• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally, a school administrator gets it and arms his district's teachers...with miniature baseball bats. Wait, WTF?

kl3309

Pronouns: Stop & You're hurting me.
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2011
Defunded!
Screen_Shot_2018-04-11_at_4.26.11_PM_c91-0-2560-1440_s885x516.png

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/11/millcreek-township-school-district-arms-teachers-m/

If you live here, please, PLEASE, move.

Again.... making a mockery of student safety......

The fuck am I going to due with a bat... much less a miniature bat?

Arm police officer who guard DC with mini bats then I’ll take you seriously.

Stop putting lives at risk and let us carry the tools we need to defend ourselves

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
I'm not so sure I want to be quite this disparaging toward the bats. I think if that bat was aluminum with a 10 oz steel cap on the end, and I was on the inside of a locked door that you were trying to shoot your way through to kill me, your chance would of killing me before I stopped you would be no better than 50%. That 50% is with you guys probably knowing more about how to deploy a rifle than the average school shooter knows. You might think I'm full of shit, but by god when you stop to change mags you are gonna have a merge of your brain with my bat.

The bats have two advantages over guns. The administrator can pass them out today without waiting for permission from a politician and they will never have an AD.

I would not say the solution is perfect, but perfect solutions seem in short supply.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: Liberals are dumber than a fucking tree stump.

It needs the school logo so they know to keep it on top when they swing it.

What other uses are our beloved teachers going to find for them? I mean, everyone knows, a club wielding teacher is a kind and understanding teacher.

My ass!

Greg

Last edited:
It needs the school logo so they know to keep it on top when they swing it.

Maybe also an identifying embossed contact area, so injuries can be tracked to their actual source.

I've actually seen that in use back in the early 1960's in my own High School. The Brothers used slabs of shoe leather with mirror images of their initials cut into them, so that when the welts developed, they could proudly read their own handiwork. And yes, I wore such welts a fair number of times over the four years.

Nowadays the school's been closed, and the religious order was dissolved; with many of them serving jail sentences for practicing their abusive polices.

But our esteemed school administrator believes such toys have a place in the curriculum.

Greg

It's better than waiting under a desk to get shot. And, most importantly, it changes the mindset.

So, maybe just maybe, some teacher, or some principal, in a week or a month or so will be looking at his bat or his bucket of rocks and thinking about school security and some lunatic with a gun and say to himself .. heeeeeeyyyyy, what I need is a ....

Made'est thou look.

Thank you,
MrSmith

"You are no match for a guy with an AR15 if you only have a glock" (paraphrasing)

- that stupid cunt student from florida

This of of course another example for the left's quick fixes that completely miss the point like banning bump stocks.

A teacher who is appalled by the possibility of having to use violence to stop violence will not know or want to learn what to do with the bat or any other tool.

However, coupled with the right strategy and attitude any impact weapon or blade will dominate an encounter with a single rifleman in a structure. Especially a structure with cinder block walls providing not just concealment but actual cover.

This is one of those scenarios where you do not want to bring a single long gun to a knife or bat fight with people who have learned to fight for their life.

Those who have to enter these defended spaces for a living deploy grenades (frag, concussion, or flashbang) even as a team before their barrel goes past the doorframe.

Ironically they got something right. A small sufficiently heavy bat is actually the better tool for the defender than a full sized one. It frees up the other hand.

Last edited:
A small sufficiently heavy bat is actually the better tool for the defender than a full sized one. It frees up the other hand.

Like plugging the sucking chest wound you got as you were closing the distance between you and the shooter in your attempt to bop him on the head with your small, sufficiently heavy bat.

Reactions: mtrmn
Like plugging the sucking chest wound you got as you were closing the distance between you and the shooter in your attempt to bop him on the head with your small, sufficiently heavy bat.
Were are not going to have a Wild West showdown in the hallway. You, the shooter, has to enter rooms that may or may not have people in them. Some of those people may or may not have a bat or other non-firearm weapons and are prepared to defend themselves and others in the room. Walls are impenetrable.

I see you are somewhere near DC and I have to travel from NC to MD towards the end of the month. Please find a place convenient for you that offers Simunition training and has a Redman suit (rated for contact and simulated impact weapons) and let's see how this goes down. First scenario will have you acting like a teenage school shooter with no knowledge or regard for tactics. You are the big shot with the gun and everybody in the school is just a victim. Second scenario allows you to use any trick in your bag. Then, we change the roles (me shooter you batman) and repeat the scenarios. I predict the odds to be overwhelmingly against the shooter in both scenarios if we run this a couple of times but I am curious myself about the actual result.

You can ask anyone in the "business" and they will tell you that solo room clearing with a long gun is suicide. But let's have some fun and let's see for ourselves.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for someone to take one of those things, do some drilling, and turn it into a peace-pipe. Instead of feathers, they'll probably hand a few tie-dyed bandana's off it, for 'acceptance' purposes.

Their stupidity is a disease.

Just as a point of order, unless the CMU (block wall) is a fire wall there would only be solid grouted cells at intervals. 32”-48” on center as an example with limited ballistic protection. Fire wall and they are most likely solid grouted and you have some protection dependent on the rating required. Still better than stud frame either way you cut it.

Were are not going to have a Wild West showdown in the hallway. You, the shooter, has to enter rooms that may or may not have people in them. Some of those people may or may not have a bat or other non-firearm weapons and are prepared to defend themselves and others in the room. Walls are impenetrable.

Shoot-outs in open areas have been exactly how these things have been going down. A shooter is not interested in securing and holding the venue only in causing casualties. The only people having to enter (and clear) rooms is LE going in after the shooter.

And walls may be (somewhat) impenetrable but every school I've ever been in has a (glass) window in the door. Given enough ammunition, a shooter could fire through that window and be relatively effective in causing casualties just from the effect of ricochets.

I'm going to decline your invitation because I do enough of that shit every year (also, I predict playing cowboys and indians with you would be just plain tiresome). I will however, at my next in-service training, ask if the opposing force can be armed with rocks and bats and will report back as to how that plays out.

Last edited:
Shoot-outs in open areas have been exactly how these things have been going down. A shooter is not interested in securing and holding the venue only in causing casualties. The only people having to enter (and clear) rooms is LE going in after the shooter.

And walls may be (somewhat) impenetrable but every school I've ever been in has a (glass) window in the door. Given enough ammunition, a shooter could fire through that window and be relatively effective in causing casualties just from the effect of ricochets.

I'm going to decline your invitation because I do enough of that shit every year (also, I predict playing cowboys and indians with you would be just plain tiresome). I will however, at my next in-service training, ask if the opposing force can be armed with rocks and bats and will report back as to how that plays out.

I was honestly looking for an opportunity to learn and to have some fun.
Short of that, I would have preferred to have the invitation declined without the insult of predicting an interaction with me to be tiresome.

Let's just agree that randomly handing out mini bats to teachers is as stupid as randomly handing out rifles to teachers because both options ignore mindset and training. Guns, bats, knives, hammers, screwdrivers, etc. are just tools. The use of each tool must be mastered to reach the desired result and which tool trumps another tool depends on the context.

If I bring only a gun to a knife or bat fight at arms length, the odds are against my survival. Every additional foot of separation is in my favor. Ultimately, there is a point where the gun rules.

Obviously, I tried to keep our proposed exercise in a context where a long gun is not just a weak tool but can quickly become a liability. I would do the exact same if I were outgunned. I would try to create a context where the aggressor's tools are weaker than mine.

If we stop looking at this as a military engagement where we try to enter the fight with fire superiority but see it more as a chess game, then what we bring to the fight become less important than where, and when, and how we fight.

Why are our wars still ongoing against forces that are clearly outgunned by us. Largely because these bastards engage us when they have the strength and we are either distracted or weak. (A.K.A. asymmetric warfare).

When you find yourself in the middle of an attack at a school you got to think like these bastards. Instead of dreaming about having your M4 or calling in an airstrike, you need a strategy and tactics that make your tools superior to those of the bad guy.

I was just trying to demonstrate that even for a tiny bat there is a place where the bat rules over a rifle. If you get yourself in that place before being shot you will have dramatically increased your chance of survival.

Otherwise, I agree that the bat proposal is batshit crazy (pun intended).