• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

*First Look* Atlas Bipod V8

Re: *First Look* Atlas Bipod V8

Woohoo! Mailman just delivered mine. Feels great on the hardwood and tile, now to go get it dirty.

FYI: I had my order in over 6 weeks ago and the timing just happened to be right with the v8 release.

thanx kasey just got ours at work, awaiting the rest. i have almost every one of my work guns with one of your bipods on it.

Yea just like mscott and Doc1911 having the leg fold up in the 45 degree posion was the only complaint I ever had with the Atlas so I really can't wait to get this upgrade done. I'm going to get my two on the way thanks Kasey!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea just like mscott and Doc1911 having the leg fold up in the 45 degree posion was the only complaint I ever had with the Atlas so I really can't wait to get this upgrade done. I'm going to get my two on the way thanks Kasey! </div></div>Off topic, but I really like that camo job - Oh, and the Atlas too.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just for clarity, everything we are now shipping is the V8, we have not updated our website but rest assured if you order from us, that is what you will be getting.

Second, anyone that bought an Atlas V7 in the last 30 days, the best we can offer is to expedite the 49.95 conversion. Currently there is not a time limit on this conversion as long as we have parts, we'll do them. </div></div>

Kasey,

I ordered by BT-10-NC from Lisa @ RO about 4 hours before Frank made the V8 announcement. I received it today, and it's very well done. I have not mated it up with my AICS w/spigot yet as this stock is enroute to me.

It is not the V8 version however, but I have no idea which version it is. So how do I tell which version it is?

Here's some pics:

DSCF1562.jpg

DSCF1564.jpg

DSCF1563.jpg

So if it is a Version 7, I would like the upgrade for $49.95. But I would be sending it in till after June 12th, as I have a shoot that day and I would like to use it as is till then.

Thanks,

Bob

Sorry Bob, I have resisted estimating availability on products any more as my history indicates my failures in that area. Regarding the V8, several issues (very good for B&T) had our full and undivided attention so we had 95% of it done before we even started talking about it and that was to a select few people that had showed a interest in an application for the V7.

However, this has been and continues to be a sore spot for me as well as some of our customers that bought the V7 (like yours) recently. But as was concluded in making those decisions, we roll it out when ready and offer a conversion and charge for the labor. This is better than the no conversion and price increase that was also offered....

Anyhow, send whenever is good for you.

Kasey,

No apologies necessary. I bought your product because it was and is a good product, no matter what version it may be.

I was in fact chuckling to myself, when mere hours after I ordered it from Lisa, I saw Frank's post about the new version. But no, I don't regret my order at all.

I think the fact that you are even offering a upgrade at all, at a fair price is outstanding. Things change, products evolve, and the new always replaces the old.

But thank you for your support and offer,

Bob

may seem like a silly question, but the accu-shot website has the V7 listed, so if i purchase an atlas from this point onwards will i be sent a V8?

vman...as Kasey posted above:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just for clarity, everything we are now shipping is the V8, we have not updated our website but rest assured if you order from us, that is what you will be getting. </div></div>

If you have never dealt with Kasey before rest assured he is a top bloke, very few come close IMHO to offering the level of CS and personal attention that Kasey does.

Sweet, thanks Basra... cant believe i didnt see that, i need to open my eyes

thanks for pointing it out tho
smile.gif

Damn, I guess I need to start upgrading mine. I still have the original version (before the leg upgrade and the washer upgrade). I just have not seen the need to do it, it works great...so, you will have a lot to do when I finally get around to sending it in!

I got my V8 in hand today and i must say WOW, this thing is amazing. The improvements that Kasey and crew put into this shows when you first take it out of the package. Its a great bipod and i will have a hell of a time breaking the mount with the legs @ 45 degrees and standing on the rifle
laugh.gif
(i wont do that anymore Kasey, promise
wink.gif

For those that ordered direct, how long did it take you to receive your V8 from order placed to it being on the doorstep?

Kasey is good people. It's always good to see vendors lookng at ways to improve products. I have been shooting an Atlas for a while now. I also like the Atlas pic rails. I can't wait to get a V8!!

I have 3 weapons that "need" new bipods and monopods .I can be my own group buy.Time to clean out the back room in the Harley shop to buy gun gear 3rd time this year. Nice stuff. How about dealer pricing. I'll mount one on a theme bike and be like the orange county chopper posers.
Scot

Kasey just e-mailed stating he received my V7 and that he will ship the upgraded version of it (V8) THIS WEEK. That is a fast turn around!!!
smile.gif

Doc1911, this is true but please understand that you asked us to rush it for your up-coming "AINA Amour’s Course in ST Pete" with a June 24th start date.

We cannot accommodate all of the V7 to V8 conversions in such a time frame.

You know you're running a solid business when you need to interject a dose of realism to tame customer praise. I don't currently own an Atlas, but I hope to some day...and I look forward to doing business with your company! Keep up the good work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doc1911, this is true but please understand that you asked us to rush it for your up-coming "AINA Amour’s Course in ST Pete" with a June 24th start date.

We cannot accommodate all of the V7 to V8 conversions in such a time frame. </div></div>Very true, very true.

I meant for my statement to understood in relation to my earlier post. However, I could see how someone could mis-understand it ... and therefore the clarification needed.

Thanks Again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nightmel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have two Harris' sitting around taking up space, may have to sell them and buy one of these. </div></div>

Why? Not meant as a putdown of anybody's product, but I've thought my Harris bipods were just fine. Can some one tell me why the Atlas is so much better?

1911fan

No worries, we are trying to hold the V7 to V8 conversions back, Saturday we got 5... Sooooo, we have made a few exceptions for various reasons none of which are "I want it now".

Thanks again one and all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nightmel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have two Harris' sitting around taking up space, may have to sell them and buy one of these. </div></div>

Why? Not meant as a putdown of anybody's product, but I've thought my Harris bipods were just fine. Can some one tell me why the Atlas is so much better?

1911fan </div></div> This may help. IMO, if you ever try one, you will not go back ....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO, if you ever try one, you will not go back .... </div></div>

That's what I'm afraid of, got a bunch of bipods and I'd want to replace them all. Thanks for the link, interesting. Do they also hop less than the Harris, and is that due to the higher preload?

1911fan

Is the leg internally sprung on these?
Scot

there is a spring that controls the button, press the button and you can rotate the leg.

We received a V7 Atlas today with NO RETURN ADDRESS.....

Kasey please give us the option to DIY from v7 to v8

kwild, perfect, just send me the COUNTRY it was mailed from and we'll do the conversion and get it out to you ASAP, we'll even throw in a beat up GAP rifle....

427Cobra, sorry, but no. The conversion is 95% complete tear-down which if allowed to be done outside will lead to many more CS issues. I have history and experience here. Add the liability issues and our position is a easy one to take and defend. Send it Saturday, we'll have it back you way by end of next week.

Also, we did a hard count today and we are going to run out of the Outer leg parts this week. We will have the required parts for the conversions so actually, it is a good time to send conversions in as the next 2 weeks we can hammer them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you convert my Harris to the new V8?
grin.gif
</div></div>

A trade in program? I like it!
grin.gif

Kasey,I was refering to the extending of the legs and I think you are talking about the folding.I may very well be mistaken but thats how I understand it.Do the legs telescope out as well as fold? If they do are they sliders or are they under spring pressure?Either way I want to get one or more just want to know what to expect. It's clear your way works as you are held in high regard here by many way more advanced in the art of precision rifle than I thanks for your time.
Scot

JRose, Yes I can, but better yet, as still I owe you big time, send me your address and I'll have a pizza delivered! lol

Scot, ahhh, too close to the forest to see the tree thing right there...yes that knurled collar you see at the top of the leg is held under spring pressure, pulling it down allows you to pull the outer leg down, releasing the collar will drive the contained balls into the groove of choice and hold the leg at that length. Clear as mud?

This is great news for those of us that fell into the 2% that experienced leg failures under recoil. The upgrade will change a bipod that I've been unwilling to use for fear of continued leg collapse back into the best bipod option on the market.

Kudos to Kasey for offering a reasonably priced upgrade for previous customers where many companies would just force you to shell out for an entire new bipod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is great news for those of us that fell into the 2% that experienced leg failures under recoil. The upgrade will change a bipod that I've been unwilling to use for fear of continued leg collapse back into the best bipod option on the market.

Kudos to Kasey for offering a reasonably priced upgrade for previous customers where many companies would just force you to shell out for an entire new bipod. </div></div>

I have a V7 Atlas and I also ocassionally experienced the leg collapse when the legs were set at 45°. I got a new V8 Atlas in last week (I ordered it like 6 weeks ago), it works great and there's no way the legs could collapse on the new version. Great upgrade...makes the best bipod even better! I'll definately be sending my old V7 in for the upgrade as well. Thanks again Kasey!

Cant wait to hear from dealers that have these in stock and ready to ship.... looks like that could be awhile though.

Kasey is DAAA MAN !!!!!

Thanks for my V8! I will be replacing ALL my Harris bipods.

Great customer service and a fantastic product -- darn you I say...

Thanks again!

So those who have received your V8 bipods, how long ago did you order from AccuShot? I'm trying to figure the arrival time....