• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Feed back on Coastal Gunworks Suppressors?

M25BeastShooter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2010
Pennsylvania
Saw a dealer at a gun show here in PA this weekend and he had these cans for sale. I have an AAC M4 2000 I bought in 2004 love it on my M4 config. I was just wondering about their .308 as the price is well below any the other brands. A major difference I saw was that they are able to be disassembled to be cleaned/maintenanced. The other cans I've worked with were the sealed(welded) design.

Re: Feed back on Coastal Gunworks Suppressors?

Not really for me as I've got my mind set on a AAC Cyclone later this year. A buddy of mine was looking at the gunshow and asked me about them. We spoke to the dealer and he said the db was around 30-33db. I was hoping to get some wisdom to point my freind either in that direction or to RUN! away. This would be his first can.

Put it this way ..... would your friend buy a Hi Point just to say he has a gun?

Dont let him buy a coastal just to say he has a can.

Buy once cry once, but dont over buy.

A Coastal was my first can and I almost turned my back on cans due to that experience. Luckily I bought a pistol can that resparked my interest and I no longer have that crappy can. It was one of the those learning experiences. :-(

Thanks, Suppressors for me are something I'd like to more of and since my work agency doesn't use them I have to rely on expertise of others.

I was wanting 1 for a 6XC or 6x47Lapua and a dealer assured me they could just "ream out" their 223 can and it would work and he was pushing the $379 price. When you find out that can weighs 28oz and is about 10.5" in length and all chrome moly steel and you get to handle one you will hopefully understand why they are CHEAP.

I was wanting 1 for a truck coyote rig so even with an 16" tube you would be over 26" on tube length. Godawfull ugly, heavy SOB. Not practical for any application IMO especially when it is only for a 223 and that length and weight!!! All chrome moly sure isn't no benefit. Probably be so rusted up after a couple yrs you couldn't get it apart to clean it anyway.lol