• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First build DONE...well mostly

Anchor Zero Six

Problem Solver
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Corona Komifornia
Seems like I have been without a bolt rifle for an eternity. I'm finally back and happy to say I rolled my own this time and I'm more than a little giddy about it!

Specs:
-Rem 700LA trued and parkerized (started life as a 300WM PSS)
-PTG pinned recoil lug
-PTG spiral fluted bolt with Sako extractor and APA knob (parkerized)
-APA LA DBM
-20" Rock 5R MTU fluted 30 cal barrel chambered in 308, threadded with blended thread protector finished in "Parker" colored duracoat
-Timney trigger set at 3.5 lbs (like em heavy)
-McMillan A5 adj cheek rest
-Seekins sling rail thingy

Not done yet I have a 338LM PTG bolt and raising funds for a barrel and better optic and then it will be a switch barrel 308/338

And this thread would be worthless without a pic so here you go

DSC00890.jpg

Oh forgot to mention that I put it on a postage scale right after I finished it and it came in at 9 lbs 12 oz without any accessories or optic.

Re: First build DONE...well mostly

Beautiful looking rifle!

What is the make on your cheek pad? And if I am seeing right, the rear bag is attached to the cheek pad using Velcro or a strap? If so, very cool idea and would like to try one out for myself!

There is something sturdy looking about a MTU contour chopped off short. It just looks tough! I have a 20-incher in a McMillan Marksman stock that is one of my favorites. Balances nicely with the sniper fill and heavy tube.

Good on you, Anchor.

david

Looks sharp man! Can you put a can on it up there in WA?

Onyx

Very nice. Love the stock color!