• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Federal judge rules marijuana use doesn't preempt firearms ownership

Pot makes you stupid and lazy. If that's not a problem for you knock yourself out. What I don't like about legalization is that now it's everywhere. But, there isn't a good solution. I think making it illegal caused more problems than it solved. That said:

Do you want your kids smoking pot?

I don't care if my kid drinks. He's seen responsible use of alcohol his whole life. If I find out he smokes pot there's gona be trouble. You have to stay on-top of this shit and be in their business all the time. I think a lot of us have our kids doing a dozen sports and activities because we want to keep them too busy to get seduced by drugs. The fentanyl shit is scary as hell. This president is a traitor for letting flood into our country.
I’ll say it again, I barely even drink coffee, but if an adult wants to wind down with a few beers or a few bowls, that’s his business and I don’t see the distinction between the two. You were just raised that one was bad and the other isn’t. They both affect your brain. Saying weed makes you lazy is like saying drinking makes you beat your wife. Do you beat your wife? Not everyone that smokes pit is lazy, and saying that is just as retarded as saying everyone that drinks beats the shit out of their wife. Moderation is key in everything. If you can’t moderate your cannabis consumption you probably can’t keep your drinking in check either. Health wise, one is absolutely poisonous to your body, but it’s not my business if someone destroys their liver.

When, and if I go to a bar to drink, my CCW is left at home.
In Virginia where I used to live, you could carry in a bar but not drink. In Oklahoma you cant even carry.

503494D7-6829-4CAB-ACE8-53B8C8B99107.jpeg

So to this argument that reef makes you dumb, lazy and crazy…

Explain how this guy owns a business that launched more Satellites into orbit than anyone , owns an automobile manufacturer, bought twitter!

I don’t hear anything about dat…

View attachment 8067887

Explain how this guy owns a business that launched more Satellites into orbit than anyone , owns an automobile manufacturer, bought twitter!

Dats because the ones against it dont know hat theyre talking about, theyre just repeating what theyve heard.

Thats where you are wrong but you are free to your own opinion. Your classification of hyper/annoying is not why the medication is needed. That is parent laziness and misuse of the medication.
Where is it that I am wrong again? That the “medication” is just meth or parents drug their kids to make life easier?

Reactions: BurtG
View attachment 8067887

That’s different

Some super smart people need weed so they can converse with normal people

True statement in 1970, not so much today. The excessive amounts of THC in today's weed is frying young people's brains, and is an increasing reason mental health issues are rising at alarming rates. Our ex son in law proved this to me first hand and my wife sees it on a daily basis in her work as a counselor. There's more than a few clinical studies that get suppressed by today's multi-billion dollar "Big Weed" industry that likes to say weed is safe and natural as their own marketing ploy that's worse than anything big tobacco did, but really abusing any mind altering substance isn't safe and it's proven to cause a significant increase in mental health diagnosis.
I’m more apt to believe that those with mental health issues are trying to suppress their feelings with pot.

Here in PA there's a handful of people I've run into that say they've been told by their doctor they can have a medical marijuana card for various ailments, but since they want to keep their CCW LTCF they've declined it. Seems like a win for people not to have to chose between one or the other.

Plus, may than open up 2a to more people who would vote for more 2a friendly things, fluffy clouds snowball effect

Where is it that I am wrong again? That the “medication” is just meth or parents drug their kids to make life easier?

It's not just "meth", there are chemical differences, so that statement is not accurate. The second statement does occur too frequently. You are a also incorrect when you stated "nobody needs that, especially kids."

Is it overly abused yes, but there is a small percentage of individuals, including kids that do need the medication. It is an ignorant comment to suggest otherwise.

Reactions: jb0311
Dats because the ones against it dont know hat theyre talking about, theyre just repeating what theyve heard.
Even simpler.
People fear what they do not know.
Fear makes people do stupid shit.
Stop being afraid, stop being stupid.

BTW, being a stage 4 cancer patient, yea, I smoke the shit on occasion.
Don't give a flying fuck what people think about that, stage 4 is not curable.....I have bigger things to worry about.
It does nothing for pain, if anyone knows that, it's me, and I have zero reason to lie about it.
Those that say it's medicine, are lying, 100%.
It does help me sleep though.....nothing like trying to sleep with a bunch of vertebrae eaten by cancer.....just try laying down on that shit, I dare you.
15mg morphine sulfate, 20mg oxycontin, about 15 good bong rips and about 6-8 shots of rum or whiskey....and I *might* be able to sleep.
Most people would be face down and slobbering after that, I don't feel a buzz, at all.

Cheech and Chong are totally stoked right now.

Generally, stronger is more desirable..

Since its already common knowledge that I used to use cannabis, and if they drop the federal prohibition I might again though it would be strictly as edibles (Youre lungs are made for air, not smoke). I'll say with authority of BTDT, the stuff that was around in the late 60's, early 70's, the Acapulco Gold, Panama Redmann's ;) ,Thai Stick, Cambodian, etc, absolutely crapped on the best domestic coming out of California...no comparison. That shit would make you hallucinate or go comatose, today's domestic...Meh.
I bet you used a Frisbee or album covers to de-seed lids of brown bud.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
Even simpler.
People fear what they do not know.
Fear makes people do stupid shit.
Stop being afraid, stop being stupid.

BTW, being a stage 4 cancer patient, yea, I smoke the shit on occasion.
Don't give a flying fuck what people think about that, stage 4 is not curable.....I have bigger things to worry about.
It does nothing for pain, if anyone knows that, it's me, and I have zero reason to lie about it.
Those that say it's medicine, are lying, 100%.
It does help me sleep though.....nothing like trying to sleep with a bunch of vertebrae eaten by cancer.....just try laying down on that shit, I dare you.
15mg morphine sulfate, 20mg oxycontin, about 15 good bong rips and about 6-8 shots of rum or whiskey....and I *might* be able to sleep.
Most people would be face down and slobbering after that, I don't feel a buzz, at all.

God speed, hope you find some level of comfort.

It's not just "meth", there are chemical differences, so that statement is not accurate. The second statement does occur too frequently. You are a also incorrect when you stated "nobody needs that, especially kids."

Is it overly abused yes, but there is a small percentage of individuals, including kids that do need the medication. It is an ignorant comment to suggest otherwise.
You want to give meth to kids so they pay attention. Then you want to give them something else to increase their appetite after they stop eating, and then another to help them sleep again. You’ll give them even more when they are depressed. I’m sure you mean well but are only increasing the likelihood of severe mental illnesses in the future which I’m sure you will blame on someone or something other then yourself…to suggest otherwise would be ignorant.

You want to give meth to kids so they pay attention. Then you want to give them something else to increase their appetite after they stop eating, and then another to help them sleep again. You’ll give them even more when they are depressed. I’m sure you mean well but are only increasing the likelihood of severe mental illnesses in the future which I’m sure you will blame on someone or something other then yourself…to suggest otherwise would be ignorant.

Where did I say I would do any of this? Can't refute the inaccuracy of your previous statements so this is your reply....LOL

This ruling was interesting and went a whole lot further than just the marijuana thing. The defendant in this case, as best I recall, was also on probation or parole out of another state. The State took that to task, as well, to which the Judge shot down in glorious fashion - informing the State they constitution provides for them to take the man before a judge and detain him if he is a threat.

This is all Bruen working it's path. It is Justice Thomas, Saint Thomas, who is to thank for the restoration of the 2a.

It won't all come at once, but it will get there.

This case, again as best I recall, was also dismissed by the court with prejudice. In layman's terms he told the State to go pound sand.

These are all stepping stones. Alone they look like a rock -- but stack them together and they'll lead to the NFA and GCA.

So the only arguments made against weed use is that it makes you dumb and it smells bad? Apparently weed must be the only thing on Earth that has those characteristics. Why can't you guys just come out and say what the real problem is. You just don't wanna admit defeat because you're sore losers. You've been led to believe that the war on drugs that Nixon threw us into was a winnable war. You've wasted hours, days, months, years being all self-rightious shitting on anyone who smokes weed while you sit there chugging a 5th of cheap whisky. I've been around stoners with guns and I've been around drunks with guns. I can say a millions times over, I'll choose being around stoners if I had to choose between the two. This war on drugs has been the biggest domestic failure this country has ever seen and has gotten more people killed than the Civil War. Not to mention it's the sole reason why our prisons are overfilled. I've read that states that have totally legalized weed have reported to have a DECREASE in traffic related deaths.

So what was it again? It's makes you dumb and it smells bad. Well, TV and video games are perfectly legal, but make you dumb if you get addicted to them. As far as the smell goes, if you think weed smoke smells bad then you've obviously never been walking behind a couple of zoomers vaping the most God awful smelling vape pens on the planet. The outside world stinks! There's no other way to put it.

I've been around it my whole life. I can honestly say that the ONLY good I've ever seen was for terminal cancer patients who are in pain on chemo, and have no apatite. A friend of mine gave it to his terminal Dad, and they both said it helped a lot both with the pain and eating. Good on them both.

As far as people who aren't sick? I've only seen it rob perfectly good human beings of their drive and motivation to succeed. Plenty of people can use it recreationally, and like alcohol, and some can't. I doubt if you have kids you're going to want them to smoke pot, because at the end of the day drugs (including alcohol) are bad, M'kay? They're going to hurt your life if you can't control it, and some people can't. The longer you prevent them from ingesting the drugs the better shot they have of making something of themselves.

I really don't give a fuck what adults want to do as long as they don't commit crimes to get their drugs, but don't pretend there is some great societal good from pot. If I'm going to get drunk it's a very planned thing around friends and without driving. Otherwise, a drink or two is all I'm going to have, ESPECIALLY around kids. My kids have never seen me drunk, and they never will.

I've been around it my whole life. I can honestly say that the ONLY good I've ever seen was for terminal cancer patients who are in pain on chemo, and have no apatite. A friend of mine gave it to his terminal Dad, and they both said it helped a lot both with the pain and eating. Good on them both.

As far as people who aren't sick? I've only seen it rob perfectly good human beings of their drive and motivation to succeed. Plenty of people can use it recreationally, and like alcohol, and some can't. I doubt if you have kids you're going to want them to smoke pot, because at the end of the day drugs (including alcohol) are bad, M'kay? They're going to hurt your life if you can't control it, and some people can't. The longer you prevent them from ingesting the drugs the better shot they have of making something of themselves.

I really don't give a fuck what adults want to do as long as they don't commit crimes to get their drugs, but don't pretend there is some great societal good from pot. If I'm going to get drunk it's a very planned thing around friends and without driving. Otherwise, a drink or two is all I'm going to have, ESPECIALLY around kids. My kids have never seen me drunk, and they never will.
I think (I hope) we can agree children shouldn’t be doing drugs in any form as their brains are developing. Kids are not really shining examples of good choices or moderation.
I think the rift here is the grown adults that like to pound half a case and then come on here and act like pot is some gateway to losing your soul. I’m fine if one drinks. I’m fine is one eats an edible to wind down at night. Saying one is ok and the other destroys lives is not only boomer lore, but rather hypocritical.

Do you think kids should watch you recreationally smoke pot? You can have a drink and not be drunk. Can you smoke pot and not be stoned? They ARE different, but I get your point. Problem is that legalizing pot is going to make it a lot more available to kids, period. This is my main concern, not what adults want to do. It's a tradeoff, but there isn't a good answer. For me the liberty argument outweighs my concerns.
It's a fallen world, and we are all sinners.

Do you think kids should watch you recreationally smoke pot? You can have a drink and not be drunk. Can you smoke pot and not be stoned? They ARE different, but I get your point. Problem is that legalizing pot is going to make it a lot more available to kids, period. This is my main concern, not what adults want to do. It's a tradeoff, but there isn't a good answer. For me the liberty argument outweighs my concerns.
It's a fallen world, and we are all sinners.
Just like alcohol, there are different levels of stoned. Yes, it is entirely possibly for you to catch a buzz from weed and your kids are none the wiser (provided you don’t smell like a dispensary). Again, moderation.
Im guessing you don’t have any idea how accessible ALL of these drugs are to your kids. Legality has done nothing to limit what’s getting on the streets.
It was easier to get weed when I was in school than it was alcohol. Neither was difficult though.
If you’re worried about your kids smoking, which again, developing brains and all, that’s completely up to your parenting and your kids decision making. Legality has proven to be no barrier to access. If your kids want it, they will get it.

I think (I hope) we can agree children shouldn’t be doing drugs in any form as their brains are developing. Kids are not really shining examples of good choices or moderation.
I think the rift here is the grown adults that like to pound half a case and then come on here and act like pot is some gateway to losing your soul. I’m fine if one drinks. I’m fine is one eats an edible to wind down at night. Saying one is ok and the other destroys lives is not only boomer lore, but rather hypocritical.

I've seen at least what seems like a thousand fuckwits hammered out of their minds beat the tar out of their lady.

Maybe a handful of times I've seen where a stoner has done that -- and that's a recent thing, too. Might argue it's by volume since pot has been legalized so many places -- I think it's part that and part things that have been added to them.

My case to legalize it is to regulate it. The pot us old people smoked as kids is not the stuff people are getting today. Not just that they're lacing it with other drugs but also that the "legal" growers are engineering these crops to have higher THC levels. If they'd legalize it the fed could regulate that content level down to what marijuana was before people molested it and get on with life.

Anyone who thinks legalizing pot will make it a plague on kids hasn't been to a public school bathroom in the last decade. Legalizing and regulating pot would make it less available to kids -- which frankly is probably bad because there's so much worse shit out there and they are the #1 target customer by dealers. Druggies don't have money, drugged out kids can get it from their parents that don't do drugs.

Fentanyl has made all this stuff terrifying as a parent. Because the dealers/cartels have started lacing or faking everything using fentanyl.

That's another reason to regulate.

It was always easier for me to buy weed than alcohol or cigarettes when I was a teenager.

Judging by the tag under your name that's probably because you could go to the store and buy them.

When I was 8 and started smoking I just took a quarter down to the gas station and bought a pack of cigarettes. Not a question asked.

When I was 14 and we wanted to get some beer we just went and bought it at the gas station.

Back then nobody asked, nobody cared. It's quite a bit different these days -- and IMHO the net result is kids are doing harder drugs as a result.

My case to legalize it is to regulate it. The pot us old people smoked as kids is not the stuff people are getting today. Not just that they're lacing it with other drugs but also that the "legal" growers are engineering these crops to have higher THC levels. If they'd legalize it the fed could regulate that content level down to what marijuana was before people molested it and get on with life.
I dont know where you got yours but aside from the Mexican dirt weed, the good cannabis I got was much better than the domestic today.

I have to alternate between laughing at and raging at all the stupid folks making arguments against things being legal that should never have been illegal in the first place, because of that stupid sickening excuse always trotted out to destroy freedom and bind heavy taxes at gunpoint on hard working citizens:

"For the Children"

FUCK that.

Here is the reality, in the state I'm in weed is technically highly illegal and has all kinds of penalties if the government wants to put the boots to someone.
Alcohol is legal and widely available.

I know for a fact, at least some years back, any highschool kid that wanted some weed wasn't more than 2 folks away from being pointed in the direction of a fellow student dealing weed and making good money doing so.

Alcohol, that was a lot harder, they had to steal it from their parents or steal it from someone else.

The only reason any high school kids were not doing weed was because they didn't want to.

Decriminalizing it would actually make it harder for kids to get since the underground market for it would be severely crimped at the supplier level.

It's like all those stupid so called "Christians" that refuse to teach their kids about sex or the human body, or reproduction or birth control and are dead set on their kids only know that babies magically appear and somehow that will keep them "pure" and "safe". Then they wonder where they went wrong when their little pure angelic daughter winds up pregnant.

Drugs, Alcohol, Sex, Tobacco are all widely available things that children will come in contact with and many will want to try at some point.
Teach them about it on a real actual honest level not a bunch of B.S. lies.
Make sure they understand the good and the bad
Make sure they understand how one could enjoy things if they so chose without getting in trouble
For some things like Alcohol or Tobacco if they want to try a bit when they are older, perhaps let them do so in the safety of your home under your supervision.
Make sure they understand the reasons why folks do what they do and the problems that can arise.
Then teach them to resist peer pressure which is often the biggest part of everything.

You can tell who is raising kids and who isn't. Once you're not the most important person in the world shit changes.

I have very libertarian tendencies, but I'm not a libertarian because I live in THIS world. I don't believe that putting dispensaries everywhere is going to make it harder to get pot anymore than I believe more liquor stores make it harder to get booze.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot and jb0311
I

Drugs, Alcohol, Sex, Tobacco are all widely available things that children will come in contact with and many will want to try at some point.

Make sure they understand the good and the bad
Make sure they understand how one could enjoy things if they so chose without getting in trouble
For some things like Alcohol or Tobacco if they want to try a bit when they are older, perhaps let them do so in the safety of your home under your supervision.
Make sure they understand the reasons why folks do what they do and the problems that can arise.
Then teach them to resist peer pressure which is often the biggest part of everything.
There is the answer. Teach them the truth. Christ spoke about the truth..."You shall know the truth and the trucht shall make you free."

A woman I dated told me that her kids and their friends were starting smoking so I asked her to invite me to the family dinner. I took some info and had a frank discussion with the kids. Basically I told them what I said above. One joint isnt going to kill you, one line of coke isnt going to kill you, but your lungs were made for air, not smoke, whether its tobacco, weed, or what ever. If you want to try it try the edibles. On the other hand, coke, crack, etc. is poison, leave it alone. If you just have to try coke, save your money, get a flight to Peru where they welcome you at the airport with a cup cocca tea, but dont snort the crap.

A week or so later she called me and told me they had all decided not to smoke. "Pats self on back" Job well done, Maggot.

Today, with the fentanyl and other crap I might have to get a bit more emphatic, never tried it and wont but apparently that shit will kill you the first time.

You can tell who is raising kids and who isn't. Once you're not the most important person in the world shit changes.

I have very libertarian tendencies, but I'm not a libertarian because I live in THIS world. I don't believe that putting dispensaries everywhere is going to make it harder to get pot anymore than I believe more liquor stores make it harder to get booze.

You might find others have had plenty of experience in the matter, raising and guiding children who grew into teenagers then grew into young adults, and as such know what they are talking about.

Sure when you are responsible for children or others, you are not the most important person in the world, but NEITHER are the others you are responsible for or the children you are raising.

Trying to say you need to destroy the rights of others and enslave others because "my children so special, so important" is a stupid fools game and only leads you to having weak children. If you want the government to send boots and guns to destroy other people's freedom "to protect my kids", you'll fully deserve when those same boots and guns come to take your children from you.

Reactions: jb0311 and Maggot

And just like making more gun laws prevents criminals from using them? Your fallacy is thinking that your child is less likely to use drugs since they are illegal. What else should we ban because you think your child would have a hard time getting it? Nobody is questioning your concern. It’s your logic that is questionable.

I didn't use drugs when I was growing up because they were illegal...just like I didn't break any other laws.

Had a pretty cool job for a while that let me go to all sorts of cool places because of this. Many times I was glad that I didn't turn into what a lot of my school friends did.

I also am smart enough (on occasion) to understand that my position/argument isn't going to relate to everyone else.

I tried the Cannabis thing twice after I retired, so I no longer get to be on my "high" horse. I'm 100% VA disabled from my back, shoulders and knees...no PTSD claim, no sleep apnea claim. I thought it might help, but I got such wicked anxiety attacks that whatever pain relief wasn't worth it.

To each their own...I cast no stones here.

View attachment 8067887

The people I know who are heavy, habitual users are lazy. ,The Rhasta kids where I used to live couldn't even answer basic questions. They functioned a few years younger than the were. There are several foreign studies saying that it lowers your IQ, especially if you are an adolescent. Just my experience.

I'm not against it, and would have voted yes if the Missouri law wasn't retarded and didn't create a constitutionally protected cartel.

I didn't use drugs when I was growing up because they were illegal...just like I didn't break any other laws.

Had a pretty cool job for a while that let me go to all sorts of cool places because of this. Many times I was glad that I didn't turn into what a lot of my school friends did.

I also am smart enough (on occasion) to understand that my position/argument isn't going to relate to everyone else.

I tried the Cannabis thing twice after I retired, so I no longer get to be on my "high" horse. I'm 100% VA disabled from my back, shoulders and knees...no PTSD claim, no sleep apnea claim. I thought it might help, but I got such wicked anxiety attacks that whatever pain relief wasn't worth it.

To each their own...I cast no stones here.
I don’t remember legality influencing my decision in high school, I was just busy working and playing 3 sports to be interested. I also tried it when I got out of the marine corps after 3 tours and I had the same result, anxiety from hell and that impending sense of “doom”. That said, some vets say it gives them relief which is good enough for me. I don’t think them being able to have a little help feeling normal should take a backseat others feelings as long as their consumption doesn’t affect others, ie. driving. The “for the kids” is verbatim what the gun grabbers use to justify their laws. “If it saves just one kid”, “nobody needs an ar-15”, “banning assault weapons would prevent criminals from using them”, etc, etc.

My parents owned a business while I was in high school and someone had put some pamphlets in there about drugs. I flipped through the marijuana one and it had all sorts of side effects listed like “aggression, hallucinations, heart attacks…”, you get the picture. I asked them, if weed is really so bad, why would they have to make shit up to convince people not to use it? There’s a lot of myths out there that were started by the government long ago and people keep regurgitating it. I don’t use any drugs but I have a major issue with the government telling me what I can and can’t grow in my yard.

“If it saves just one life, it’s worth banning.”

-Gun Karen and Marijuana fudds

Drugs have more potential to take your liberty and free will away than they do expand them. The more addictive the bigger the chance. Some people think everything should be legal. Not many recreational fentanyl or heroin users by my estimation.

Pot is among the least of these IMO, certainly better than alcohol, but it's eyes wide open.