• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Finally: Gen3 M845 Night Vision Rifle Scopes are Available!

clasky

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2010
USA
M845 Gen3 Red Dot Night vision Rifle Scopes

M845_Mk4_6_zps24334011.jpg

As many know, we first started selling the M845 Gen 2+ units several years ago. We were simply amazed at the performance of the initial units along with a 2MOA Red Dot was something to behold while shooting on the move. This scope remains the quickest NV scope we’ve used for shooting on the move along with being the most robust units with the housing consisting of machined aluminum and US made!.

During this time, many (and we mean many) have asked for a Gen 3 version of the M845. A whole bunch of you wanted a truly economical Gen 3 scope without breaking the bank. We listened intently and turned wishes into reality. TNVC is now releasing substantial qty’s of units with our name on them. You can be sure we paid attention to the details of these units and the QA that comes along with any gear we release.

These new Gen 3 units are utilizing L3 Commercial spec tubes. Awhile back, these systems got the reputation of being “the best bang for your resolution dollar”, and we sincerely believe the newest line up of Gen 3 M845’s will earn the same reputation.

M845_Mk4_1_zps39b7b1f5.jpg

The M845 Mk.4 is an individual weapon-mounted night vision sight designed for fast target acquisition and engagement. It combines a dedicated night sight with a red dot and a wide field of view. Particularly well-suited for close to intermediate targets, the boresighted red dot is superimposed over the target. The M845 includes Automatic Brightness Control.

The housing is high tensile metal and stands up to a lot of abuse in the field. Controls are large and easily actuated (even while wearing gloves). Operation is controlled with a simple On/Off knob with three positions for reticle brightness control (dim, medium, bright). The optic will accept several different mounting interfaces.

M845_Mk4_2_zps830e6e1d.jpg

The M845 Mk.4 2.8x is a low magnification Night Vision Rifle Scope. This awesome scope is a red dot night vision device that allows for extremely fast target acquisition especially because of the 2.8x magnification which offers a generous field of view. It utilizes a new production, U.S.-made Gen3 (L-3 Commercial Spec) Image Intensifier tube. The highly popular Gen2 version of this scope prompted a lot of customers to ask for a Gen3 version. Well, here it is. The crisp Gen3 resolution of these scopes provides generous detail for easy target acquisition. The M845 Mk.4 2.8x is one of the best options for the predator/ hog hunter. It is very intuitive, mounts to Milspec 1913 Picatinny rail, and features a robust, machined aluminum housing. Controls are simple: focus, diopter adjustment, and a single knob that controls power and red dot brightness. These are some of the best value night vision scopes on the market. And now, they are even better!

[span style='font-weight: bold;']
Export of Night Vision Equipment or related accessories (such as manuals) is strictly regulated by the US Department of State in accordance with the guidelines of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). It is a major crime to ship or carry US manufactured night vision devices outside the borders of the United States, punishable by fines and prison sentences. Ignorance of these regulations will not hold up in court. By purchasing night vision equipment from TNVC, you attest that you will not attempt to export or carry this night vision equipment outside the borders of the United States. Also, it illegal to allow a non-US Citizen to look through US Gen3 Night Vision Devices, even on US soil. Again, this is a crime punishable by fines and prison sentences.[/span]

Gen3 $2,550.00

Gen2+ $1,899.00

Last edited:
what is the mid range distances? I am interested in something to shoot coyotes at night anywhere from 50 to 200+ yards. is that possible with this scope?

I'll be getting some pics through the tube of the Gen3 scope this weekend.

Been along time lurker here with not much to contribute until now. Have been mulling over buying another NV scope for my son to use while we're hog/varmint hunting (really so that I can get a turn to use mine). I called TNVC a couple of days ago to inquire about the Gen3 M845. Got a call back from Vic this am. As has been stated here many times before he was very helpful. I placed an order for one. I will compare it to my D740 pinnacle and post my feelings.

Thanks Vic

Tom

Been along time lurker here with not much to contribute until now. Have been mulling over buying another NV scope for my son to use while we're hog/varmint hunting (really so that I can get a turn to use mine). I called TNVC a couple of days ago to inquire about the Gen3 M845. Got a call back from Vic this am. As has been stated here many times before he was very helpful. I placed an order for one. I will compare it to my D740 pinnacle and post my feelings.

Thanks Vic

Tom

Looking forward to your feedback Tom, as I am also considering a G3 M845 to augment my 740 Pinnacle.

Thanks Vic

Tom

Hi Tom, thank you for the order it was a pleasure talking with you. I think you will be very happy with this US Made Scope and tube. Built like a tank and we feel an incredible value for your dollar.

Vic

I think you will be happy, I had the gen2shp and the dot is small enough to do head shots out to 150, with a torch-pro I could ring the steel at 300

M845 gen 3 initial impressions:

Only got it out in the back greenbelt for a few minutes last eve. Without a side to side comparison I believe the Image quality is very close to my D740 pinnacle, may have a bit less edge to edge clarity and brightness, but then again I have an adjustable gain on the 740. Tube quality is pristine, not one dark spot in the tube. Color seems to be a bit more on the "green" side where the D740 has a bit more "yellow-green" tint if that makes any sense. Very simple to use and, as described, is built like a tank. QD mount leaves a bit to be desired but easy enough to adjust to my out of spec rail on the R25..... (if anyone knows of an aftermarket mount for this scope please let me know. I use a wilson Combat accurizer mount on my 740 and love it). I REALLY like the FOV and 2moa dot. So far VERY happy for what was invested. With shipping was $1400 less than my 740. Since 95% of my shots are well within 100 yds the 2.8x and 2moa dot should work fine.

My 2c

I plan to get out the D740, M845, and N550 for a side to side comparison (with an attempt @ pics) over the holiday weekend. This will be my first attempt at pics through the scopes so no guarantees....

TV

I hope this isn't a double post....tried to post earlire from taptalk but it didnt show up in the thread.....

First impressions of the G3 M845....

Was only able to get out in the backyard greenbelt for a few mins last eve. Without doing a side to side comparison with my D740 pinnacle the image quality of the M845 seems pretty close. Very clear with a bit less edge to edge clarity but not noticeable if looking over red dot. Tube quality is pristine....not one defect that I could find. Image Color is more "green" than the 740 which seems more "green-yellow" if that makes any sense. I really love the 2moa dot, simplicity of design, FOV, and as stated by Vic it appears to be built like a tank. The QD mount leaves a bit to be desired (if anyone knows of a quality aftermarket mount for this scope I would be interested....I Replaced the factory mount on my D740 with the Wilson combat accu rizer and i love it) but was easy enough to adjust to the out of spec rail on my R25. The 2.8x mag is a non issue for me since 95% of my night shooting is within 100yds....actually seems like a great compromise between magnification and FOV. Overall I'm VERY happy with the scope and for $1400 less than I spent on the D740 I think it is an excellent value.

I will spend some more time with it and get out the D740 and N550 for a side to side comparison .....will attempt some pics but no guarantees since I've never attempted through the scope pics.

Hope this is helpful,
Tom

TV

Whoops....guess it was a double post. At least I was fairly consistent...lol. Sorry

TV

Here is a 25 yard pic with some tree's and pole at 100 yards in the background.

PLEASE remember, the real eye pics through the tube always look better than through these camera shots! It was REAL dark out there with no moon and cloudy conditions during this shot.

Either way, these Gen 3 M845 are probably the best bang for your resolution dollar. Enjoy.

M845_Mk4_G3_25yds3_zpsc9a043e2.jpg

Vic

Edit, this image was NOT Photoshopped in ANY way except to crop and place our watermarks and copyrights to attempt to protect. We never alter the actual NV images, we never do business in this way....

Last edited:
That is an amazing picture through the scope. Not sure what you used, but I've tried an iPhone and it just doesn't work. I wanted one of the M845's a few months back. I asked and you guys couldn't get them at the time, so I went to B&H Photo, who had them listed, but out of stock. They informed me that Night Optics was coming out with something to replace it, called the NS-520. It is a similar scope, 2.8x mag, Gen 2+, but it has a mil-dot reticle. On a decently moon lit night, I have been able to easily see pigs at 250 yards. I could have shot from there, but I was shooting the 300 BLK, so I simply walked across the field straight up to them until I was less than 50 yards away before I unleashed hell. The scope does a terrific job and has no imperfections that I can tell. If I'm in the market for more NV in the future, I'll be getting one of these from you guys.

PS, can you tell me what differences there are between the Gen 2 M845 and the NS 520 I've got?

Here's a link:
Night Optics NS-520-2S 2.8x Generation 2+ High NS-520-2S B&H

Tom -

You'll want to take a tripod out afield with you, if you can fashion up a Weaver or Picantinny rail onto the tripod AND stabilize it then you can go hands free with some adjustability to the m845 while you operate the still camera with both hands.

Also if you have a HD video camera you can just video the image through the viewfinder - you might A) be surprised how well the image translates to an uploaded file and B) can always grab screen captures of the video file as your still image.

If you try to do this without a tripod or rigging to hold the m845 you will be disappointed in the image outcome.

You are talking about quite a bit of equipment to review - I commend your enthusiasm and willingness to share your results. Hopefully you can squeeze in some hunting opportunity.

I can tell you with the lunar phase ahead that you can leave the n550 in the bag if you don't plan to use illumination - my videos have plenty of dark jittery images of digital NV without illumination :)

Look forward to your field report!

BB

Well I did not get out to the lease this weekend as planned so I tried to get a couple of side by side pics comparing the D740 pinnacle and the M845 gen3. I experimented with various cameras that I have and surprisingly the best images I could obtain we're with my iPhone5. I don't have a HD video cam as Ben suggested but I did take his advice and used a very stable platform....I screwed a pic rail to a sawhorse. Conditions were clear, no clouds, no moon, no IR.

Fence is 30 yds away, hanging on the fence is a stuffed animal in a 5 gal bucket. First the D740:
enybyja6.jpg

M845:
uqahavah.jpg

When looking through the scopes the images are much more clear....the iPhone cam does not do them justice but, after many attempts, it is the best I could do. My hat is off to those like Ben and Vic who have put the time in to effectively review such equipment for our benefit....it is not an easy task to get representative images.

TV

You did pretty good! I have used several cameras and for some reason my iPhone does the best, even better than my Cannon 7D!? I'll get it figured out though and pass on whatever I learn. The M845 has got a nice picture, I kind of want one.

Please forgive my ignorance, are these automated?

Well I did not get out to the lease this weekend as planned so I tried to get a couple of side by side pics comparing the D740 pinnacle and the M845 gen3. I experimented with various cameras that I have and surprisingly the best images I could obtain we're with my iPhone5. I don't have a HD video cam as Ben suggested but I did take his advice and used a very stable platform....I screwed a pic rail to a sawhorse. Conditions were clear, no clouds, no moon, no IR.

Fence is 30 yds away, hanging on the fence is a stuffed animal in a 5 gal bucket. First the D740:
enybyja6.jpg

M845:
uqahavah.jpg

When looking through the scopes the images are much more clear....the iPhone cam does not do them justice but, after many attempts, it is the best I could do. My hat is off to those like Ben and Vic who have put the time in to effectively review such equipment for our benefit....it is not an easy task to get representative images.

TV

Thanks for the kind words! Indeed it's a real effort at times to get any NV through the tube pics to look decent instead of a Gen 1 device. :( I've been trying for years to get pics to show a true respectable image. Heck even Clasky the master of taking pics for the last few years pulls his hair out at times...You did a not so bad job yourself btw!

Ladies and Gents,

We have another batch just built up and now in stock. This have been selling very well and we knew they would based on the best Gen 3 price point for a dedicated NV rifle scope. I even got a Gen 3 for myself.. I've owned the Gen 2+ unit for a few years now.

Thanks for all the orders on these.

Vic

Took a pic of the M845 mounted on the R25 .308 Hoginator.
5aveheme.jpg

It's weight balances out the SDN6 quite well.

TV

Interesting thread as I'm trying to learn as much as possible about whats available for night hunting. I have a pulsar n 750 with a doubler, a an/pvs-4 and some cheap goggles, and a nd3 but I'm still looking for the best answer. My choice of rifles are a accurized mini 14 bullpup with a bedded barrel and adj gas port, a keltec rfb, a semi auto 280 remington, a colt ar with the 300 blackout upper and a 9 shot 11-87. When all the projects get caught up I will try some ak variants for 80 yd attempts. I have lost the grip in my left hand so the adjusting controls with my left hand is a challenge. Iread this thread but most of the pictures don't load, It's probably my crappy msn browser as I just upgraded it.

The good news is once the M845 is set (windage, elevation, dot brightness), you will be hard pressed to worry about any future adjustments while out in the field. It's a great scope for the money shots in your 80 yard requirement will be fast and simple. :)

Vic

We went out of stock a few days ago, but another batch is getting built up pronto!

It's great to see all the orders of these units, (THANK YOU!) I'm personally not surprised at all, these are TRULY the best bang for your resolution dollar bar none dedicated NV scope....And yes all safely placed on .308's with no issues.

Vic

Hopefully will have one of these to test in a couple of weeks. Getting tired of spotting yotes with the PS32 and then having them bolt when we light them up with the redlight to shoot them with an AR using a day time Nightforce scope....so, time to move to NV as we have big yote problem developing. Dang things are getting braver by the day...shooting them 50 yards off the back porch now. Those are easy, even with the redlight, but the longer distance shots we need to step up our game.

Hopefully will have one of these to test in a couple of weeks. Getting tired of spotting yotes with the PS32 and then having them bolt when we light them up with the redlight to shoot them with an AR using a day time Nightforce scope....so, time to move to NV as we have big yote problem developing. Dang things are getting braver by the day...shooting them 50 yards off the back porch now. Those are easy, even with the redlight, but the longer distance shots we need to step up our game.

that's the reason I went NV, spooky coyotes

seriously considering one of these. does anyone have any pics at slightly longer ranges like 100 and 150 yds?

CJG

Folks will really like whats coming next in the affordable dedicated weapon scope line up. We have much more coming and I mean MUCH more!!!

Vic

may be a dumb question but here in nj we can hunt predators at night with only a shotgun.

how well would this sight hold up to a 12ga semi running bb shells 2 3/4".

thank you

M845 Gen3 Red Dot Night vision Rifle Scopes

M845_Mk4_6_zps24334011.jpg

As many know, we first started selling the M845 Gen 2+ units several years ago. We were simply amazed at the performance of the initial units along with a 2MOA Red Dot was something to behold while shooting on the move. This scope remains the quickest NV scope we’ve used for shooting on the move along with being the most robust units with the housing consisting of machined aluminum and US made!.

During this time, many (and we mean many) have asked for a Gen 3 version of the M845. A whole bunch of you wanted a truly economical Gen 3 scope without breaking the bank. We listened intently and turned wishes into reality. TNVC is now releasing substantial qty’s of units with our name on them. You can be sure we paid attention to the details of these units and the QA that comes along with any gear we release.

These new Gen 3 units are utilizing L3 Commercial spec tubes. Awhile back, these systems got the reputation of being “the best bang for your resolution dollar”, and we sincerely believe the newest line up of Gen 3 M845’s will earn the same reputation.

M845_Mk4_1_zps39b7b1f5.jpg

The M845 Mk.4 is an individual weapon-mounted night vision sight designed for fast target acquisition and engagement. It combines a dedicated night sight with a red dot and a wide field of view. Particularly well-suited for close to intermediate targets, the boresighted red dot is superimposed over the target. The M845 includes Automatic Brightness Control.

The housing is high tensile metal and stands up to a lot of abuse in the field. Controls are large and easily actuated (even while wearing gloves). Operation is controlled with a simple On/Off knob with three positions for reticle brightness control (dim, medium, bright). The optic will accept several different mounting interfaces.

M845_Mk4_2_zps830e6e1d.jpg

The M845 Mk.4 2.8x is a low magnification Night Vision Rifle Scope. This awesome scope is a red dot night vision device that allows for extremely fast target acquisition especially because of the 2.8x magnification which offers a generous field of view. It utilizes a new production, U.S.-made Gen3 (L-3 Commercial Spec) Image Intensifier tube. The highly popular Gen2 version of this scope prompted a lot of customers to ask for a Gen3 version. Well, here it is. The crisp Gen3 resolution of these scopes provides generous detail for easy target acquisition. The M845 Mk.4 2.8x is one of the best options for the predator/ hog hunter. It is very intuitive, mounts to Milspec 1913 Picatinny rail, and features a robust, machined aluminum housing. Controls are simple: focus, diopter adjustment, and a single knob that controls power and red dot brightness. These are some of the best value night vision scopes on the market. And now, they are even better!

[span style='font-weight: bold;']
Export of Night Vision Equipment or related accessories (such as manuals) is strictly regulated by the US Department of State in accordance with the guidelines of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). It is a major crime to ship or carry US manufactured night vision devices outside the borders of the United States, punishable by fines and prison sentences. Ignorance of these regulations will not hold up in court. By purchasing night vision equipment from TNVC, you attest that you will not attempt to export or carry this night vision equipment outside the borders of the United States. Also, it illegal to allow a non-US Citizen to look through US Gen3 Night Vision Devices, even on US soil. Again, this is a crime punishable by fines and prison sentences.[/span]

Gen3 $2,550.00

Gen2+ $1,899.00

Had the gen3 on the list of things to buy when I got around to it. What exactly happened to the price though? Looks like a HUGE hike in price from 2,550 to 3,750 In under 6 months.

L3 stopped producing the Commercial spec tubes we used for these. Now only the L3 Mil Spec Omni 8's tubes are available for the Gen 3 systems.

Vic