• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Feral cats and head shots

Re: Feral cats and head shots

this is the best thread ever, just wish I had taken pics. A freind and I went to a gentlemens club one night and he just so happened to have his .22 w/cb's. It was all I could do to get him away from the truck and in the club. It was another freind of ours bachalor party about six years ago and the only thing that we still talk about was all those ferral cats. I know there were at least five that took the dirtnap and 50 more running around.

Only good cat is a dead cat.
Especially if Hilliary is holdin it.

308Panther

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
however, in this day and age, picture hilliary or whomever wielding a picture of "fluffy" with a bayonet and an ak47 stuck it. not a good image in the publics eye. and especially on a forum that shooting is king, and on a section that deals with hunting. <span style="font-weight: bold">gives more fuel to the anti-gun / anti-hunter crowd </span> and the idea that people that hunt and have assualt weapons or guns are going to come to your house and kill your pets. this is how they think, and how we make ourselves our own worst enemy. what's next week, beheaded poodles and electricuted parrots?
</div></div>

Do you really think there is someone out there that is thinking, I am kinda on the fence here, I almost don't like guns... oh shit, a pet cat that has been bayonetted, that is it, now I am truely anti-gun, we have got to do something about this. They don't need any more fuel on their fire, the fact that you are wiling to kill a deer and put it on your wall and take manly trophy pictures of it are the same thing to those people. The only difference between what is shown here and other hunting pictures is a line you have drawn in your mind personally. All saying this is what makes the anti-gunners mad, is that it now creates a division between people who believe the same thing, that guns and hunting are a right. If you believe that feral cats should be killed, what is the difference between these pictures and ones showing armadillos, rabbits, gophers, prarie dogs, coyotes? Is anyone eating coyotes out there?

Dave

Re: The only good cats in town

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have to kill them before they kill you. Self defense!
laugh.gif

</div></div>

You're a sick fawker and I love it!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bushmaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One small detail thet yall forgot is the fact that cats love pissing on/in your truck. No sweeter redemption than puttin a pissing kitty down for a dirtnap. </div></div>

Amen

I capped one that fancied my truck and scratching the paint in the process. I looked him in the eye one day and told him I'd kill him if he ever got on my vehicle again. Sure enough a month later I come out the house and there he is cleaning himself on the hood. I walk back inside grab 22, walk back out and cap him.

When I moved into a neighborhood another cat had the same problem except he listened to me. He's still alive

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">truth of the matter is there are people that think like that.....never mind i quit..... </div></div>

And there are people who think we staged the moon landing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">War is hell, when your AO is overrun there is nothing left to do but fix bayonets, look them in the eye, and charge!

55mjgh.jpg

Who's it gonna be, men, them or you?

grin.gif
</div></div>

African%20infantryman%20of%20the%20year%20Liberian%20militias%20African%20militias%20AK%2047%201.JPG

It appears a small group of Liberian Rebel Fighters have found their way to the coast of Oregon.

OK, there is a serious redneck joke in this thread just waiting to be made up.

"if getting <span style="text-decoration: underline">pussy</span> on a friday night involves your ruger .22 pistol, and a fake plastic mouse, you just might be a redneck

Do it for the sea otters.

"Scientists and researchers have recently discovered a correlation between Toxoplasma gondii and the decrease in the sea otter population off the California Coast. Since cats are the only creatures that shed the T. gondii parasite, through their feces, there seems to be a direct link. Although other causes are also suspect, researchers from UC Davis, in a study of otters who habitated areas near freshwater runoff, found that 42% of live otters and 62% of dead otters tested positive for T gondii."

http://cats.about.com/cs/parasiticdisease/a/seaotters.htm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtv3062</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do it for the sea otters.

"Scientists and researchers have recently discovered a correlation between Toxoplasma gondii and the decrease in the sea otter population off the California Coast. Since cats are the only creatures that shed the T. gondii parasite, through their feces, there seems to be a direct link. Although other causes are also suspect, researchers from UC Davis, in a study of otters who habitated areas near freshwater runoff, found that 42% of live otters and 62% of dead otters tested positive for T gondii."

http://cats.about.com/cs/parasiticdisease/a/seaotters.htm

</div></div>

I'm pretty sure whoever 858 turned off to guns, jtv3062 just got back.

Who says it has to be done with a gun??? This damage was done with my Bowtech and a Rage 2 blade broadhead at 27yards! I hate these fucking cats busting up my deer hunting!
2el6004.jpg

Those cats you have look like pets i wish i had pics of the ones that live here in the Australian Bush they are big bastards and the tom cats are as big as medium dogs and realy nasty i know one that took 3 125gr 357mag hollow points to shut it up naughty kitty they just explode with a 243 or 6mmBR with a projectile hitting them over 3400fps.

Here in Australia they are one of the bigest problems as the native animals here are only used to Dingo's as predators so they do not have any defencies against the feral cats as the cats climb trees they wipe out the birdlife and the go underground into areas that other native animals use for shelter in some areas nearly all small animals are wiped out. If we see one out while shootinf no bell or over 10m past the farmers gate it is dead.

A realy good load is also a 308 loaded with speer 130gr Hollow points it gust and skins them in one go.

As for eating them they are riddled with paracites and not good for you but in some areas because the other small game has been eaten by them the Aboriginals are eating them they think putty tat is a fancy meal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Feral cats are a nuisance comparable to coyotes and feral hogs, but some people get butthurt just because they are common pets and some find them to be desirable. </div></div>

But people own rattle snakes as pets as well! I know I shouldn't hurt the friendly little fellas but..... haha

ewoaf, tell that vet that the dogs in New Orleans liked the taste of human. I saw it with my own eyes. Maybe dogs just dont like Asian food.

Feral cats are a genuine concern to any farmer, as mentioned earlier in the thread. Their feces (which they seem to prefer burying in barn stalls and gardens) are a breeding ground for rhino-virus which can be devastating to livestock, particularly horses. Uncontrolled populations and inbreeding create diseases that can afflict humans. It may be viewed as brutal, but it is conservation and wildlife management.

The posing and photos are probably pushing the envelope for most. Taxidermy might be a better long term way to enjoy the trophy indefinitely. Classy, respectful, and if done correctly will bring hours of enjoyment not to mention impress your friends and family.

On a side note my best shot at a feral cat was about 360 yards, in a freshly bailed hayfield, with a 22-250 Remington. The white Persian Long Hair (yes it was a feral cat), offered excellent visual contrast through the scope.

The rest I have taken much closer as I’ve had better luck with baiting them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
however, in this day and age, picture hilliary or whomever wielding a picture of "fluffy" with a bayonet and an ak47 stuck it. not a good image in the publics eye. and especially on a forum that shooting is king, and on a section that deals with hunting. <span style="font-weight: bold">gives more fuel to the anti-gun / anti-hunter crowd </span> and the idea that people that hunt and have assualt weapons or guns are going to come to your house and kill your pets. this is how they think, and how we make ourselves our own worst enemy. what's next week, beheaded poodles and electricuted parrots?
</div></div>

Do you really think there is someone out there that is thinking, I am kinda on the fence here, I almost don't like guns... oh shit, a pet cat that has been bayonetted, that is it, now I am truely anti-gun, we have got to do something about this. They don't need any more fuel on their fire, the fact that you are wiling to kill a deer and put it on your wall and take manly trophy pictures of it are the same thing to those people. The only difference between what is shown here and other hunting pictures is a line you have drawn in your mind personally. All saying this is what makes the anti-gunners mad, is that it now creates a division between people who believe the same thing, that guns and hunting are a right. If you believe that feral cats should be killed, what is the difference between these pictures and ones showing armadillos, rabbits, gophers, prarie dogs, coyotes? Is anyone eating coyotes out there?

Dave </div></div>

On the Money... all libs think alike, that is they don't think, they feel, and to them killing animals is wrong, DD exatly right.

love the pics but dont know if my wife is mad about the pics or at me laughing about the pics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Harold Dale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Killing cats,give me a break! </div></div>

You take a break, I'll shoot the cats. How about some lemonade?

We kill every cat we see in the country they put a hurting on the birds. Just got 2 yesterday they really explose when hit with 165 sst's

My granddad turned me on to this sport at an early age. He was one cold blooded man when there was a cat in the barn.

great thread... a couple years ago you could find yourself band from the hide for posting the pictures... atleast close the thread...
I think I'm going home early today... neighbors cats are bothering me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The posing and photos are probably pushing the envelope for most. Taxidermy might be a better long term way to enjoy the trophy indefinitely. Classy, respectful, and if done correctly will bring hours of enjoyment not to mention impress your friends and family.

The white Persian Long Hair (yes it was a feral cat), offered excellent visual contrast through the scope.

</div></div>

Fret,

That is so F...ing funny dude! I'm just sitting here laughing my head-off!

-Pat

I havent seen so much bloody pussy since I interned at an OBGYN's!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is the kinda crap that gives rifle shooter's a bad name....yeah i've bagged my share of pussy also but displying this out here on this site and puttin pictures like this out here is pretty shamefull as it gives the anti hunters / shooters, and PETA more ammo to use. i'm actually embarrassed by this........ </div></div>

Ahhhhhh. Dear Lord, why does there have to be people like this in the world?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STRICK9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the end all animals must be wisely managed, marinated and grilled. Anyone ever eaten a cat? Looks like they would skin out easy. </div></div>

Cat is dark meat, like a raccoon. It tastes similar and if prepared in the same fashion as coon most people won't be able to tell the difference. I heard a story once about a group of gentlemen who were presented a meal of coon and after they had eaten they were discussing the anthropometrics of the skull (which was still attached to the cooked animal) and they realized the help had fed them a cat instead of a coon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kardelsharpeye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am really like cats but I do not shoot them. I will shoot if they will bite me. </div></div>

WTF?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwfrazier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My granddad turned me on to this sport at an early age. He was one cold blooded man when there was a cat in the barn. </div></div>
I hear ya. Them old guys could be stone cold.
My Gran Daddy would sit gravy out on the back porch and brain cats with a stick.
I'm still traumatized over him "processing" goats. (shiver)
Saved ammo on them too!

So does the same hold true for wild dogs? Left in the wild they will attack humans as a pack and stray dogs defecating on my yard leaves a dead patch of grass.....

Food for thought....

"Murderers … very often start out by killing and torturing animals as kids,” according to Robert K. Ressler, who developed profiles of serial killers for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Studies have now convinced sociologists, lawmakers, and the courts that acts of cruelty toward animals deserve our attention. They can be the first sign of a violent pathology that includes human victims.

This should get the thread going again.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasRedNeck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So does the same hold true for wild dogs? Left in the wild they will attack humans as a pack and stray dogs defecating on my yard leaves a dead patch of grass.....

</div></div>

Absolutely! If you've ever happened up on a pack of dogs tugging on a calf that's half way out of the cow, it tends to change your perspective.
I love my dogs and won't mistreat anyone else's but that's money out of our pocket.
As far as the grass....my neighbors evil little yapper poos in the exact same spot in my yard every morning then scratches off in it. Then acts like he's gonna eat me alive when I go get my mail.
But,
The neighbor's a good guy, the dog ain't never bit me and I'd hate to create a problem where there ain't one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasRedNeck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So does the same hold true for wild dogs? Left in the wild they will attack humans as a pack and stray dogs defecating on my yard leaves a dead patch of grass.....

Food for thought....

"Murderers … very often start out by killing and torturing animals as kids,” according to Robert K. Ressler, who developed profiles of serial killers for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Studies have now convinced sociologists, lawmakers, and the courts that acts of cruelty toward animals deserve our attention. They can be the first sign of a violent pathology that includes human victims.

This should get the thread going again..... </div></div>

There's a difference between shooting a feral cat or wild dog or boar and trapping it and torturing it. Such acts like what made the news in Atlanta about 2 years ago (two teenage boys tied up a puppy and put it in an oven or a grill to cook it alive)

Now THAT is some F'd up stuff, shooting the feral animals that are causing damage to someone as fodder for being a serial killer.

Another thing, everyone who has an accident from being DUI was drinking. Very few people that have had a recent drink or make a habit of drinking cause accidents being responsible about it. Same holds true with gun possesion, boating accidents and **gasp** shooting P-dogs.

Just because someone shoots a woodchuck when they're 13 doesn't mean they're going to be the next Ted Bundy.

This is the best thread I have seen yet!!! I may have some to add tomorrow...LOL!!

Food for thought....

"Murderers &#133; very often start out by killing and torturing animals as kids,&#148; according to Robert K. Ressler, who developed profiles of serial killers for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Studies have now convinced sociologists, lawmakers, and the courts that acts of cruelty toward animals deserve our attention. They can be the first sign of a violent pathology that includes human victims.

This should get the thread going again.....</div></div>

fuckin A
every human being has the potential to kill another human, even several, its even ok to think about it.
sane people do everyday.

some people who are "wired wrong" may have these same these thoughts, the difference is they act them out.

Re: Feral Cats

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet. </div></div>

How true. In our society today, it is necessary for survival.

Animals act out of instinct, humans out of depravity and malice.

" Food "...for thought..
One mans Headshot, flippy-flopping, Cat thrill kill . Is another's, family Dinner for six .
128828663843953818.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Taxidermy might be a better long term way to enjoy the trophy indefinitely. Classy, respectful, and if done correctly will bring hours of enjoyment not to mention impress your friends and family.
</div></div>

I read this last night and I am still laughing about it today.

Funny stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dicky PunchCock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have to kill them before they kill you. Self defense!
laugh.gif

2d1pziw.jpg

2iiegsy.jpg

smplw3.jpg

axfxhe.jpg

ok7tck.jpg

sguatf.jpg

sdmvtc.jpg
</div></div>

I was fuckin laughin so hard I almost had to hit an oxygen tank!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: softcock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">" Food "...for thought..
One mans Headshot, flippy-flopping, Cat thrill kill . Is another's, family Dinner for six .
128828663843953818.jpg

. </div></div>

I saw a show on tv one night that actually compared Coon, Dog, and Cat as food sources. Strange. Cat was higher in protein, but way too lean and stringy..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">War is hell, when your AO is overrun there is nothing left to do but fix bayonets, look them in the eye, and charge!

55mjgh.jpg

grin.gif
</div></div>

That's sick!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this is the kinda crap that gives rifle shooter's a bad name....yeah i've bagged my share of pussy also but displying this out here on this site and puttin pictures like this out here is pretty shamefull as it gives the anti hunters / shooters, and PETA more ammo to use. i'm actually embarrassed by this........ </div></div>

You're entitled to your opinion but don't call me when your position is overrun by the feline hoards.

24chzdh.jpg

sc3nnn.jpg

</div></div>

That's twisted man, funny, but really twisted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniperghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">War is hell, when your AO is overrun there is nothing left to do but fix bayonets, look them in the eye, and charge!

55mjgh.jpg

grin.gif
</div></div>

That's sick! </div></div>

Totally, PBR is ten times better!

Exfoliated may have some psychological issues that need to be resolved. However, this thread is funny as hell.