• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First AR build pics

brianidaho

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2005
North Idaho (Sagle)
I just finished my first AR-15 build. The lower receiver is from Tactical Innovations in Bonners Ferry,Idaho (an hour from me) the barrel from AR Performance (20" "HBAR), scope is a Nikon Monarch 6.5-20 and the rings are from Seekins Precision in Lewiston. I coated it with Norrell's Moly Resin and assembled it over the weekend. My first attempt at a build. I have a bipod adapter on order, hopefully it will be be here by the weekend and I can see if it's a shooter.

Now that we've confirmed that there are wolves in the neighborhood, maybe I'll get a chance to try it on them.

Sorry about the lousy picture quality, I'll post some new ones when I get outside with some decent light.

AR-15pics005.jpg

AR-15pics004.jpg

AR-15pics001.jpg

Re: First AR build pics

Sweet..... just built mt first AR as well, little pricey but we only live once. so they say
What LPK did you use and Who's trigger shall that be?

I bought the LPK from PK Firearms. It came with the Timney trigger. I'd have preferred the Geissele (just going by what I've read) but decided to jump when I finally found a LPK for sale.

Nice build. Once you do one, you have to do others. I stopped at ten. I go to therapy now.