• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

*First Look* Atlas Bipod V8

Re: *First Look* Atlas Bipod V8

Kasey,
The V8 arrived today via USPS. Great looking product. I hope to give it a trial soon.

Thanks

Ditto w/ GardDog223... the V8 showed up today & I can hardly wait to get it out to run it through it's paces

Deisel... I was going to send you a bill for the upgrade; after all, had I not shot yours I don't know that I would have upgraded... but because I am so happy with it, I will for go sending you the bill.

I was going to charge you a commission for letting you use them
smile.gif
Don't let Mendocino know you bought one or he will be calling you an Atlas fanboy too.

diesel - we'll just call it even.

I can see where the standard AI bipod may have a more practical tactical appeal; however, for the type of shooting that I do I find the Alas to be the way to go... And yes, I am just waiting for Mendocino to find this thread to bust my chops.

I am curious too. No rush, just wondering if we will get a shipping notification when they go out?

Thanks,
Erik

For my last Atlas, I didn't receive a shipment notification. But if you see a box that shows up from B&T Industries, you know your bipod has arrived.

Thanks for the support guys, we appreciate it and will never take your loyalty for granted.

kwild, We are shipping June orders now so any May orders should have been shipped.

Erud, Unless requested, we do not email customers when orders are shipped.

We are running balls to the wall every day here trying to get where we can offer delivery time-frame better that 6-8 weeks.

No problem Kasey. I've got mine going to my PO box because my mailman is constantly leaving expensive packages on my doorstep... I just don't always check at the PO unless I'm expecting something.

Thanks
Erik

Just got my Atlas today! I ordered it June 14th, so that makes it 6-1/2 weeks from order to receipt. Thanks Kasey!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

We will be offering a conversion from the V7 to the V8 for 49.95 which covers the labor. The conversion replaces the Base, Inner Legs, Leg Bolts and adds the stainless steel components.

</div></div>

Fantastic news, thanks!

Received my V8 upgrade back from Kasey and his blokes today. About 3 weeks door to door - from down under to CONUS and return.

Outstanding, as usual.

Stopped to check my PO box today and there it was. I wasn't sure how big of an upgrade this would be over a Harris, but wanted to see for myself having seen all of the rave reviews. Now that I've gotten to look it over a bit, I'd say that the Atlas V8 is to the Harris bipod what an AIAW is to an off the shelf Remington 700P. No offense intended towards Harris or Remington owners - I have and use both myself, but this product is a cut above.

Great work Kasey - well worth the wait.

Thanks,
Erik

I like that analogy. I have tried most of the popular bipods, the Harris, the Sako TRG and the AI and still like the Atlas the best. Sent mine in for the upgrade today and my entry into the raffle.

Thanks to everyone here convincing me the Atlas bipod is the way to go. I ordered mine yesterday, knowing well it might take some time before I have it here in Norway. The Sweet Wait..

BTW: does anybody have a suggestion for a picatinny rail/adapter I can use to get the Atlas mounted on my laminate stock? It's only got one stud bolt.

You guys just make me envious

Kasey posted mine June 17th and it still aint arrived here in the UK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Accu-Shot sells a rail. BT-15 Rail. There's a thread in the Gunsmithing section that shows a tutorial on how to attach. Accu-shot also sells some Fastners for that rail

Link to gunsmithing thread </div></div>

Thanks, Koz, appreciated.

Got mine yesterday Kasey. I was pretty happy with my first one but this new version is a step up. Excellent job!!! Thanks.

This is the stuff I like about tactical shooting there are always great products that I have to get. When I get some extra cash I am getting one of these. Good by Harris...

I just received mine back from the V8 conversion. Since I mailed it out on Monday and considering shipping times each way the in-shop turn around time had to be same day service!!! Thanks a lot.

My V8 BT10 arrived at home in Norway today, 32 days after clicking the order button on the accu-shot site.
I was expecting a much longer wait, so I'm very happy here. Customs and all that stuff normally takes a week after it hits our shores. So this was probably a 3-4 week shipping time in my case.

I am at sea these days, and can't fondle my new bipod for another three weeks. How's that for torment?

Thanks to Kasey for the expedient shipping, and great communication.

Cheers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Shootist</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How mucha are they? and where can I order one? </div></div>

$220, and you'll find the clamp-on style here..

rookie question, but as I am also lookin at a good quality bipod, what is the deal with the 45 deg angle thing? is that the angle of the legs from the vertical? the angle between the 2 legs?

and also what is the significance of the 45 deg? better support?

just trying to figure out the workins of this bipod as I am a shooter with only harris experience...

thanks in advance...DT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">rookie question, but as I am also lookin at a good quality bipod, what is the deal with the 45 deg angle thing? is that the angle of the legs from the vertical? the angle between the 2 legs?

and also what is the significance of the 45 deg? better support?

just trying to figure out the workins of this bipod as I am a shooter with only harris experience...

thanks in advance...DT </div></div>45 degrees is in reference to the fact that you can deploy the legs 45 deg forward (and backward on the v8,) the main advantage being that it allows the rifle to go super low to the ground for situations that would warrant it- downhill shots and such.

Also, my rifle has the m40a1 stock with the stud in front and a flush cup just behind. Is there a picitinny rail that will mount to that? will I still be able to attach the QD sling to it? or is one stud not strong enough to support the rail/bipod?

Just need to know what to order so I can do it all at once.

thanks again.DT

after thinking about it for a while now, i just placed an order for one of these... only to come here and see this thread.

looking forward to getting my V8 mounted on my nearly completed semi .308.

Here's mine, mounted (the wrong way, I know) and tested. Having only tried Harris and Harris clone bipods, and never feeling too confident about them, this Atlas really is the business.
No play, no slack, it's tight and stable, and the cant and swivel is great for my hunting uses too.
I can't prove my groups are better just yet, but I don't worry about the bipod hopping like I used to.

It feels like a quality piece of kit.

howaatlas2.jpg

Yep, it is pointed the wrong direction.

Pretty sure that is backwards. You should be able to see the knob instructions for the arrow while behind the rifle.

Otherwise, it's installed backwards in all photos from the manufacturer's advertising pics as well.

You're right. Just re-read the instructions. "The engraving should be pointed AWAY from the muzzle."

Will edit my post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattmcg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, it is pointed the wrong direction. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tuckner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty sure that is backwards. You should be able to see the knob instructions for the arrow while behind the rifle.

Otherwise, it's installed backwards in all photos from the manufacturer's advertising pics as well. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattmcg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're right. Just re-read the instructions. "The engraving should be pointed AWAY from the muzzle." </div></div>

My original post: <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scarrow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's mine, mounted (the wrong way, I know) and tested. </div></div>

Thanks for looking out though.
wink.gif

The chain of response was because he said it was correct at first, in which I told him that no, you were actually right (that it was wrong).

I have a question concerning the swivel mechanism of this v8. I have heard that it is an actual "rotating" swivel function. For instance, with the bipod legs <span style="text-decoration: underline">planted</span> and the shooter behind the rifle he/she can actually follow a moving target parallel left or right to a certain degree? Does anyone know how far or if this is even true?
Thanks for any info prior to coin droppage!

can_stalk....

Yes, that is the "pan" function, and you can also make it tighter or looser for more or less resistance.

I believe there is 15 or 20 degrees in each direction, ie, plenty.

Placed my order 2 days ago. Can't wait!

BTW, what is the current wait? If I just placed my order, how long until the expected shipping?

I just got my v8 with the v2 spigot for AICS...It freaking rocks!!!!!

I got a chance to use my new V8 with the AICS V2 spigot....this thing is awesome. Much better than the Harris in my opinion..it is built like a tank and functions flawlessly..

I spoke to the guys at Acciu-shot today. The "canned" answer is 6 to 8 weeks. I got the impression that it should not take that long but they must have a big contract that they are filling as I was told they are still trying to catch up. Anyway it was a good conversation and I like what I hear about the new V8 Atlas. Ordered a new one myself. It will be hard to beat my old Atlas so I'm looking forward to see the new design.

Donald