• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

*First Look* Atlas Bipod V8

Re: *First Look* Atlas Bipod V8

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
snufulufugus said:
.....sorry to burst your bubble......that is not how you use a bipod....... call me silly </div></div>
Man, he doesnt know how to shoot prone while hanging from the celing? It is in the ninja handbook.

I got in two big boxes today. I have a few backorders to sort out tomorrow, and will add the rest to the site after that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snufulufugus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome piece of equipment, it looks like a work of art in person.

bipod.jpg
</div></div>

.....sorry to burst your bubble......that is not how you use a bipod....... call me silly </div></div>

Well maybe he is using the Monopod as the sight pin?

Just spoke to Steve at Triad Tactical today. He just got in a couple boxes of Atlas V8 bipods. All flavors.

H2O MAN's Atlas Bipod V8 with ADM Mount

I picked up the new BT10-LW17 while at SHOT and installed it on my Crazy Horse M14 EBR-NMRI-SEI this morning.

Atlas Bipod V8 with ADM Mount BT10-LW17

admbipod-lr_1.jpg

More pictures:

IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4149.jpg

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4157.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up the new BT10-LW17 while at SHOT and installed it on my Crazy Horse M14 EBR-NMRI-SEI this morning.

admbipod-lr_1.jpg
</div></div>

I have a V8, had ATLAS spigot which I gave away with the AICS stock. How do I get that part, the upper half, to mount to pod and a pic rail? Is there a part number from ATLAS?

That is sweet! The ADM mounts are rock solid. So how does one go about purchasing this setup?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up the new BT10-LW17 while at SHOT and installed it on my Crazy Horse M14 EBR-NMRI-SEI this morning.

admbipod-lr_1.jpg
</div></div>

I have a V8, had ATLAS spigot which I gave away with the AICS stock. How do I get that part, the upper half, to mount to pod and a pic rail? Is there a part number from ATLAS? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattmcg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is sweet! The ADM mounts are rock solid. So how does one go about purchasing this setup? </div></div>

Atlas V8 No Clamp (BT-10NC)
+ American Defense AD-17 Base or a LaRue LT-171 if that's your cup of tea

Nice, thanks for the info. I guess I'll need to place another order......... A QD setup on an SPR build is definitely in order.

It looks like ADM also makes a real nice LOW mount for the Aimpoint Micro series, is there any feedback on this mount?

Mr. Kasey,

I just picked up my new Steyr Pro Hunter Stainless in 7mm Remington Magnum. I've done my research and it seems from the response here that you are the kind of guy I appreciate doing business with... that's a dangling participle! Damn engineering degree!
laugh.gif

So, I have a swivel stud on the front of the black synthetic stock. I've seen some posts which suggest I can get a picatinny adaptor which fits over the swivel stud, or I can unscrew the swivel stud and screw in a picatinny rail which screws in to the stock with two screws, one of which goes into the hole where the swivel stud has been removed, and has an attachment hole at the end for the sling quick attacher.... whew, big breath! That's gotta be a runon sentence!
laugh.gif
Then the Atlas can attach to the picatinny.

I think the best attachment would be to actually screw in a picatinny rail into the stock. That seems to be more sturdy than an adaptor which might fit over the current sling stud.

I have an mechanical engineering degree and appreciate fine engineering. I'm very excited at the prospect of receiving an Atlas V8 for my new hunting rifle.

Kind regards,

Driver (New Guy)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tt350z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Atlas V8 No Clamp (BT-10NC)
+ American Defense AD-17 Base or a LaRue LT-171 if that's your cup of tea </div></div>

FYI..... The link above to the AD-17 is the wrong mount. You actually need the AD-17S (short version) which BravoCompanyUSA doesn't stock. Ask me how I know.....
eek.gif

Well, since I screwed up on buying the wrong ADM mount, I figured I might as well take a fresh look at if the ADM or LaRue is a better mount for this application.

The LaRue looks to be more low profile on the QD which looks interesting. Of course, the ease of the ADM is still a benefit worth considering.

What have you all found?

What I would really like to see is someone come up with a GOOD type adapter so we can use it on a single stud for sporter rifles and XP 100's that we really don't want to add a rail on to - the way I can do with a Harris. If they can make a bipod that good the adapter should be easy.

Kasey,

The Atlas V-8 Bipod-to-TRG42 interfaces (bipod lever, stock rail) you recently sent integrated perfectly to my rifle. The bipod is fully-functional (swivel, cant, rake), as designed, with this setup.

Looking forward to burning some powder soon at Q with the setup. Once again, superior products AND customer service!

Mahalo