be a bleeding heart crying about those dying in a ditch by their own hands.
Fuck, we are living it right now.
Narcan for free and epi pens/ insulin are sky fucking high…

R
"
If folks want to legalize drugs it must come with a caveat, my tax dollars are not to be used to save them from themselves."

Now that shit is funny . Obviously you know nothing of what those wonderful buds do .

while I would never think that drugs and alcohol and guns mix well , but since natural selection has taken a hiatus on stupid people on the planet earth it might work out as a positive just saying .

• Haha
Indica doesn't grow that far South. Look it up. Those are equatorial sativas that come from India. Indica doesn't mean India. Indica is a latin term for species identification and cannabis isn't the only indica classification --like the various types of indica rice.

Sativa (a similar latin term applying to various flora) was the bulk of cannabis (a more specific term I think you're looking for) until late 60s when real c. indica was imported. It's not suitable for hemp production as the stalks are shorter and the plant wider, thus taking up more growing space with less actual production. It also produces a mushier, less fibrous stem and is easier to break in high winds. What you want are 12' (arguably shitty) sativas for hemp production that flex in winds.

I'm under the impression it was first brought to US by African slaves and/or Spanish slave traders in the triangle trade because either through culture or lack of enough booze and wanting a buzz, it became popular with one another.

Interestingly when I was in Holland post ETS 20 years ago (honestly, to examine Dutch art and architecture --though I did try a gram of high test hash) I learned they only started using it because Hitler cut off their tobacco supply and for desire to extend the supply they cut it with --marijuana. Shitty Ruderalis to be exact. But that's how it happened there.

They have a library there dedicated to it, really informative and spent a couple hours perusing the older documents and artifacts which were of interest. 60s hippie trail was extensively documented.
I am aware of the 60’s hippie trail you speak of.
They are not the only ones to traveled to asia and brought back seeds with them. Some things are lost with time. Hell, I know of people personally, who traveled to India, Nepal and Tibet for this purpose. India is a large country with vastly different climate regions that pushes up in to cold regions with vastly different day lengths. Yes indica are and will grow there.

In my readings on Washington I was of the impression the what he got from India were an Indica variant, shorter, stouter and more tolerant of the climate in Virginia. Which is not equatorial. Ie colder and shorter growing period.

Regardless…. George Washington, our founding father made wine and grew marijuana. It wasn’t until a bunch of bs laws were written about banning this shit in the early 1900’s that they were banned. They went after alcohol, marijuana and guns.

Three things Washington was definitely into.

while I would never think that drugs and alcohol and guns mix well , but since natural selection has taken a hiatus on stupid people on the planet earth it might work out as a positive just saying .
Dude,without that hiatus your dumb ass would have been gone long ago . Just saying .

It's a win for gun rights! This ruling is not only a great step forward for marijuana users, but for all of us who believe in gun rights. The U.S. Supreme Court ruling last year that expanded gun rights was the beginning of the end for this ban, so it's great to see Judge Wyrick make it official.
Interesting first post.

But yes. Any less .gov is a win

The federal judge's ruling does raise some interesting questions regarding the intersection of marijuana use and firearms ownership. While it's undoubtedly a significant decision in terms of individual rights, its broader implications remain to be seen. Some may view it as a positive step towards protecting personal freedoms, while others may have concerns about potential safety risks.
It's essential to continue examining the complexities of this issue and consider various perspectives. On a related note, if you're looking for alternative ways to unwind, you might want to explore options like the best 25mg HHC Gummies. They offer a potential solution for relaxation without the need for cannabis, providing a convenient and potentially effective option.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Haney
It would make more sense, from a legality standpoint, to ask the question on the 4473 about whether or not the buyer is under the influence of alcohol, legal or illegal drugs.

Of course the buyer could simply lie but the ATF goes to extraordinary efforts to "keep guns out of the wrong hands." If that is true then why don't they simply ask the question to stop a purchase by a person that might be under the influence?

After all, an FFL has complete discretion over the sale. What FFL in his or her right mind, would sell to a drunk person? They can come back when they are sober.

However, there can still be cases when someone that might be under the influence of a chemical or biological product and the symptoms are not evident. If the buyer admits to being under the influence, then the sale is stopped.

Preventing the sale of a firearm to someone under the influence would fit with the text, history and tradition of the 2nd Amendment per the Bruen decision.

This sounds like a ridiculous premise to make but think like a lawyer, legislator or bureaucrat for a second. They aren't asking the obvious on the 4473.

The federal judge's ruling does raise some interesting questions regarding the intersection of marijuana use and firearms ownership. While it's undoubtedly a significant decision in terms of individual rights, its broader implications remain to be seen. Some may view it as a positive step towards protecting personal freedoms, while others may have concerns about potential safety risks.
Bot

Obviously shooting while stoned is not a good idea but shooting while drunk is just as bad. How is a person that smokes a joint or two on the weekend more of a safety or other risk that someone who enjoys a few beers on the weekend? Assuming they have not consumed either prior to shooting they are equally fine and capable of being safe. There is zero additional safety risk with weed over alcohol (or many prescription drugs for that matter). Alcohol is absolutely a drug too.

It pretty clear at this point that alcohol is does more harm to individuals, families, and communities than weed. Some hang onto the old reefer madness stigma that is pretty much BS. Just an old stigma. Clearly one that smokes several times a daily is going to have challenges but the idea that someone who has several beers (or other drinks) a day is on some moral high ground is just nonsense. It a choice for all - drink or don't. Smoke weed or don't. And of course don't drive, go to the range, etc. goes without saying.

Full disclosure - I hold federal and state licenses to manufacture alcohol and do it every day. I'm a drug dealer!