• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Finally...ordered an Atlas Bipod

6.5x61Super

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2009
Central Ohio
www.youtube.com
well...after gathering as much info on various bipods I finally ordered an Atlas V-8 Bipod.

I had narrowed my final list to either the Sinclair F-class, the Sinclair Tactical, and the Atlas V-8.

I was ready to pull the trigger on the Sinclair tactical up until last Wednesday at the TVP practice session. A fellow shooter had the Sinclair Tactical, and one thing he did not like was the amount of "play" in the bi-pod where the legs attached to the upper assembly.

That convinced me to go with the Atlas....now the wait...I spoke with BT&T Industries driving home from work today..the fellow said I could see it as soon as late August..maybe the 1st of September....apparently they have been having inventory issues..and hopefully their long lead times will be shortened.
ATLAS-2.jpg

Until then....I will continue to use my Harris Swivel with the T-nuts pod-lock attachment....

Re: Finally...ordered an Atlas Bipod

I hear the v8 is worth the wait. I have one on order too!

You will if you don't already have a pic rail to attach it to. Congrats on the purchase, you won't regret it.

Does anyone stock these or do you have to order and wait a month or so?

Pat

Nothing to say but good about the Atlas bipods and the people that work there. I have two versions and one of them is a V8 (6-half dozen both good). The folks at Accu-Shot are every busy and too my knowledge (slim at times) no one is distributing them yet.

Rumor has it that the reason they are busy is the demand at the pointy end of the spear is very high. The troops like'em.

Call'em up and give them a friendly nudge for a little quicker delivery.

fewenuff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do you have a single or dual front stud?</div></div>

dual studs....3" spacing...looks like the Seekins Precision is the one I will need..

If you must drill into your stock I did a how to in the gunsmith section

That Seeking SRS looks great! Will it work on the Atlas V8? You don't need to specify any particular height? It only comes in one height/thickness that will work on the Atlas V8? I'll be ordering the V8 and the quick detachment lever head. I'll get this Seeking SRS and have to screw it to my Steyr Pro Hunter stock.

I believe there will have to be a bushing put in to the stock for the other screw. The swivel stud already has a bushing in the stock, from what I can speculate. I'll have to call Steyr to find out from their gunsmith.

Thanks,

Driver

Follow up... just spoke to John at AD MFG and he states the seekins will fit the lever clamp that comes with the Atlas V8. I ordered the Atlas V8 with the lever clamp. Can't wait!

Check with Triad Tactical. Last intel showed the Atlas was in stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check with Triad Tactical. Last intel showed the Atlas was in stock. </div></div>

According to their website, all 3 models are currently sold out. Thank god I got my order in when I did. The reason for the long wait times is the military. AccuShot was just recently awarded a sizable contract so that pushed production back a couple months or so.

A lot of people complain about the wait times but personally I'm much more happy waiting knowing that 1. Our troops are being taken care of and 2. It must be pretty good if they want it.

Just off the phone with Shiloh at Seekins MFG. I ordered the Seekins SRS McMillan lug spacing (3"):

Seekins offers three versions of this picatinny rail:

1. The McMillan 3" lug spacing rail (which has 5 up sections and 6 down sections to the rail,
2. The Bell & Carlson 2.5" lug spacing rail, and
3. The HS Precision 2.0" lug spacing rail

srs.jpg

The LW17 quick release head on the Atlas V8 that I ordered through Accu-Shot is 1.5" long. I just spoke with American Defense Manufacturing for that dimension. I ordered the McMillan 3" lug spacing for flexibility in the future if I need it, since I'll have to drill my stock out for the other bolt anyway:

baa00b77d3f112e2355031fb51b79c94.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

What do you think of the Seekins rail? It looks like the best conceived of those listed, and I have been looking to standardize on rails so I can switch my not-yet-purchased Atlas between rifles. Right now I've got two McMillans and a B&C to outfit.

I'll let you know when I get my Seekins rail. It looks like the best setup for my tastes. I like the low profile and the sling attachment closer to the receiver so it doesn't interfere with the Atlas. I'll post photos when I get mine setup. Unfortunately, Accu-shot has quoted me 6-10 weeks delivery time on the Atlas V8. I am military and they offered me priority delivery but I asked not to be put in front of any operators who need the bipod in the sand box. Mine will be eye candy until I can get my new Schmidt & Bender 3-20x50 PMII which should arrive around June or July. Everything should be at the door at roughly the same time. Can't wait!

mg7844.jpg