• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Filing a Form 1

kyle528

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2012
ohio
Has anyone here filed a form 1 to build a suppressor? What I can gather from looking at the form is to build a firearm.. so how should it be filled out for a suppressor? I've read that things like overall length have to be made via educated guess or a technical drawing, but what happens if it gets spun up at a bit over or under the stated length on the form? Can a caliber be specified as 30 cal, but also be used on .223? Purpose for building? Anyone who has done this and can provide information and advice is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you think it will end up 8" then put 8.5 or 9 on the paperwork, just the opposite you would do with an sbr. You can make your f1 can shorter but you can't make it longer.

I'm not a lawyer.
As for caliber, many have 30 cal cans they use on smaller caliber hosts. That should be fine.
Purpose for making... "all legal purposes" should work.

Scott

What'd be the wait times for a form 1 if you started right now? I assume the atf is almost done with the pre 41f push?

What'd be the wait times for a form 1 if you started right now? I assume the atf is almost done with the pre 41f push?

http://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/
Looks like its right around 300 days for those with checks cashed last July, should be speeding up soon but theres no guarantee on that. If you were doing it now the only way to know how long it will take is to get in line and wait.

silencershop will soon or is now processing form 1s. If you have a kiosk nearby, it should be very easy.

scott

silencershop will soon or is now processing form 1s. If you have a kiosk nearby, it should be very easy.

scott

They are up and running processing form 1s. I had them complete 2 separate form 1s for SBRs yesterday, they had all my information from a prior purchase. The whole process took less than 10 minutes. Docs were signed via electronic signature. My trustees just followed email links to do the same. Cost was $35. Saved me all kinds of time trying to fill in the forms, make double sided copies, write checks, chase trustees for signatures and proof everything. Worth every penny to me.

They are up and running processing form 1s. I had them complete 2 separate form 1s for SBRs yesterday, they had all my information from a prior purchase. The whole process took less than 10 minutes. Docs were signed via electronic signature. My trustees just followed email links to do the same. Cost was $35. Saved me all kinds of time trying to fill in the forms, make double sided copies, write checks, chase trustees for signatures and proof everything. Worth every penny to me.

Awesome, I was going to ask them if they were going to process forms, and they are. Totally worth the fee... click click click, filed.

Scott