• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

First build DONE...well mostly

Anchor Zero Six

Problem Solver
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Corona Komifornia
Seems like I have been without a bolt rifle for an eternity. I'm finally back and happy to say I rolled my own this time and I'm more than a little giddy about it!

Specs:
-Rem 700LA trued and parkerized (started life as a 300WM PSS)
-PTG pinned recoil lug
-PTG spiral fluted bolt with Sako extractor and APA knob (parkerized)
-APA LA DBM
-20" Rock 5R MTU fluted 30 cal barrel chambered in 308, threadded with blended thread protector finished in "Parker" colored duracoat
-Timney trigger set at 3.5 lbs (like em heavy)
-McMillan A5 adj cheek rest
-Seekins sling rail thingy

Not done yet I have a 338LM PTG bolt and raising funds for a barrel and better optic and then it will be a switch barrel 308/338

And this thread would be worthless without a pic so here you go

DSC00890.jpg

Oh forgot to mention that I put it on a postage scale right after I finished it and it came in at 9 lbs 12 oz without any accessories or optic.

Re: First build DONE...well mostly

Beautiful looking rifle!

What is the make on your cheek pad? And if I am seeing right, the rear bag is attached to the cheek pad using Velcro or a strap? If so, very cool idea and would like to try one out for myself!

There is something sturdy looking about a MTU contour chopped off short. It just looks tough! I have a 20-incher in a McMillan Marksman stock that is one of my favorites. Balances nicely with the sniper fill and heavy tube.

Good on you, Anchor.

david

Looks sharp man! Can you put a can on it up there in WA?

Onyx

Very nice. Love the stock color!