• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FedEx sucks a full vacuum

3me

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2010
KC
www.3me.us
My email to FedEx customer service:

Your reps in Lenexa, KS just refused to accept an unopened case of 45 ACP ammo that I needed to ship from KC to my son in Michigan. According to them, I have to call a day in advance and a special courier will come to my house and pick it up and then the next day I can call in a credit card to pay for the shipping, then, if they feel like it and it has all the correct stickers and markings, they might actually put it on a truck and ship it. I guess that special courier truck does not come by their office?

I took it to UPS and was in and out in 10 minutes + it was $2 cheaper. Fed Ex acted like I was trying to hand them a box of dead kittens once they found out it contained small arms ammunition. I should have known there would be issues when I saw there was a "NO CCW" sign on the front doors.

FED EX SUCKS and I am not doing business with you any further. Your employees are idiots.

The reply:

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Customer Support E-mail Form

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Mary Claire R.) - 05/15/2012 10:32 AM Dear Mr. Carver:

Thank you for your comments. We greatly appreciate that you have taken the time to write and share your concerns. This allows us a valuable opportunity to examine and correct possible deficiencies that cause customer dissatisfaction.

I deeply regret that the service you received has failed to meet your expectations of excellence. FedEx is genuinely concerned with providing the highest quality service possible.

I hope you will continue to allow us the opportunity to handle your global shipping needs. We look forward to serving you more satisfactorily.

Mary Claire R.
FedEx Customer Service

My reply:

Thank you for your canned response. It indicates that you not only did not bother to read my complaint, you have no intentions of making any effort towards resolving it. I will be sure to share it with other members of the shooting community so they can use it to make determinations of their future shipping needs.

Re: FedEx sucks a full vacuum

Nice! what a sh*tty response from them. Looks like the already have their responses written they just copy and paste. What a crock, I know I wont be using them thanks

Yep, they suck.

That response was not even from a human.

I would call and bypass the broccoli stalks sitting in the cubicles and ask directly for a manager..

thats just me.

They're an international corporation with almost 300k employees, and you're surprised they didn't jump through hoops to resolve an issue of (to them) insignificant proportions?

You shipped your items with no problem at a competitor, and for cheaper. Are you meaning to trash Fedex or bolster their equally stupid and uncaring competitor because they deigned to actually take your money and ship your product?

Looks about like the response I recently received from my congressman.

Ahhh, the generic automated response…Epically frustrating.

Hmmm. Last time I wanted to ship ammo thru Fedex I just slapped a ORM-D sticker on the box, took it to the local hub and shipped it. It went to KS and they never said a word. Maybe it is just your local people.

I went to the local UPS Store to ship a stock to CDI Precision for Bottom Metal and the local store owner freaked out because the label said "CDI Precision Gunworks". She told me she didn't do business with "my kind of people" and then told me to get the "F^$K out of her store and never come back".

When I called the UPS Store home office to complain, they gave me an email and never responded.