• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes FFP Hunting scope options..

btstrohfus

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2017
I am now looking for the a proven FFP scope that is suitable for hunting applications with a street price under $1000. Weight i do not believe to be an issue so it can have a 34mm tube also. I would really like it to have a milling or Christmas tree style reticle,. Tactical turrets with a zero stop are a must, shouldn't need more than 20x magnification.. thanks

SWFA 5-20 HD has everything but zero stops. $1000 used, but not new.

Best combination of tracking, build quality, turrets, and glass quality you'll find in the price range. But if zero stop is a must, then it's out.

You seem to be describing the Burris XTR. It's not the same build quality or glass quality as the SWFA, but it's a nice scope if you stick with the 3-15 or 4-20.

Everybody is looking for that proven 34mm FFP scope that's suitable for hunting, with illuminated Xmas tree milling reticle, tactical turrets and zero stop with a street price of under $1k. If you find it let us know.

Thanks

There are a few Bushnell LRHS OR LRTS in the optics PX right now for around a grand. 4.5-18x44. Probably your best bet.

i have a pst gen2 5-25x50 ebr-2c ffp scope on order, but its back order i guess, have no idea actual ship time.. so im looking for perhaps a better choice than that.

The PST 2 5-25 is an excellent all-around scope. I don't think you'll do much better for $1k.

Save more money, wait for a sale, and get a S&B PMii 5-20x50 US. I'm sure everyone will think me crazy but i love my ultra shorts for hunting.

Last edited:
There are eleventeen topics on this right now and 100x that in the search. Please tell me you read all those and still have questions.

All of my hunting scopes are FFP tactical style scopes.

S&B PMII 5-25×56 on a 10.5# 6.5 SS
S&B PMII 3-20×50 on a 10# 7RM
Premier Heritage 5-25×56 on a 14# .300RUM
Premier Heritage Light Tactical 3-15×50 on a sub-9# .280AI
Kahles K624i Gen 3 6-24×56 on a 15# 6.5 SLR

A great FFP hunting scope would be a used Premier Heritage Light Tactical 3-15×50. Lightweight, freaking amazing glass in all aspects, perfect tracking, 12MIL worth of elevation is plenty for 1200-1600+ depending on your cartridge and bullet of choice in your hunting conditions.

Burris 4-20 XTR2 with Horus H591. I've got the 2.5-10 with SCR MOA and love the turrets, glass, and weight, but don't love the eye box on it. More I use it the more I wish I had more magnification on it for my purposes (hunting to 300, steel to 600).