• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First 85 rounds from my vudoo…. Kind of interesting…. To me

Klay23

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 27, 2021
    South Carolina
    After a long wait I finally received the vudoo I ordered back in January I think it was. Thought it would be interesting to keep track of shots and groups etc. almost all of these were from 50 yds except for the 2 groups at 100. They are all 5 round groups as well with various ammo. Group size is being measured from outside to outside minus .22”. Very happy with this vudoo. Need to shoot some more groups at 100. I zero’d it off one lot of Center X and otherwise have been simply holding center of target for everything. None of you may care but the information is interesting to me anyway, ha. Everything off of a bench over the last week. 3 different times out shooting also. This is literally every round threw this rifle so far other than the first 5 rds to get the scope on paper. I have had no issues or hang ups in any way so far.

Different ammo:

Center x, 2 different lots
    Sk standard plus
    Lapua Midas +
    Sk long range match

I’ve never been to or shot in any 22 comp so curious if this is good enough etc. I just shoot with a couple friends and can only compare it to that

Attachments

• E921D17F-4D3C-4D09-9A92-CC20EE3A5F92.jpeg
      E921D17F-4D3C-4D09-9A92-CC20EE3A5F92.jpeg
      568.8 KB · Views: 400
    • 62A78FBF-9CFE-42C9-9CCA-E4838DE2046C.jpeg
      62A78FBF-9CFE-42C9-9CCA-E4838DE2046C.jpeg
      587.1 KB · Views: 391
    • 06402800-2370-42C4-B279-2E9C9A2B95E1.jpeg
      06402800-2370-42C4-B279-2E9C9A2B95E1.jpeg
      558.4 KB · Views: 381
    • 1EC99ACE-F141-46CE-B395-BF1D85EAE6B2.jpeg
      1EC99ACE-F141-46CE-B395-BF1D85EAE6B2.jpeg
      503.2 KB · Views: 402
    Last edited:
    send it to lapua in mesa, AZ; they have a mount for it, and can test lots for you.
    they'll run your ammo, their ammo, through the tunnel; it's like the greatest thing since sliced bread.

and, there's no human error or wind. PURE information.

Reactions: lycokayaker
    send it to lapua in mesa, AZ; they have a mount for it, and can test lots for you.
    they'll run your ammo, their ammo, through the tunnel; it's like the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Ha. Wouldn’t mind doing that sometime. Don’t want to send it though, haha. I will miss shooting it 🤣

how much do they charge for that?

Did ANYBODY read the link?
    Mail me your rifle, I'll mail it to em :) - or see the link below

hint - it's here
    Ha, I did. But didn’t see the price. Google search says 50$. I could have missed it too though.

Your first link is different than your second link…. 😂

Back to the og topic…. Curious if these are decent groups? I have to admit they are “so far” better than my cz457 with lilja barrel. Cz has shot lots of good groups as well, but just seems to be less consistent. I do love the MPA chassis though and the magazines are much easier to use/seat/load etc. Sorry if this seems ridiculous. I have never shot in a competition or anything like that or seen one. I just shoot with a couple friends here and there and they seem good comparatively.

Last edited:
    Back to the og topic…. Curious if these are decent groups? I have to admit they are “so far” better than my cz457 with lilja barrel. Cz has shot lots of good groups as well, but just seems to be less consistent. I do love the MPA chassis though and the magazines are much easier to use/seat/load etc. Sorry if this seems ridiculous. I have never shot in a competition or anything like that or seen one. I just shoot with a couple friends here and there and they seem good comparatively.

When I was at the testing facility in AZ, I saw a few vudoo's that were grouping .2 and below. The 50 yd group looked almost like 1 hole. It was amazing.
    you are in the going in right direction with your .3.
    if you really really want to see what your rifle can do... send it
    edit - I saw your .135 ... I think you are there :); but I'd still send it. It's pretty damn cool, all the work ups you get with different ammo. you can also see what your rifle will do with different lots of ammo.

Reactions: Klay23
    Congrats on a good Vudoo. I would try and BUY ALL the preferred ammo you can.

When I was at the testing facility in AZ, I saw a few vudoo's that were grouping .2 and below. The 50 yd group looked almost like 1 hole. It was amazing.
    you are in the going in right direction with your .3.
    if you really really want to see what your rifle can do... send it
    edit - I saw your .135 ... I think you are there :); but I'd still send it. It's pretty damn cool, all the work ups you get with different ammo. you can also see what your rifle will do with different lots of ammo.
    That’s sk standard +…. It seems to like it but all of the groups aren’t that small. Probably a .3” avg. I have it. Will post it shortly. I’ve kept up with each one out of curiosity.

Congrats on a good Vudoo. I would try and BUY ALL the preferred ammo you can.
    I think it’s good too, but honestly don’t know. Only one I’ve ever seen. Kind of the point of me posting this. What is real and what is internet…. Ha

I know MB @RAVAGE88 has commented that they don't need a "break in" period for the barrels, but there must be a reason they get better after several hundred to a thousand rounds. Mine is over the thousand round part, and it has better consistency than it did the first 100-200 rounds. I've only put SK Rifle Match and SK Pistol match through it...SKPM has given better results for me than SKRM. YMMV.

I need to start doing 10rd groups. It’s just too much fun
    Groups get difficult if you shoot the center of the bullseye out in the first few rounds. I started shooting "grid" stuff like @justin amateur has posted about, but I use 8" Birchwood Casey targets.

This was with a couple of my Anschutz rifles, but the concept is the same. Some of the "bad" shots were sighting in, some were me. Any aimpoint can be used, diamond tips, bullseyes, any where the lines cross or touch. The circled group was 10 rounds, this was all at the local indoor range...so only 25 yards.

target.jpg

Reactions: SWgeezer
    I know MB @RAVAGE88 has commented that they don't need a "break in" period for the barrels, but there must be a reason they get better after several hundred to a thousand rounds. Mine is over the thousand round part, and it has better consistency than it did the first 100-200 rounds. I've only put SK Rifle Match and SK Pistol match through it...SKPM has given better results for me than SKRM. YMMV.
    Break in, to me, implies a special period during which a car, boat, or rifle is to be used in a limited way(ie.revs) and/or the initial servicing interval is shorter. This does not apply to a Vudoo. However, it is widely reported that barrel performance improves with use as the minor imperfections are worked out. If it is not noticeable as an improvement in accuracy it may be noticeable in how dirty she runs. My Anschutz took a little step in the right direction at 8000 rounds. It had been stable since 1500.

This thing might get better? Haha. That’s awesome to think. I see your point about shooting the center out. bUT, kind of cool to shoot one in a hole already there 🤣

Break in, to me, implies a special period during which a car, boat, or rifle is to be used in a limited way(ie.revs) and/or the initial servicing interval is shorter. This does not apply to a Vudoo. However, it is widely reported that barrel performance improves with use as the minor imperfections are worked out. If it is not noticeable as an improvement in accuracy it may be noticeable in how dirty she runs. My Anschutz took a little step in the right direction at 8000 rounds. It had been stable since 1500.
    My 1416AV bolt was a little rough for the first couple hundred rounds, it has smoothed out considerably since then. My 1712AV was not perfectly smooth out of the box, but it got better after a couple hundred rounds also. They have both gotten more consistent in that time also...but that could just be me getting used to them, only had them about a month or so. Might be the same thing with my Vudoo, as far as getting used to it...it's a much different .22lr than anything else I have in the vault. 👍

My 360 has been a disappointment in the accuracy department so far. I really shoulda stuck with my CZ's and Bergara's. Groups from those guns are the same or better at 1/3 the price. The king wears no cloths.

Reactions: Appalachian
    My 360 has been a disappointment in the accuracy department so far. I really shoulda stuck with my CZ's and Bergara's. Groups from those guns are the same or better at 1/3 the price. The king wears no cloths.
    Really? I had a cz457 with the lilja and overall my vudoo shoots a little better. Not a lot better but on avg better I think anyway. Wondering what 100yds plus looks like also. Next time I go to the range and have some time I’ll try the same at 100 and hopefully my feelings arent destroyed 😂 10rd 50yd groups coming As well. Maybe I will actually dial in my scope for the center for one of these groups, haha. Probably not. I try to much different ammos/lots etc.

I started this thread as to simply see if this is even good anyway. I have no idea as I have never competed or been to any of those and it’s certainly outshoots what I’ve seen or had before at my little range. Thought it was cool to see a time line of every shot too, cold bore, cleaning, all of them. Every shot I’ve taken is stuck in a little book I have. Interesting to me anyway

Last edited:
    Really? I had a cz457 with the lilja and overall my vudoo shoots a little better. Not a lot better but on avg better I think anyway. Wondering what 100yds plus looks like also. Next time I go to the range and have some time I’ll try the same at 100 and hopefully my feelings arent destroyed 😂 10rd 50yd groups coming As well. Maybe I will actually dial in my scope for the center for one of these groups, haha. Probably not. I try to much different ammos/lots etc.

I started this thread as to simply see if this is even good anyway. I have no idea as I have never competed or been to any of those and it’s certainly outshoots what I’ve seen or had before at my little range. Thought it was cool to see a time line of every shot too, cold bore, cleaning, all of them. Every shot I’ve taken is stuck in a little book I have. Interesting to me anyway
    Yea, mine has been a dog so far with whatever (good) ammo I feed it. . Not giving up hope yet but that's coming soon I think. Glad yours shoots well though!

Yea, mine has been a dog so far with whatever (good) ammo I feed it. . Not giving up hope yet but that's coming soon I think. Glad yours shoots well though!
    That’s no good. What ammo have you tried? Just out of curiosity. In all honesty, if that continues, I would reach out to vudoo. They are good people and will do what they can to help.

Reactions: WeeHooker
    My apologies, I didn't mean to rain on your thread. Not sure whey I even put this here. Moment of frustration I guess.
    I'll likely reach out to VGW before I resell it as I wouldn't stick anybody with it as is. I just need some time to cool down before talking to them. ( That fact that I even need to infuriates me.) It's been a long month of wanting to throw the rifle down range. (Really) FWIW, Ammo tried was 2 flavors of Wolf Match (SK and Eley build), Wolf Match Extra, SK rifle match (2 lots), SK std+, Sk Biathlon Sport, Eley Match, Center X , CCI std, golden Eagle target... None of it will group better than 1/2" at 50 and most of it opens up to 1.5" or bigger at 100. On any given day, my CZ's or Bergara can do as well /better.
    I'm going to bow out of this thread now as not to bring your experience down with mine. Best of luck!

My apologies, I didn't mean to rain on your thread. Not sure whey I even put this here. Moment of frustration I guess.
    I'll likely reach out to VGW before I resell it as I wouldn't stick anybody with it as is. I just need some time to cool down before talking to them. ( That fact that I even need to infuriates me.) It's been a long month of wanting to throw the rifle down range. (Really) FWIW, Ammo tried was 2 flavors of Wolf Match (SK and Eley build), Wolf Match Extra, SK rifle match (2 lots), SK std+, Sk Biathlon Sport, Eley Match, Center X , CCI std, golden Eagle target... None of it will group better than 1/2" at 50 and most of it opens up to 1.5" or bigger at 100. On any given day, my CZ's or Bergara can do as well /better.
    I'm going to bow out of this thread now as not to bring your experience down with mine. Best of luck!
    No worries @WeeHooker. Hope all goes well. I would definitely reach out. Greg or Mrs Joann will definitely do whatever they can. Sorry to hear your troubles too. I would be as frustrated as well. I just sold my 457 because of how well this one shoots. Eley Tenex and an older lot of Center X shoot pretty well in this rifle but they shot well in the cz as well. Just a little better with this one thankfully. It’s not all about the accuracy for me though. I like the bigger mags much better. The full size chassis that matches my centerfire and exactly the same trigger was a big thing for me also. I like the 60 degree throw as it’s also the same as my centerfire terminus Zeus. So the .1-.2” smaller groups are gravy on top.

Last edited:
    Reactions: WeeHooker
    Another 25 rounds down the tube. Cleaned the chamber and tried a new lot of sk standard plus and a 5 shot group of Tenex😳View attachment 7923326

My first vudoo shot tenex the best but at that price no way! It shot Center x the second best and sk rifle match and standard plus super close just not as consistent on average. Had some .1’s,.2’s then all of a sudden .4’s-.5’s.

Started testing a new barrel today for my new vudoo! So far looks promising!
    43C163F3-C557-4496-9728-92C524CE3DBA.jpeg
    BEEF7176-0EC6-4883-B78F-E809BA583B6B.jpeg

My first vudoo shot tenex the best but at that price no way! It shot Center x the second best and sk rifle match and standard plus super close just not as consistent on average. Had some .1’s,.2’s then all of a sudden .4’s-.5’s.

Started testing a new barrel today for my new vudoo! So far looks promising!View attachment 7924574View attachment 7924579
    I agree, if money was not object, I would have a doo doo ton of Tenex….

Yea, mine has been a dog so far with whatever (good) ammo I feed it. . Not giving up hope yet but that's coming soon I think.
    I was quite disappointed with my V22R/Three-60 Ravage out of the box. My 457 and Clark 10/22 both shot better groups as brand new guns. I contacted Vudoo and heard back from Mike Bush… if it wasn’t better by 500 rounds through it, send it back to them and they’d figure it out and make it right. But by 500 rounds, it shot great, and I sent it to Lapua to get ammo-tested (though Mike had said wait until 1000 rounds before a Lapua trip). Is it that much better than what my CZ 457 can do? Usually, though not much, certainly not commensurate with the price differential, but it competes in a different classification in our local matches (CZ is “Sporter”), the Vudoo is under “Match/Unlimited”). I don’t regret the purchase one bit.

If you want to compare different rifles competing under essentially same conditions with similar skill levels, check out the history at

That’s cool. I need to get in one of those. Looks like my setup would be competitive too, ha.

image.jpg

The first shot of the day looked good but then the next 4 were way low🤷🏻‍♂️. Adjusted the scope and shot the second 5 rd group from 100 and wasn’t too bad. Just tried some different lots of stuff I have to see if it happens to like it. 10rd group was real solid except the 2nd shot in that string. Hard not to enjoy shooting a vudoo though, at least for me

A couple of thoughts... OP may already know some or all of this.
    • After cleaning, don't shoot for accuracy until you've run at least half a box of ammo through.
    • Different brands of ammo (e.g., Lapua, Eley) use different lubricants. If/when switching, it will take, again, at least half a box of the "new" brand before POI and group size stabilizes.
    • With Lapua or SK ammo (which come off the same lines), the lube on all labels from SK Standard+ through X-Act is the same (only Polar Biathlon uses something different). This means you can switch from cheaper label to more expensive label without waiting for the aforementioned stabilization.
    • At the end of the day, we're talking .22 rimfire and all the weirdness of the caliber. A buddy of mine sent his Vudoo to the Lapua test center in AZ. The rifle set a single 10-shot record of something like 0.4" center to center (they record groups edge to edge) at 100 meters (109 yards) with Midas+. Sounds great, right? Well, I saw the whole report, and the rest of the test groups weren't that tight. My rifle also performed best with a certain lot of Midas+ - the best lot of Center-X performed within a couple of millimeters of the best lot of Midas+, and the Center-X was 40% cheaper.
    • Five-shot groups are all well and good, but to me it's more revealing to see how much larger round counts perform. For example, I shot a mini-Palma match over the weekend, using bipod and rear bag. This is a 100-yard match with 800-900-1000 yard targets scaled to 100. The 10- and x-rings for the "1000 yard" target are 1.52" and .78 inches. I cleaned the COF, scoring 450/32X out of a possible 450/45X. Each of the three targets required 15 rounds for score. The 45 scored shots landed collectively in 1.25 inches. Yes, there are multiple sub-MOA 5-shot groups in there, but the collective aggregate is bigger.
    Fwiw.

A couple of thoughts... OP may already know some or all of this.
    • After cleaning, don't shoot for accuracy until you've run at least half a box of ammo through.
    • Different brands of ammo (e.g., Lapua, Eley) use different lubricants. If/when switching, it will take, again, at least half a box of the "new" brand before POI and group size stabilizes.
    • With Lapua or SK ammo (which come off the same lines), the lube on all labels from SK Standard+ through X-Act is the same (only Polar Biathlon uses something different). This means you can switch from cheaper label to more expensive label without waiting for the aforementioned stabilization.
    • At the end of the day, we're talking .22 rimfire and all the weirdness of the caliber. A buddy of mine sent his Vudoo to the Lapua test center in AZ. The rifle set a single 10-shot record of something like 0.4" center to center (they record groups edge to edge) at 100 meters (109 yards) with Midas+. Sounds great, right? Well, I saw the whole report, and the rest of the test groups weren't that tight. My rifle also performed best with a certain lot of Midas+ - the best lot of Center-X performed within a couple of millimeters of the best lot of Midas+, and the Center-X was 40% cheaper.
    • Five-shot groups are all well and good, but to me it's more revealing to see how much larger round counts perform. For example, I shot a mini-Palma match over the weekend, using bipod and rear bag. This is a 100-yard match with 800-900-1000 yard targets scaled to 100. The 10- and x-rings for the "1000 yard" target are 1.52" and .78 inches. I cleaned the COF, scoring 450/32X out of a possible 450/45X. Each of the three targets required 15 rounds for score. The 45 scored shots landed collectively in 1.25 inches. Yes, there are multiple sub-MOA 5-shot groups in there, but the collective aggregate is bigger.
    Fwiw.
    Appreciate all the info. I was aware of the cleaning and the lube but wanted to see what it would do anyway. I don’t try to setup a perfect condition, just notating whatever the situation may have been. If it was windy at the range, so be it. I didn’t bother to clean the barrel when switching ammo or fire any fouler rounds between the Tenex to center x knowing it will likely affect it but I wanted to see what it would do anyway, ha. What I was curious of with all this is what will this thing do in the real world not perfect world conditions. I think it is a pretty good shooter. The above pics are every single shot from the very first trigger pull. Not a single shot not shown on paper. All of this was just curiosity driven. And I enjoy it as it’s just a lot of fun to shoot. From looking through every shot I think I can say this is a 1moa or better gun. At 50yds I think I’m in the .35-.4” avg of every group ever shot. Best maybe .18 and worst at absolute .53” I think they it was. Tenex seems to be the best performing of the lots of ammo and brands that I have. But all
    Of them have shown to shoot pretty decent. As you notice, I just aim at the same point and see what kinds of groups it gives me. I’ll eventually dial one of these in if I ever tried to go to a comp one day. I prefer to shoot the cheap stuff though, sk standard plus, haha

I was quite disappointed with my V22R/Three-60 Ravage out of the box. My 457 and Clark 10/22 both shot better groups as brand new guns. I contacted Vudoo and heard back from Mike Bush… if it wasn’t better by 500 rounds through it, send it back to them and they’d figure it out and make it right. But by 500 rounds, it shot great, and I sent it to Lapua to get ammo-tested (though Mike had said wait until 1000 rounds before a Lapua trip). Is it that much better than what my CZ 457 can do? Usually, though not much, certainly not commensurate with the price differential, but it competes in a different classification in our local matches (CZ is “Sporter”), the Vudoo is under “Match/Unlimited”). I don’t regret the purchase one bit.

If you want to compare different rifles competing under essentially same conditions with similar skill levels, check out the history at
    Thanks for that. It gives me some hope. I've put the gun away for the last week so I can cool off. I plan to reset the action in the stock, retorque and test 8-10 brands of ammo next week. That will put me over the 500 rnd mark. If consistency improves, I'm good. If it doesn't , I'll call VGW and see if I can send them the action and chassis. If that doesn't clear it up, I'll sell it off and finance another CZ project. I've already band aided the mags to get the gun to run, I'm not going to modify my chassis unless something points to it (which I doubt) I'm also hoping for the day that I won't regret the purchase, but that's not going to be this week. I'm too peeved to go near it.

Last edited: