• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes FFP and Horus Reticle

Yes they are ... FFP. I posted the picture they don't cover near as much of the FOV as the scope which blocks everything. I posted a pic, it is night and day from a scope.

You shoot in the desert, try shooting in grass or woods and see how well it works... it doesn't.

You like it, great go use and have a nice day. The Majority don't like it, and First Impressions are Telling... there is a reason so many people who looks at it OBJECTIVELY think it is too busy. That initial impression doesn't lie and you will find most who were talked into using it will move away from it after a certain point. Very few stick with it. 10 years+ i have been around it and I have 10 years + of history to back up my points.

AS I STATED ABOVE --- One Off Fans need not apply, we get it you're invested it in and want the world to know you like it. Good for you. Enjoy your reticle, the club you belong too will always be exclusive with limited membership. That should appeal to you.

I must give credit where credit is due, you sir have absolutely mastered the art of the backhanded compliment and for that I salute you. :)

If the majority don't like it why is it, here on your own site, that when optics with Horus reticles come up for sale they usually sell in a matter of hours if not sooner?

I think it's evident you have history ( and a hard on for it )with it by why not concede that despite your history and opinion of the reticle that for the general shooting community, this reticle continues to be quiet well liked and used?
If it wasnt, they wouldn't keep building and selling scopes with them as an option now would they?

LOL i seen the first photo and knew that had to be russia
do the reticle marks cover up 10 cm @ 1000 m , is your target covered by the reticle when aiming
i am considering buying a horus reticle on a 30x scope but am concerned that it will be to busy and hash marks to thick @ 30 x
i have a s&b 50x and a march scope 80x
unless its a must i shoot at between 40x and 70x and expect that i will use the 30x @ max power . would you recommend the reticle and how would you improve it and if you can go back in time to play a different reticle what would you choose instead . thanks

If the majority don't like it why is it, here on your own site, that when optics with Horus reticles come up for sale they usually sell in a matter of hours if not sooner?

I think it's evident you have history ( and a hard on for it )with it by why not concede that despite your history and opinion of the reticle that for the general shooting community, this reticle continues to be quiet well liked and used?

If it wasnt, they wouldn't keep building and selling scopes with them as an option now would they?
The majority of scopes sold by Bushnell are sold at Wal Mart in vacuum-packed packages which hang on a hook. That's no reason to recommend them over a DMR.

The Horus was designed as a hunting reticle. It was intended for use by the uninformed novice. People with little experience using a Mil-based reticle, like many military shooters, happen to like the cluttered reticle because it gives them a false sense of confidence. I used a Horus H25 for competition for a year. I liked it. I didn't need it, and I got ripped-off having to pay an extra $400 for a reticle that doesn't really do anything that any other reticle doesn't do, but I liked it anyway because the H25 was fun to use and because it had advantages over the next iteration of abominable flyswatters.

The history that some have with Horus is that after saying something bad about it the phonecalls start. I can't blame Horus for that, just their fanboys, but I can tell you that people in the loop say that the company is very aggressive in the military marketplace when and where it matters to them (form your own opinion on whether that is good or bad), while also being known for its poor customer service.

Whether the reticle is well-liked and well-used has never had anything to do with why Horus keeps building and selling either their reticles or their scopes. There are many reasons for that, but if you knew about the man or the company you wouldn't make that kind of blanket assumption.

Last edited:
I like the assumption that guys that are trying to squeeze out ever advantage they can get like using hot 6mms, long barrels, and custom actions and barrels to get every possible advantage are just using "preferences" when it comes to reticles and are somehow unwilling to use reticles that offer great advantages to the shooter. Right.....

I shoot and talk with a few guys on that list---and have shot with many. And trust me, they have been exposed to a magic wonder reticle that offers them some kind of advantage, they would use it. If you like the Horus, great----use it. But understand, it does nothing magical. Its more or less a gimmick.

20x works best you say ..... still looks cool though and for all practicality is probably best suited for multiple active/moving targets at 500-900 yards just out of reach of average infantry ,to be used with something fast and low recoil so you can always be on target like 6.5x47 lapua in a semiauto. maybe...

it covers the exact same amount of real estate regardless of the power. If it is too thick at 25x it is the same at 20x, 15x, 30x etc.

It's FFP, it doesn't get thinner or cover less. It covers the same, you just zoom out so you have a wider FOV.

OK.
IMPORTANT.
You do not shoot the center reticle Horus (central cross-hair) when you shoot HORUS you shoot removal
"removal methods" that is, using more subtle, taking into account wind amendments.
30x-"removal methods"-will work OK.
( This is just my opinion )

You likely won't like it at 30X.

My buddy has a FFP 5-25 mk4 with Horus.

At 25X the lines are too thick...but at 20X they aren't bad.

There's a target 5 mils down....3 left of center....1800yds away.
IMG_20130610_195928_402_zps260a40e8.jpg

It's FFP, it doesn't get thinner or cover less.-YES, 100%.

it covers the exact same amount of real estate regardless of the power. If it is too thick at 25x it is the same at 20x, 15x, 30x etc.

It's FFP, it doesn't get thinner or cover less. It covers the same, you just zoom out so you have a wider FOV.