• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First Data Book Suggestion

Austincqc

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2010
TX, USA
I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm looking for some suggestions on a first rifle data book. It gets pretty humid here so maybe water resistant, but not an essential. Also, if there is any useful info to help the education process, that would be a plus for a starter book.

I was thinking of a USTS or Storm and then switching to Impact after I've found what I like. Thoughts?

Re: First Data Book Suggestion

I have the USTS that was issued to me, but since I saw them I really like the idea of the Storm books. IMHO its better to be able to select your own pages based on your specific training, quals, and operations than to be stuck with whatever is already in the book. Doesnt seem like you'll end up with the pages you need full and the other wasted with one from Storm. I plan on ordering one for work and for the range, but thats just me.

AustinCQC - We offer the first ever and largest selection of data book pages that allow you to custom design a data book that shoots your needs. We offer over 250 different page types to choose from and we also do custom designed pages if that is needed.

Check us out and i am sure you will be more then happy with what you see, and if you need anything drop me a line and I will help you out.

Happy Shooting
Tony

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AustinCQC - We offer the first ever and largest selection of data book pages that allow you to custom design a data book that shoots your needs. We offer over 250 different page types to choose from and we also do custom designed pages if that is needed.

Check us out and i am sure you will be more then happy with what you see, and if you need anything drop me a line and I will help you out.

Happy Shooting
Tony</div></div>

Not sure why I put Storm, I meant Impact...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...allow you to custom design a data book that shoots your needs...</div></div>

No pun intended?
grin.gif

With this being my first rifle data book, I don't really know what pages would be applicable or useful which is why I was thinking of using one of the USTS or Storm books because they appear to be more than just a log book and actually contain some data that would be helpful (ie. 14 pages of formulas, conversion tables, and charts on range estimation, wind, moving targets, and angle fire). After I move through one of those and review which pages were used and which weren't, I could make a more educated purchase at Impact. Is my logic flawed? Or does Impact sell pages similar to the ones I listed above?

Basically, right now I'm unconsciously incompetent and don't know what I don't know. I just want to get to being consciously incompetent and know that I don't know.

We offer 20 pages of tables, charts, formulas and reference material in the front of our books. We also have 20 more pages at the end of the book that give you range cards, notes pages, sketch pages and round count pages while giving you the basic targets you will encounter on a range day. Our premade book is designed for the basic/new shooter and allows the flexability for you to add the pages you need as your shooting needs grow.

Our books our designed from a combined 19 years of military sniper ,Law Enforcement training and competetive shooting experience.

I can assure you that you will have everything you could ever need to use with our reference materials.

But dont just take my word ask the shooters that have used our books read the testimonials and reviews and in the end find the data book that will work for you and will do what you need it to do!!

Happy Shooting

Just a thought, but have USTS or Storm posted in your thread yet? Nomad has, TWICE!

+1 for the Impact books, order the pre-setup one to get you started. Can't go wrong!!!

Brian

Just bought from Impact. PM'd NOMAD (Tony) and he set me up with exactly what I needed to start, page by page.

+1 impact books, great book and comes with
weapon info/ personal data
ballistic charts for common ammo
how to to do range estimation
size conversion charts
wind est
leading target
angle of fire
mil value adjustments
round count page
That's just some of what they give and those are the things that I used and found useful.

Thanks for teh comments guys we are working to turn on even more new ideas.

Keep foollowing us on here, Face book and Twitter!!