• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors First Can HTG Aris 4?? good choice??

beretta989

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2008
South Dakota Huron area
Im looking for a can to run on my custom ar-15 nonpistol driven rifle. And my bolt gun after reading many reviews and looking at Db ratings I think im going to get The Htg Aris 4 But I want to know if anybody here owns one and has some field time with it.

Re: First Can HTG Aris 4?? good choice??

Will be able to give you a report in a couple weeks. I sent my paperwork in on an Aris4 in Aril along with Paper on another can. My other can just got approved so I should have the Aris in my hands shortly. Anything built by George Vais is quality and that is the main reason I went with an HTG plus the Aris 3 rated real high on slilencer research. I was also told that the Aris 4 can be used on 22-250.
later

You will not be able to order a can from HTG as George is in the process of retiring and moving back to Greece . He is just waiting for the last of the BATF paperwork to clear and is no longer taking orders .

I will miss him as his shop is about a 1/2 mile from my house and the turnaround on all my rifles was measured in hours or at most days for complete builds when all the parts were in hand.

Shame to hear that, he made some decent cans. As far as the Aris 4 goes, if it's anything like the Aris 3 it should sound good. A bit short on other features, though.

I also heard that George is leaving the business. I heard that he has HTG up for sale... Hope someone good buys it and continues on with a good product. It is a good thing to have so many suppressor companies competing for business and quality products.

You should still be able to find some dealers with them in stock.

The paperwork for mine should be coming any day now... I'll give a full range report and can compare it to my M4-2000 as well.

ARIS-4 paperwork arrived and I just picked it up today. I'll post pics tomorrow of it on the SBR.

SBR with Noveske 12.5" Crusader barrel, Switchblock, ARIS-4 suppressor. Can't wait to test out the new suppressor.
DSC06337.jpg

DSC06338.jpg

DSC06339.jpg

I'm considering a trip to meet with Mark in the near future (only a few hours away). How is the company to deal with?

Looking forward to a range report from you.

I understand George went back to Greece. This was one of the last ones that he made I guess. I think the cans perform very well - and the new owners of HTG that bought George out will honor any warranty work from the stuff that went out the door before they took over.
Haven't dealt with them yet? Don't know how they'll be.

I have been running the HTG Aris for about 4 years now.
Small, quiet and well built.
George was fun to talk to.
Shame it's over.

Shot the SBR today with the ARIS-4 can on it. MAN, this thing is quiet. Better than I expected. Next time out I'll put a scope on it and see what ammo that 12.5" Noveske Crusader barrel likes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will not be able to order a can from HTG as George is in the process of retiring and moving back to Greece . He is just waiting for the last of the BATF paperwork to clear and is no longer taking orders .

I will miss him as his shop is about a 1/2 mile from my house and the turnaround on all my rifles was measured in hours or at most days for complete builds when all the parts were in hand. </div></div>

The Patent/s were purchased by CPM (Precision Machine) in Boise Idaho... they are producing the HTG suppressors, it is my understanding they are already shipping.... I have a few, and an ARIS on the way. They have a great product, and they actually get back to you if you need information... <span style="font-weight: bold">No fricking run-around!</span> I will miss George too, I spent hours in his shop. I am glad that the silencer line was picked up (besides the obvious warranty thing).

been waiting to hear from Mark on a universal unit for the .22/
.223, just some minor details need to be freed up and I'm ready, plus they are home grown and Mark is a cool knowledgable dude, so that is where my hard earned dinero will be going, IMHO, thanks

Ron

The Patent/s were purchased by CPM (Precision Machine) in Boise Idaho... they are producing the HTG suppressors, it is my understanding they are already shipping.... I have a few, and an ARIS on the way. They have a great product, and they actually get back to you if you need information... <span style="font-weight: bold">No fricking run-around!</span> I will miss George too, I spent hours in his shop. I am glad that the silencer line was picked up (besides the obvious warranty thing). [/quote]

Did anyone buy his super secret Can design Patent that was for sale?
He told me about it and actually offered the Patent.
Just wondering.

Sorry to revive a thread that's been sleeping for a bit - but does anyone (GRIM?) have some updated feedback on the ARIS-4 can?

Other places expressed a concern about the amount of blowback with the ARIS cans - did that improve with the later ARIS-4?

i have an aris-4 i have not noticed any more blowback than with another can that i have shot. it works great and is nice on my ears.