• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Finally got it! (SAS 308)

ohiogunnut

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2008
Ohio, USA
Finally picked up my new can today (SAS 308). Very happy!

Started the paperwork and mailed the check in December, went pending 27 March, and they just mailed my stamp a week ago...

Specs are:
Armalite upper and Eagle lower
Eagle chrome/moly 24" T barrel
SWS E1 rail
Teppo Jutsu adjustable gas block
Knights low profile front sight
Troy rear sight
PRI gas buster charging handle
Tubbs carrier weight system and buffer spring
Geissele Automatics DMR trigger
Sierra precision grip
Magpul PRS stock with 1" LOP added
Badger 22MOA rail
Badger rings
USO 3-17x44 TPAL
Lasermax unimax green laser (just for fun)
Trijicon MRD on GG&G mount
Horus ASLI
GG&G bipod modified to lock at 45 degrees
Accushot PRS monopod
Blue Force Gear Vickers sling
SAS QD brake
SAS 308 stainless suppressor
TAD gear nomex suppressor cover

Gun is around 0.5 MOA shooting 155 Lapua Scenars over 45gr 4895 in Win brass

photo0028large.jpg

Re: Finally got it!

very nice rig, what red dot is that at the 1-2 o clock postion on the scope?

Re: Finally got it!

The trijicon micro red dot. Seems decent on battery life. Very glad to finally get this sucker complete. Have shot it in a couple of matches at TVP and did ok. I think once I get my drop chart 100% I'll be keeping up with the bolt's.

Re: Finally got it! (SAS 308)

Mailed in December!?
frown.gif

I mailed my stuff for my SAS 308 in early-mid March... was starting to get my hopes up. I guess I'll try to go back to just forgetting about it for a while.

Nice rig by the way.

Nice ride bro. Looks great. Range report to follow?

Looks good. Just ordered my SAS Ti today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice ride bro. Looks great. Range report to follow? </div></div>

Shoots sub MOA with 155gr Lapua scenars over 45gr 4895. Tried it in a couple of matches at TVP and did ok, just need to get my drop chart fine tuned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See you this weekend? </div></div>

Shot Saturday over at Tom's, so I don't think I'll be getting another kitchen pass so soon.
wink.gif
Will try and get back though in the next few weeks (drag Josh with me).

Extremely nice looking setup. How much does that entire setup (as pictured)weigh? Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirty Joe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Extremely nice looking setup. How much does that entire setup (as pictured)weigh? Thanks. </div></div>

Thank you for the compliments! Gun as pictured with a loaded 20 round magazine weighs in at 22lbs. Not very friendly for off-hand shooting...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice ride bro. Looks great. Range report to follow? </div></div>

After four trips to the range, finally found a good subsonic load: 150gr Hornady RN bullets over 10gr of Trailboss giving 1030fps and stable. My 1:11.25 barrel wouldn't work with 220RN's, 180's, or 168's and Trailboss... At 50 yards where I was working up the load, five rounds were grouping at around 1/2 an inch and were Hollywood quiet. I also found that they shot exactly 11 MOA below my normal zero for 155gr Scenars. Very fun!

Sounds like you going to have fun. Recommend you stock up on the primers and powder, sell the .22's and enjoy.

Thank you! It is a fun toy to play with, and kinda like legos for grown ups (example, three different bipods...).
smile.gif

photo0011large.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

Where ever you are shooting at, it looks like fun. Hills with grass. I can only wish for that. We always have fire restrictions where I live, so it is only the range that we can go to. Again, AWESOME job.

Ohiogunnut.. what part of ohio are you from.. Im from columbus and ive seen those pics before. unfortunately I wasnt able to make it to thunder valley the day you were there.