• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Feral cats and head shots

Re: The only good cats in town

I live out here in Arizona and some knuckle head(s) took like 15 cats out to Table Mesa Rd (the only place close to town still legal to shoot at) and blew their brains out all over the place, not only is this a fucked up thing to do but when children go out to these places to shoot and see this shit it really screws them up. Not to mention the fact the BLM is looking into closing target shooting out there all together now because of some asshole's obsession with killing for no good reason. Thanks for giving some other assholes great ideas on killing just to kill. Don't get me wrong, I love to hunt and I have done my fair share of killing animals but I have never taken a life just to take it. Its ALWAYS been to put food on the table. I know that some if not most of you will mock this post and I could really careless, I just wanted my opinion out there, so pound sand "in advance".

Moderators;

I've been keeping my peace and practicing tolerance toward this topic. In the interest of the site maintaining a broadminded view, I have refrained from criticising it.

I can no longer do this.

Some of this is just sick.

When we as a community quietly accept what's being posted here, we give tacit support to behavior that is potentially irresponsible and borderline sociopathic.

Others in our communities can come to this public website and observe this tacit approval, and folks among them who are lukewarm supportive of our interests, or at least neutral and tolerant, become disgusted with these posts and pictures. We all become painted with the same broad brush of disapproval (and rightfully so), and we lose the support of the very people we need as allies in order to win in the incessant assault on our Constitutional rights.

Cats are neither evil nor vermin.

Even a feral cat makes huge contribution to controlling rodents and other threats to our society that simmer just below the radar. That goes a long ways toward protecting crops, homes, and containing rabies in the wild. Our intrepid Nimrods are destroying predators and screwing with the necessary balance of nature. If they had no place in our neighboring environment, they'd starve, and the 'problem' would be self correcting.

So when Animal Control can't or won't take your interests seriously, take the hint. If you're thinking of bringing your brand of he-man hunter ethic to my neighborhood, don't. Just don't. I keep my cats in the house where they belong, but if they were to get out and Charlie Catshooter whacks 'em, some one's coming for him. Count on it.

(*edited to add: when I say 'coming for them', I mean for the cats. I have always afforded my pets a decent and respectful burial. People they are not, members fo the family, they are.)

There are a lot of folks in this world who see their pets in the same way others see their children. Agreed; maybe it's not completely well balanced, but it's a lot more tolerated that what we're talking about here. If some neighbor cavalierly shot your kid, posted bloody pics and bragged about it, what would be <span style="font-style: italic">your</span> frame of mind? Maybe it's not their cat, but they get the message, and there goes another one of those non-gunowner-committed votes we needed to defeat that cockeyed cockamamie gunhater who's running against our friend next term. And you <span style="font-style: italic">know</span> that's just the kind of sweet little guy or gal whose vote we just shitcanned. So change out of that peabrain mind, kick it over to the curb, and put on a fresh, new, and refreshingly clean one.

I mean, really...; no, really...! What are we advocating here?

If the neighbor's dog gets loose and craps in my yard, am I being encouraged to shoot the thing? What about the pain-in-the ass, semi-cretin neighbor kid who's constantly shortcutting through my yard? Is she fair game?

I think this thread has gone incrementally sicko and irretrievably astray.

It is unworthy of this site, and if it's got to remain, then it's certainly not appropriate to a legitimate hunting forum and should be moved, perhaps to Maggie's drawers, but more preferably straight to perdition.

Cat Snipers...! Chr*st, what's next...?

Greg

Greg, I agree with you. What I read above what you posted is immature and misguided if not also sociopathic and criminal.

I said something similar during the last thread that was about shooting cats in neighborhoods, and I supported SniperCJ and the other professionals when they said they wanted the thread removed because it had nothing to do with either the values or education available on a site about sniping and long range hunting and shooting.

Much of what the people here are advocating is a crime. We arrest people who do this. Our prosecutors judges jail people for it.

Re: Feral cats and head shots

Feral cats, wild cats, etc...If they are stray cats then they are fair game; I wouldn't shoot one that had a collar with a name tag on it.

Nice shots btw.

My cats have no fleas, ergo, they wear no collars. There's a lot of perfectly repectable and totally harmless pets that roam our neighborhoods and don't wear your requisite collars. If the law doesn't require them, where the F*ck do you get off demanding them? If the law offends you change it, meanwhile, if you try discharging firearm within my village limits I will personally see to it you get a visit from our State Police, and that involves jail time, m'laddie.

Animal Control is a task that is handled by paid professionals. Presuming you can encroach on their responsibility will earn you time in the slammer where I live; and I'll be happy, nay eager, to help make that happen. I damn near never call the Coppers, but when I do, I make damned sure I've got pictures. Somebody as stupid as you is bound to provide more than enough photo ops.

There are a lot of children in our village, some of the ones on my block are my own Grandchildren, and do NOT try to convince me you can guarantee that a stray miss endangers nobody, or that your skills are the exception that never generate a miss.

If you believe to absolutely MUST talk like an asshole, don't do it on this site. I've been reading this crap and viewing this tripe for going on four months, and minding my own knitting. Now it's my turn, and if you don't like the program, change the channel; better yet, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. If this stuff is the best you can offer, we don't need your kind around here. I don't mind disagreement, but mouthing off wiseass defiant in the face of reasoned and respectful viewpoints just doesn't cut it around here.

You've been a member of this site for around a whole 2 months; I've been for about the last decade. Believe me when I tell you, you not making friends and influencing people around here with your views. Were I you, I would be formulating my apology about now, not to me, but to your forum peers.

Enough!

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice shots btw.</div></div>I said it before, and I’ll say it again here: it’s not about cats; it’s about criminal behavior and an ignorant, immature and cavalier attitude toward killing that betrays a lack of credible experience in performing the task against anything other than a helpless victim and for any reason other than self-gratification and locker room laughs.

Such people are fools.

Occasionally, a few such people are also sophisticated operators, whose experiences in service of their country transcended the boundaries of what most of us would call 'normal'. I have seen them develop the same kinds of sociopathic symptoms. At the time I either removed them from the team, or someone else grounded them until they sought help with psychological reintegration.

This is silly. If the cat doesn't belong to some kid, it is just another predator. Morally, shooting a feral cat is no worse than shooting a coyote or bobcat. Cats kill for pleasure and entertainment. Anyone suggesting that hordes of feral cats contribute to the natural predator/prey relationships in nature is possibly misinformed. We are talking about domestic house cats. I can understand that Cat owners may not find the thread amusing.

Sorry about the misconception, but the taking of animal species in this country is, by and large, a closely regulated process. There is significant distinction between hunting game species and eradicating varmints, and the wholesale shooting of cats and dogs on sight.

They are not game animals, and people who see them as fair game are actively seeking indictment for felony animal cruelty charges. You like getting Buttf*cked by syphilitic violent sociopaths with lotsa body hair and IQ's below plant life? Good; you're on the right path.

We used to have wolves to keep the deer down, but folks with thought processes not all that different from yours prevailed and now we are finding ourselves overrun to overpopulations of sick and genetically challenged prey animals. We keep on doing things your way, and then it's the rodents. You <span style="font-style: italic">have</span> heard about the plagues of mice they have in Australia, haven't you?

Rail and disagree all you like, blathering your heroic exploits in the dubious vocation of unfettered kittycat extermination across these forums is no longer going to go uncriticized and unopposed. That's my promise to you. You can take it to the bank. You had your time, those days are over, now STFU and find another subject.

You don't like it; fine. I'm sure there are plenty of forums that will gaily join you in the celebration of your heroic exploits; I suggest YouTube.

This has nothing to do with Cats but it has everthing do with the Feral Animals that are let lose.

I brought this over from another Website

Ga. couple killed by pack of wild dogs near home
Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:28 AM EDT

LEXINGTON — Sherry Schweder worried about a group of mixed-breed dogs she saw wandering near her home, a pack that authorities say mauled her and her husband to death along a rural road in northeast Georgia.

The 65-year-old animal lover was taking an evening stroll last week when she was attacked by the feral dogs, authorities believe. Her husband, Lothar Schweder, a retired professor, fell victim to the pack when he went out looking for her.

A shredded piece of shirt, some strands of hair and bloodstained dirt were all that remained Tuesday where the couple was killed. Paramedics who came to the grisly scene Saturday morning found the suspected attackers standing guard. While it's unclear exactly what happened because there were no witnesses, officials have rounded up 16 dogs they believe were involved.

Schweder had told one of her sons that no one seemed to be caring for the dogs, said Jim Fullington, special agent for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Experts say the attack is extremely rare — so rare "you are more likely to be killed by a bolt of lightning than by a dog," said Adam Goldfarb, a spokesman for the Humane Society of the United States.

The dogs didn't belong to anyone, but a man who owns a house at the end of the road had been feeding them, said Oglethorpe County sheriff's Capt. Shalon Huff. The man told authorities the dogs never behaved aggressively toward him, and he did not believe the dogs had killed the couple.

"Sometimes the pack mentality can play a role. One dog gets aroused and that revs up his buddies," Goldfarb said.

The dogs were aggressive toward authorities who rounded them up using traps and tranquilizers, Huff said. At one point, a group of them cornered two people against a vehicle. There were no signs the dogs were rabid, Huff said.

Authorities believe Sherry Schweder went for an evening walk near her home on Friday, perhaps looking for one of her own dogs that had been missing for about a month.

At some point, Schweder was attacked. Preliminary autopsy results showed she died from animal bites.

Authorities believe Lothar Schweder, 77, later went looking for her in his car and came across his wife's body. There were signs of a scuffle, several shoe prints and what appeared to be paw prints in the mud, authorities said.

He may have tried to pull out his cell phone before he succumbed to the attack, Madison County Coroner James Mathews said. Autopsy results show Lothar Schweder also died of injuries from multiple animal bites.

A group of Jehovah's Witnesses walking in the same area discovered the bodies Saturday morning and called police. Four days later, a faint unpleasant smell still hung in the air.

There have been at least 20 deadly dog attacks in the U.S. this year, 22 in 2008 and 33 in 2007, said the Humane Society's Goldfarb, compared with about 75 million owned dogs. The National Weather Service says there were 27 lightning deaths so far this year, 28 in 2008 and 45 in 2007.

Dogs that attack also typically are not spayed or neutered, which can contribute to aggression, Goldfarb said. The dogs in the attack are not believed to have been sterilized.

With a voice that wavered at times, one of the couple's sons, Mark Schweder, described his parents as "kind people who lived a simple life out here."

He said his parents had divorced and his father moved to Kansas, where the elder Schweder ran the library and worked in public relations for a state penitentiary.

But after retiring in 2001, Lothar Schweder moved back to Athens to woo his ex-wife back.

"They always loved each other. My dad pursued, pursued and finally scored again," his son said with a smile.

His mother worked as a bibliographer at the University of Georgia's library. In the early 1970s, his father was a German and philosophy professor at the school, the son said.

Mark Schweder, who lives in Aiken, S.C., said his parents, especially his mother, were animal lovers. He also said he did not want charges to be brought against the man who fed the dogs.

"It's just a horrible accident," Mark Schweder said.

By Tuesday evening, 11 dogs and 5 puppies had been taken to the Madison-Oglethorpe animal shelter, where the staff was beginning court-ordered euthanizations.

Authorities were still trying to catch two other dogs seen in the area. Meanwhile, the shelter has been asked to look for homes for the Schweders' 20 cats and seven dogs.

http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2009/08/18/3164345-ga-couple-killed-by-pack-of-wild-dogs-near-home

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would someone please post a link to the various laws that dictate the taking of feral cats is illegal? </div></div>Mike, I know that you are smarter than that. Those links, for the most part, don't exist because the domestic cat is not a game species. In most states the laws that apply directly to cats, and dogs, in addition to the possible illegal firearms usage that accompanies the crime, are statutes that make it illegal to harm domestic animals - the so-called animal cruelty statutes.

In Michigan, harming a domestic animal is punishable by either a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the nature of the offense. And I have never seen a court put the animal on the stand to ask it whether it was properly owned and licensed at the time of the crime.

To establish the rule you are asking for is more accurately done by researching the exceptions: Here, if a dog is within a certain distance of a commercial operation that raises caged fur-bearing animals, and the dog displays violent behavior toward those animals like baring its teeth, then the dog can be legally killed. Otherwise, zoning and location is not relevant. Shoot a stray dog, or cat, even outside the city limits, and go to jail. I'll even help make that happen.

Now, if you kill a wild dog or cat that attacks you, that's different. There are two types of defenses to crimes: Justification defenses and Exculpatory defenses. The killing is justified when the law says you did the right thing under the circumstances. The killing is excused when you could have been held criminally liable but for the fact that you have a valid defense - like self-defense to an animal attack.

And 858's disrespectful post toward Greg (that appears to have mysteriously vanished after I posted this) doesn't deserve a response, except to say that personal attacks - as well as being an indicator of maturity level - are unhelpful except as evidence against the writer and not permitted according the rules of this board.

A pack of roaming dogs is a bit different than feral cats, like sharks you kill the ones that are problems, not every shark in the ocean over one death. If the feral cats are causing a legitimate problem than your animal control folks will take care of them; however, they are more likely doing you a favor like the ones where I live, by killing rodents. Then again, I personally don't see the point in shooting that which you do not eat (outside of land owners protecting their livestock) as natural selection does a pretty good job at balancing animal populations.

Anyway, go get 'em Greg, I agree even as a newb to this sight for what its worth, I don't believe this sort of crap belongs here. Lets see pics of a good game hunt instead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would someone please post a link to the various laws that dictate the taking of feral cats is illegal? </div></div>Mike, I know that you are smarter than that. Those links, for the most part, don't exist because the domestic cat is not a game species. In most states the laws that apply directly to cats, and dogs, in addition to the possible illegal firearms usage that accompanies the crime, are statutes that make it illegal to harm domestic animals - the so-called animal cruelty statutes.

In Michigan, harming a domestic animal is punishable by either a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the nature of the offense. And I have never seen a court put the animal on the stand to ask it whether it was properly owned and licensed at the time of the crime.

To establish the rule you are asking for is more accurately done by researching the exceptions: Here, if a dog is within a certain distance of a commercial operation that raises caged fur-bearing animals, and the dog displays violent behavior toward those animals like baring its teeth, then the dog can be legally killed. Otherwise, zoning and location is not relevant. Shoot a stray dog, or cat, even outside the city limits, and go to jail. I'll even help make that happen.

Now, if you kill a wild dog or cat that attacks you, that's different. There are two types of defenses to crimes: Justification defenses and Exculpatory defenses. The killing is justified when the law says you did the right thing under the circumstances. The killing is excused when you could have been held criminally liable but for the fact that you have a valid defense - like self-defense to an animal attack.

And 858's disrespectful post toward Greg (that appears to have mysteriously vanished after I posted this) doesn't deserve a response, except to say that personal attacks - as well as being an indicator of maturity level - are unhelpful except as evidence against the writer and not permitted according the rules of this board. </div></div>

<YAWN> You're a bit outnumbered in this thread. Not only do you not have a legal standing you don't have a moral standing either. A feral cat is a nuisance and damages the environment. Save your moral outrage for someone who is fooled by your emotional attachment to destructive foreign species. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

You obviously haven't figured it out but the pictures of those cats have been floating around the errornet for some time. They get the same reactions from the same type of people every time. Good job, you and Greg are both whiny old hens.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would someone please post a link to the various laws that dictate the taking of feral cats is illegal? </div></div>Mike, I know that you are smarter than that. Those links, for the most part, don't exist because the domestic cat is not a game species. In most states the laws that apply directly to cats, and dogs, in addition to the possible illegal firearms usage that accompanies the crime, are statutes that make it illegal to harm domestic animals - the so-called animal cruelty statutes.

And 858's disrespectful post toward Greg (that appears to have mysteriously vanished after I posted this) doesn't deserve a response, except to say that personal attacks - as well as being an indicator of maturity level - are unhelpful except as evidence against the writer and not permitted according the rules of this board. </div></div>

<YAWN> You're a bit outnumbered in this thread. Not only do you not have a legal standing you don't have a moral standing either. A feral cat is a nuisance and damages the environment. Save your moral outrage for someone who is fooled by your emotional attachment to destructive foreign species. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

You obviously haven't figured it out but the pictures of those cats have been floating around the errornet for some time. They get the same reactions from the same type of people every time. Good job, you and Greg are both whiny old hens.

</div></div>

Gentlemen,
Lets change the subject to neighborhood stray dogs and head shots.
A picture of someones Golden Retriever, beagle, or rot,might change the the mood a little. I have a few stray dogs that wander around, so if I shoot them, its OK???? It must be if shooting cats is fine. I don't see farel cats killing someone walking down their street, packs of dogs are different.
I see too many news stories of people being mauled by dogs, not farel cats.

It's time to end this thread.

Stray Cats are classified as "Predators" under State Law in my AO.

Furthermore under City Ord's here "animals at large are a public nuisance and deleterious to the health and safety of the people"

I do know I get real tired of the scratch's on my hood and fenders.For some reason with the high volume of stray or outdoor cats around here like to sit up on hoods and roofs of cars.

This is a funny thread and nothing is funnier than genuine mouth breathing moral indignation. Feral cats are predators and I salute the 'cat snipers' for a job well done.

This is a funny thread and nothing is funnier than genuine mouth breathing moral indignation. Feral cats are predators and I salute the 'cat snipers' for a job well done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would someone please post a link to the various laws that dictate the taking of feral cats is illegal? </div></div>Mike, I know that you are smarter than that. Those links, for the most part, don't exist because the domestic cat is not a game species. In most states the laws that apply directly to cats, and dogs, in addition to the possible illegal firearms usage that accompanies the crime, are statutes that make it illegal to harm domestic animals - the so-called animal cruelty statutes.

</div></div> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck a cat. </div></div>

This sums it up better than anything else ever posted. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">War is hell, when your AO is overrun there is nothing left to do but fix bayonets, look them in the eye, and charge!

55mjgh.jpg

Who's it gonna be, men, them or you?

grin.gif
</div></div>

I don't give a shit if someone shoots a feral cat but I don't see the need to take creepy photos like this with the corpses. It's juvenile and weird. I'm all for the thrill and excitement that comes with hunting and the fun of shooting but when you take weird pictures like this, or the one with the dead cat on the machine gun, it just makes you look like a creepy serial killer or something.

And I'm not really offended by the weird pose pictures, I don't really care, I just think it reflects poorly on the hunting culture. It makes hunters look like nutjobs. I just don't think it's funny, it's creepy.

Who says it has to be done with a gun??? This damage was done with my Bowtech and a Rage 2 blade broadhead at 27yards! I hate these fucking cats busting up my deer hunting!
2el6004.jpg

I know this is an OLD Thread but WTF is that photo of???

we were instructed by the game wardens out here if not in a farm yard and in the country cats are to be dispatched of. They play hell on the Chinese chicken population.

Well I'll say the feral cats around here are free to roam only because I haven't seen a chipmunk yet this year. These little fuckers have tore up my house!

By looking for the "newer" Head Shot Weds Thread... Their used to be a bunch of great deer/pig head shots. I like a clean kill...

Hell, on my folks farm we had an old tom cat (wild) who kept waking me up...
I caught his ass off in the hay field at 50 yds with an old scoped 30-30. knocked a hole in him broad side & he flipped up in the air ..ran off??
I seen him a couple of times over the next 3 or 4 days, then I had to fish him out from under the back side of the barn (finally dead).
tough sombitch.
I've never seen anything like it. hole straight through & it took him a while to die.
I tried to put him out of his misery but for some odd reason I never could get an opportunity for another shot.

on the other hand, wild dogs are much easier targets.

Not crazy bullshit. Just weirdshit.
At least it was quiet at night again.

Last edited:
Few years ago a friend of mine who lives on a farm had a really old/sick cat he wanted me to put down. Told me to do it while his daughter was away and to bury it deep enough so the coyotes wouldn't dig it up. The 30-06 caused the cat to do a triple backflip... never felt a thing.

There's a feral cat that comes around occasionally. Last time he was around he royally fucked up my sister's dog. Next time I see him, I'm laying down a lead buffet...