• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal judge rules marijuana use doesn't preempt firearms ownership

I agree, and I don't have an issue with Marijuana but I also don't want to smell it everywhere I go. My last trip to Atlantic city gave me a glimpse of what thats like.

Then don’t go around it. Problem solved. I wonder how non-smokers have avoided smelling like cigarette smoke after indoor smoking was stopped?

Then don’t go around it. Problem solved. I wonder how non-smokers have avoided smelling like cigarette smoke after indoor smoking was stopped?

It was the whole boardwalk, how about people just smoke it in their own homes and not pollute the air with their disgusting stench for us non-smokers...or ingest it.

I’m just saying, 90% of fudd arguments against marijuana are retarded.

About the only ones that hold any legitimacy are the ones concerned about lung health from smoking it.

Literally every other argument can be applied to alcohol, Oreo cookies, and peanut butter.
And even that argument falls flat. Any contaminants inhaled into the lungs are doing damage. Doesn’t matter if it’s a vape, pot, or even shitty polluted air
Alcohol doesn’t cause people to eat my Oreo cookies dipped my peanut butter…
You must not know many people that drink a lot and/or very frequently

It was the whole boardwalk, how about people just smoke it in their own homes and not pollute the air with their disgusting stench for us non-smokers...or ingest it.

How about non-smokers just stay inside where there is no smoke? Forever.

Reactions: Aftermath
Not all of them are scumbags, it is ultimately the parents discretion and they are the ones that need to diagnose the issue. When a child cannot focus and falls behind the average in learning, that is an issue.
Children were never meant to be stuck sitting behind a desk being bored out of their skulls and sedentary most of the day.
It's literally against the order of nature.
Then the schools took away recesses and such and wonder why the kids go nuts.

It's practically a crime against children.
So let's medicate the kids so they can sit there and be a zombie to learn mostly useless feel good stuff to pass tests on woke doctrine.

Children were supposed to be active, engaged and learning by experience with limited amounts of sitting still to study things.

Agree . It would kill the Cartels cash flow nearly immediately.

It would keep people from overdosing on laced shit. Most people I know of personally who were killed from Fentanyl assumed they were taking other things, which is why they were killed, had it not been mixed in, they’d still be here. They didn’t know it was there! Because they got a hold of some bullshit.

Let it be sold and taxed. Peoples get CLEAN DRUGS. And not being treated as societal outcasts, breaking the law, people with serious addiction issues have a better chance of seeking real help. People with sever addictions are out casts… that keeps them from getting the help they need that could save them, or at least lead them to the path of help and personal control over their use.

Prohibition doesn’t work.
Prohibition doesnt work. Agreed.

They'd get clean drugs. Agreed

It would only impact the Cartel's cash flow slightly. Those parasites have diversified, They're into all kinds of shit now, stealing oil/gas form Pemex, Intimidation of anyone they can jsut like the mob does in the US cities. "Pay us or we'll fuck you up."

Reactions: GreenGO Juan
There is the problem. Errbody is all like “Personal liberty and happiness” until they’re inconvenienced, and then they’re all like “Muh personal liberty and happiness is mo’er important than errbody else.”

Tale as old as time.
that argument can easily flipped on its head lol

Children were never meant to be stuck sitting behind a desk being bored out of their skulls and sedentary most of the day.
It's literally against the order of nature.
Then the schools took away recesses and such and wonder why the kids go nuts.

It's practically a crime against children.
So let's medicate the kids so they can sit there and be a zombie to learn mostly useless feel good stuff to pass tests on woke doctrine.

Children were supposed to be active, engaged and learning by experience with limited amounts of sitting still to study things.

100% agree but we are where we are.

that argument can easily flipped on its head lol

It can be universally applied, but not flipped. Being flipped would be

“ muh personal liberty and happiness is mo’er important than errbody elses” until they’re inconvenienced, and then they are all like “personal liberty and happiness”. Which probably no-one does.

There is the problem. Errbody is all like “Personal liberty and happiness” until they’re inconvenienced, and then they’re all like “Muh personal liberty and happiness is mo’er important than errbody else.”

Tale as old as time.

The problem is that it's an extremely rare person that actually truly wants freedom and liberty.

Almost everyone actually wants freedom to do exactly what they want to do and then pretty please would the government send the men with guns and boots to go curb stomp people doing what I don't like or who I just plain don't like.

It's very much like free speech, very few people actually truly want free speech.
Most people, especially all the left wing people, actually just want to be able to say what they want with no problem and then have the government or corporations or thugs or whatever muzzle, silence and punish anyone that says things they don't like or don't agree with.

Just like freedom of religion, everybody says they are for it, right until they see that they might actually be able to lord it over everybody else and force everybody else to do what they say. The only reason there was freedom of religion in America is that no church actually was for it, but no church wanted to be the one under the heel of some other more powerful church so begrudgingly they kind of sort of agreed to pretend to respect everyone's worship choice.
Of course now that the religion of militant atheism and earth worship has started to gain a lot of power they are looking to try to persecute all other religions and anyone who won't bow down to their false gods.

It's true because our government said so...
I'm just thankful they keep me safe from going psychotic from smoking the devil's lettuce, and punish me for not wearing my seatbelt. They punish us because they care.

tumblr_o04hfdHhkd1qf5do9o1_500.gif
Actually, the seatbelt is not a punishment. They reduce traffic fatalities a LOT and in combination with air bags, crumple zones, etc, make cares a ton safer than the ones I grew up with. It aslo reduces your insurance bill...unless you live in Oklahoma.

Who cares?
Parents, employers, and tax payers all should care.

One example, the above mentioned ex son in law. Smoked a ton in high school and college, no other meds, knocked the daughter up and they married, he joined the army. Five years later, his brain just melts down into psychotic episodes, beat on our daughter, tried to kidnap the grandkids but the MPs caught him and we got all of them out of there and across the country. He gets medically retired as an E-5 with his paycheck and full benefits for life, to no fault of the army or tax payers in the least, but we're on the hook for it.

Second example, son and daughter in law suckers in for a charity/sympathy case, moves a 20-something "former" (yeah, right) pot head into their house to help her out. She lamely tries to get back on her feet, I don't believe that was ever the intent though, because then she's asking around about how to get on SSI disability because her anxiety and depression just won't allow her to work. She's going to get it too, and will be on social security for the rest of her 50 plus years of life without having ever paid into the system. And some people wonder why SSA is going insolvent, but I certainly don't.

Two first knowledge examples of what I imagine are tens to hundreds of thousands in our country alone. Shit, maybe millions, would only take a 1% incidence rate to hit multiple millions...

Legalize it, absolutely, and as a parent beat the living tar out of your kids if they try it. As an employer, don't hire and/or fire everyone who uses the shit. As a tax payer, demand zero benefits for anyone with a history of it. ZERO.

Smoking that shit is as bad as shooting brand x remans out of a Hi-Point, you might get away with it for a spell, but eventually it's probably going to blow up in your face.

I completely agree with this, and kept my own kids off the meds despite their cunt mother's incessant bitching about it.

Weaker strains are available, but how much are they actually sought after? Nobody every said "this is some weak shit" as a compliment.
Generally, stronger is more desirable..

Since its already common knowledge that I used to use cannabis, and if they drop the federal prohibition I might again though it would be strictly as edibles (Youre lungs are made for air, not smoke). I'll say with authority of BTDT, the stuff that was around in the late 60's, early 70's, the Acapulco Gold, Panama Redmann's ;) ,Thai Stick, Cambodian, etc, absolutely crapped on the best domestic coming out of California...no comparison. That shit would make you hallucinate or go comatose, today's domestic...Meh.

My counsel to the youngsters or anyone else interesting in trying it, is 'DONT' SMOKE ANYTHING' (Hopefully) you wouldnt piss in your gas tank, dont put smoke in your lungs. And forget the vaping, I never tried it but have heard of a syndrome called 'Popcorn Lung' that develops from the garbage they use to extract and mix with the cannabis, and gives you a permanent irritation and cough.

Edibles.

Reactions: SBRSarge
Or just shut off the smokers lights forever, problem solved.
Seriously, people like you need to fuck off.

You want safe spaces? Crawl under your covers and stay there. Leave other people alone.

My nose gets assaulted every time I walk into the fragrance section of a department store, or when I enter a gym locker room, but I just deal with it and leave other people, that aren't otherwise bothering me, to their own.

And to the others trotting out, "But the children!!! The potency of those newfangled strains!!!!" Just like @Bigfatcock stated, people also drink 124 proof bourbon, and some people drink lite beer.

Get a grip and realize there can be choices, and we don't need nanny government micromanaging everything just to keep you from trembling.

I don't smoke weed. I don't do recreational drugs, but clearly the nanny approach has not and will not ever work to "keep you safe."

It can be universally applied, but not flipped. Being flipped would be

“ muh personal liberty and happiness is mo’er important than errbody elses” until they’re inconvenienced, and then they are all like “personal liberty and happiness”. Which probably no-one does.
I wasn’t being specific to smokers. I could care less about people weak enough to let cigarettes control them. While I don’t want to smell them, I’m all for them ending their existences early for the rest of us. Same reason I don’t think all other drugs should be illegal. Only shame is cigarettes take too long to do their job.

I’m saying your personal liberty (smoking I guess if that’s what we’re stuck on) isn’t a free pass to be a fucking idiot at the expense of others liberty.

One example, the above mentioned ex son in law. Smoked a ton in high school and college, no other meds, knocked the daughter up and they married, he joined the army. Five years later, his brain just melts down into psychotic episodes, beat on our daughter, tried to kidnap the grandkids but the MPs caught him and we got all of them out of there and across the country. He gets medically retired as an E-5 with his paycheck and full benefits for life, to no fault of the army or tax payers in the least, but we're on the hook for it.

Second example, son and daughter in law suckers in for a charity/sympathy case, moves a 20-something "former" (yeah, right) pot head into their house to help her out. She lamely tries to get back on her feet, I don't believe that was ever the intent though, because then she's asking around about how to get on SSI disability because her anxiety and depression just won't allow her to work. She's going to get it too, and will be on social security for the rest of her 50 plus years of life without having ever paid into the system. And some people wonder why SSA is going insolvent, but I certainly don't.

Two first knowledge examples of what I imagine are tens to hundreds of thousands in our country alone. Shit, maybe millions, would only take a 1% incidence rate to hit multiple millions...

Legalize it, absolutely, and as a parent beat the living tar out of your kids if they try it. As an employer, don't hire and/or fire everyone who uses the shit. As a tax payer, demand zero benefits for anyone with a history of it. ZERO.

Smoking that shit is as bad as shooting brand x remans out of a Hi-Point, you might get away with it for a spell, but eventually it's probably going to blow up in your face.

Ex son in law was always a turd.

Son and daughter in law made a poor life decision and fed a stray cat.

Keep marijuana illegal. Makes sense.

Ex son in law was always a turd.

Son and daughter in law made a poor life decision and fed a stray cat.

Keep marijuana illegal. Makes sense.
Completely agree and in the second case we're keeping our mouths shut and closed wallet laughing at their mistake, except you're missing on the last point. I said legalize it, and we as working Americans should ostracize it at the same time from the rest of society in order to allow it to be a self correcting problem. No free lunches (abolish food stamps), no free medical care (abolish Medicaid), no free housing (abolish Section 8) and definitely no free money (abolish SSDI), because none of any of that is actually free in the first place.

Freedom to succeed, freedom to fail, and freedom to enjoy or endure all the repercussions of both. The only thing in the way of that are commies.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Lol I’ve known of a lot of people that drink too much but work hard and are productive citizens

Pot heads not so much.
I never seen a normal pot head get violent and beat their kids and wives

alcohol can cause people to get very violent
weed can cause people to be unmotivated and lazy

come on man! anyone that grew up watching cops can tell you this hahahah

Last edited:

Devil's advocate here, but how do you narrow down his obvious mental issues to a root cause of smoking weed? Or are we talking some other drug here? Someone can have untreated mental health issues, and smoke weed, but that doesn't mean the weed caused him to become psychotic. That sounds like a big pharma tactic there. Also it sounds like he had a preexisting issue prior to service. My experience with VA Benefits, they look for things just like that to deny claims/benefits. I'd file that with poolies getting mental health issue from bootcamp...they either are lying or they had them prior.

I have no use for weed or any other drugs (I barely even drink coffee), but neither of those examples proves weed was the issue, but it could indicate people with issues already tend to gravitate towards drugs.

I'm just curious because while in your examples, weed is present, but I don't see how removing that would have prevented either, as there are obviously a metric shit ton of people who end up exactly like your ex SIL or the grifter without ever smoking weed.

My point is...I agree that weed attracts shitheads, but that doesn't mean it created the shitheads.

Edited....i see someone said the same thing, albeit more briefly.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Completely agree and in the second case we're keeping our mouths shut and closed wallet laughing at their mistake, except you're missing on the last point. I said legalize it, and we as working Americans should ostracize it at the same time from the rest of society in order to allow it to be a self correcting problem. No free lunches (abolish food stamps), no free medical care (abolish Medicaid), no free housing (abolish Section 8) and definitely no free money (abolish SSDI), because none of any of that is actually free in the first place.

Freedom to succeed, freedom to fail, and freedom to enjoy or endure all the repercussions of both. The only thing in the way of that are commies.

Apply the same to anyone who uses alcohol, tobacco, has a gambling addiction, is overweight, etc.

Devil's advocate here, but how do you narrow down his obvious mental issues to a root cause of smoking weed?
You ask a good question.

For example, Kurt Vonnegut's son, Mark, wrote a book called, Eden Express where he recounts his experience as he reached his college years.

He was experiencing mental breaks and symptoms that in later hindsight, were exacerbated when he smoked marijuana, but alleviated if he drank alcohol. He was eventually diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, which makes sense why a mild hallucinogenic made the problem worse, but a depressant made it milder.

His problem wasn't the weed, but the fact that a late onset of schizophrenia was more prevalent and debilitating when he smoked marijuana.

I have no use for weed or any other drugs (I barely even drink coffee), but neither of those examples proves weed was the issue, but it could indicate people with issues already tend to gravitate towards drugs.

I'm just curious because while in your examples, weed is present, but I don't see how removing that would have prevented either, as there are obviously a metric shit ton of people who end up exactly like your ex SIL or the grifter without ever smoking weed.
This.

People with 'issues' tend to do things to alleviate the pain/unhappiness that those issues create. They turn to substance abuse (and a substance could be Crack, alcohol, narcotics, Big Mac's, or weed, but regardless its not the substance causing the abuse, it the underlying issue. Saying it is is exactly the same as saying 'Guns are bad.' Guns arent bad, people sometimes use them in bad ways.

Sometimes if the issue isnt treated or resolved, they kill themselves, but dont blame the substance, blame the issue behind the abuse.

Seriously, people like you need to fuck off.

You want safe spaces? Crawl under your covers and stay there. Leave other people alone.

My nose gets assaulted every time I walk into the fragrance section of a department store, or when I enter a gym locker room, but I just deal with it and leave other people, that aren't otherwise bothering me, to their own.

And to the others trotting out, "But the children!!! The potency of those newfangled strains!!!!" Just like @Bigfatcock stated, people also drink 124 proof bourbon, and some people drink lite beer.

Get a grip and realize there can be choices, and we don't need nanny government micromanaging everything just to keep you from trembling.

I don't smoke weed. I don't do recreational drugs, but clearly the nanny approach has not and will not ever work to "keep you safe."

Light switch.....off

You ask a good question.

His problem wasn't the weed, but the fact that a late onset of schizophrenia was more prevalent and debilitating when he smoked marijuana.
Whereas the alcohol dulled whatever the issue was and made it bearable.

You ask a good question.

For example, Kurt Vonnegut's son, Mark, wrote a book called, Eden Express where he recounts his experience as he reached his college years.

He was experiencing mental breaks and symptoms that in later hindsight, were exacerbated when he smoked marijuana, but alleviated if he drank alcohol. He was eventually diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, which makes sense why a mild hallucinogenic made the problem worse, but a depressant made it milder.

Exacerbate, yes. Cause, not likely. Plenty of evidence for one but not the other. People with underlying mental health issues absolutely should not mix in mind altering substances recreationally, at least not unless they are under medical supervision for alternative treatments. There has been research into hallucinogens having positive results in treating depression, anxiety, ptsd, tbi, etc, etc. Even the VA is starting to look into it. I say that with the caveat that these drugs are microdosed usually to achieve progress. There are others that have had great results doing guided heavier doses of hallucinogens like mescaline and Psilocybin.

I have no use for recreational drugs, my problem with them being federally scheduled is it has created an almost impossible barrier to study them to actually see what possibilities they have.

Reactions: Maggot
Some kids actually need that medication and others do not.
That “medication” is just meth. Nobody needs that, especially kids that are just hyper/annoying their parents. I know a guy whose 14 year old son has a medical license for cannabis. Do you like the sound of that? I think I’d rather my kids take a bong rip then amphetamines any day.

Reactions: Maggot and BurtG
Devil's advocate here, but how do you narrow down his obvious mental issues to a root cause of smoking weed? Or are we talking some other drug here? Someone can have untreated mental health issues, and smoke weed, but that doesn't mean the weed caused him to become psychotic. That sounds like a big pharma tactic there. Also it sounds like he had a preexisting issue prior to service. My experience with VA Benefits, they look for things just like that to deny claims/benefits. I'd file that with poolies getting mental health issue from bootcamp...they either are lying or they had them prior.

My point is...I agree that weed attracts shitheads, but that doesn't mean it created the shitheads.

Edited....i see someone said the same thing, albeit more briefly.
Look up the research, those with a genetic predisposition to be affected by marijuana are at a much higher risk of psychosis than those with the trait and don't use it. Those with a family history of mental illness are at a much higher risk if they use weed than those who don't. There's several studies, both domestic and international, that show these traits to be true.

The army chump was definitely pre-service linked, but the army couldn't prove what they didn't even know about so he was medically retired at 100% disability. We the tax payers are funding that and many more like it. No other meds involved, five years into his career, never deployed off of Bragg and had a non-deployable office job at that, was like a switch was flipped and boom - crazy town schizophrenia. Only thing in his history was a lot of weed smoking throughout high school and college.

How did the army not know? Because like every other successful recruiter in the services, they told him to keep his mouth shut so they could write the contract and make mission for another month. It's also why I was very much so an unsuccessful recruiter.

Reactions: BurtG
Apply the same to anyone who uses alcohol, tobacco, has a gambling addiction, is overweight, etc.
Never said it shouldn't be. You shouldn't be accountable for my smoking any more than I should be accountable for your whoring.

Fatties? We should use them for fuel oil.

Look up the research, those with a genetic predisposition to be affected by marijuana are at a much higher risk of psychosis than those with the trait and don't use it. Those with a family history of mental illness are at a much higher risk if they use weed than those who don't. There's several studies, both domestic and international, that show these traits to be true.

The army chump was definitely pre-service linked, but the army couldn't prove what they didn't even know about so he was medically retired at 100% disability. We the tax payers are funding that and many more like it. No other meds involved, five years into his career, never deployed off of Bragg and had a non-deployable office job at that, was like a switch was flipped and boom - crazy town schizophrenia. Only thing in his history was a lot of weed smoking throughout high school and college.

How did the army not know? Because like every other successful recruiter in the services, they told him to keep his mouth shut so they could write the contract and make mission for another month. It's also why I was very much so an unsuccessful recruiter.
I have looked up the research, and your first statement is just a restatement of what I said lol. Weed didn’t cause anything, it exacerbated what was already underlying. I’m saying, take a normal, sane person with no predisposition to mental health issues, and it’s very likely the only side effects are laziness, tiredness, and hunger. Again, not advocating for recreational use of anything, but it’s a bit of a stretch to blame weed for any of that.

Yeah med boards are different, I guess I was more thinking of VBA. There’s more of a burden of proof on the service member to show a nexus between service and disability there. More than likely the army just wanted him gone as quick as possible.

Reactions: Redmanss
Funny when people think seeded swag is safer than well cared for sinsemilla.

Exacerbate, yes. Cause, not likely. Plenty of evidence for one but not the other. People with underlying mental health issues absolutely should not mix in mind altering substances recreationally, at least not unless they are under medical supervision for alternative treatments. There has been research into hallucinogens having positive results in treating depression, anxiety, ptsd, tbi, etc, etc. Even the VA is starting to look into it. I say that with the caveat that these drugs are microdosed usually to achieve progress. There are others that have had great results doing guided heavier doses of hallucinogens like mescaline and Psilocybin.

I have no use for recreational drugs, my problem with them being federally scheduled is it has created an almost impossible barrier to study them to actually see what possibilities they have.
Yes it needs to been done in a controlled manner.

Which is another issue with keeping them illegal. Many of those peddling the shit dont look out for, or teach people proper use. So it is abused by those that don’t know any better, that generates a negative stigma and problems

These thing can heal and help people. The bad stigma come from irresponsibility, exasperated because of illegality. Done right they can be life changing in a positive way. Abused irresponsibly and yes it can be damaging.

Having a few drinks here or there wont kill ya… getting black out drunk daily will likely result in a negitive outcome.

Its about balance.

Reactions: Maggot and jb0311
Funny when people think seeded swag is safer than well cared for sinsemilla.

Yes it needs to been done in a controlled manner.

Which is another issue with keeping them illegal. Many of those peddling the shit dont look out for, or teach people proper use. So it is abused by those that don’t know any better, that generates a negative stigma and problems

These thing can heal and help people. The bad stigma come from irresponsibility, exasperated because of illegality. Done right they can be life changing in a positive way. Abused irresponsibly and yes it can be damaging.

Having a few drinks here or there wont kill ya… getting black out drunk daily will likely result in a negitive outcome.

Its about balance.
That's my whole issue with it. The government likes to come out and say there is no research suggesting blah blah, while they prevent said research from even happening due to legalities. I'm not suggesting 12 year olds should be able to purchase peyote from the local vape shop, but the war on drugs has not done shit to reduce recreational drug use.

but the war on drugs has not done shit to reduce recreational drug use.
Lol you think that was the goal ?

More about the fudds giving over more liberty and treasure and creating another block market

Lol you think that was the goal ?

More about the fudds giving over more liberty and treasure and creating another block market
I never implied it was. it was a direct statement with no suggestive undertones. But the average "drugs are bad m'kay" boomer likely thinks it was the goal. In which case, my point stands.

Reactions: BurtG
That “medication” is just meth. Nobody needs that, especially kids that are just hyper/annoying their parents. I know a guy whose 14 year old son has a medical license for cannabis. Do you like the sound of that? I think I’d rather my kids take a bong rip then amphetamines any day.

Thats where you are wrong but you are free to your own opinion. Your classification of hyper/annoying is not why the medication is needed. That is parent laziness and misuse of the medication.

I don't give a shit if you smoke weed, or drink alcohol ............just don't do either when shooting or handling loaded firearms..........
So you think you shouldn’t be able to ccw when you have a few drinks at dinner or a bar ?

Pot makes you stupid and lazy. If that's not a problem for you knock yourself out. What I don't like about legalization is that now it's everywhere. But, there isn't a good solution. I think making it illegal caused more problems than it solved. That said:

Do you want your kids smoking pot?

I don't care if my kid drinks. He's seen responsible use of alcohol his whole life. If I find out he smokes pot there's gona be trouble. You have to stay on-top of this shit and be in their business all the time. I think a lot of us have our kids doing a dozen sports and activities because we want to keep them too busy to get seduced by drugs. The fentanyl shit is scary as hell. This president is a traitor for letting flood into our country.

Talk about “Reefer Madness”! I think maybe you have been misinformed. You have no idea what other things people ingest. You can’t just blame cannabis for bad things happening. They could have easily been doing pcp or heroin or jenkem for all you know. I’ve seen first hand the good cannabis can have. Demonizing the plant and wanting to punish innocent people for literally nothing is wrong and for lack of a better term evil.