• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors First (possibly only) centerfire suppressor?

The Huxwrx Flow 762 was released since your initial post, I'd take very hard look at it since it'll work really well with all the gas guns. All the PEW tests show it's extremely effective on gas 308, bolt 308 and even on a 5.56 SBR (better than the Flow 5.56!). It's reasonably light, additive manufactured out of titanium, super easy to clean and has a simple but extremely effective mounting system.

I do like the Diligent Defense Enticer line as well for many of the reasons posted above. I have the Enticer S Ti in jail along with the Huxwrx Flow 762. But for a one and done, I'd go with the Flow.

Reactions: cruiserweight
I would skip dead air, some shameful shit going on with them atm.

Huxwrx flow 762
Enticer S
Liberty Anthem S

The hux is undoubtedly more expensive but it will be excellent on your semi autos.

If you can afford it later an Enticer L for bolt guns would be a great addition.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I’ve got more than a dozen cans and almost all of them cost more than the Rex MG7s I have. Can’t say I like any of them more. The Rex has a great sound, is short for its volume and is robustly manufactured. I’ve never seen a big need for removable end caps if the baffles are all welded but if that’s something you are interested in then maybe that cost puts it with some of the higher cost brands. I went with the standard MG 7, not the K and I’ve been very satisfied with them. I put their sound suppression right up there with a GA Recce 7 and better than a couple of year old TBAC Ultra 7.

Reactions: YotaEer
I really enjoy my Rex mg7k. More than my omega 300.

With that said, I’m about to order an enticer Sti. Plan to use the enticer on my bolt guns, Rex on my AR15 and omega on the farm rifle.

Got sidetracked with ....well....life. Anyway, now that Black Friday sales are upon us, the search continues. Got a 40% Rex coupon which puts a Mod X at $689...$989 after tax and FFL fees. Rugged Surge is $950 with free stamp (no FFL fee since my local is a SS partner). Diligent Enticer L $595 at CA. Nomad Ti $999 w/free stamp at CA.

Got sidetracked with ....well....life. Anyway, now that Black Friday sales are upon us, the search continues. Got a 40% Rex coupon which puts a Mod X at $689...$989 after tax and FFL fees. Rugged Surge is $950 with free stamp (no FFL fee since my local is a SS partner). Diligent Enticer L $595 at CA. Nomad Ti $999 w/free stamp at CA.
Only $1050 with a stamp @HansohnBrothers website...

Only $50 more than the Nomad-30, and same (nearly exact) performance...But without the risks of a DA can right now. Until they get their shit together, I can't in good faith recommend a DA can, even though all 4 of mine have been phenomenal, but they were all build in 2020/2021 long before they had issues.

Last edited:
How does the hydrogen s compare to the L?
There is a noticeable difference between the 2. There's 4 more baffles in the L.

If you don't mind a 9" can, and are wanting maximum suppression, then go with the L, you won't be disappointed at all. If you want a great all-around 7" can that sounds great on everything, short for hunting, and is an amazing .300 BLK subsonic can, then the Hydro-S is what you need.

The Diligent Defense Enticer L is an amazing deal on a quality can. I have the S Ti version which on my 308 bolt is pretty amazing. On my 300 Blk gas gun, all I hear is the action cycling.

I know this is an old thread but figured I'd throw in my 2 cents as I currently sit as a one and done owner. I went with a PTP Tactical Master Chief. Opted for more sound reduction and quick mount via muzzle device to easily switch between guns. A 30 caliber can that I've run on everything from .308, 300 BO, 6.5 Creedmoor & .223, short and long barrels. Haven't used it on full auto, don't have one, but it is rated to handle it. I run their muzzle brakes instead of flash hider as recoil reduction is always good. Tri lug attachment meant it always mounts back to the same position every time and there are no exposed threads to worry about being damaged or clog with fouling.

It's not my only suppressor but it is my only center fire rifle can, pistol cans don't count. Unless you count that the pistol can is rated for 300 BO. :)

Nobody ever follows this advice, but the TBAC Ultra 5 is the best single center fire can to own. You’ll wear ears even when shooting suppressed - go with the 5” to take the edge off and don’t fuck with gun handling or excess gas.

Has anyone done actual testing for accuracy with different suppressors? All of the tests I've seen are strictly about noise level, which is completely understandable. But I'd be really curious to see head-to-head comparisons shooting for accuracy.

Has anyone done actual testing for accuracy with different suppressors? All of the tests I've seen are strictly about noise level, which is completely understandable. But I'd be really curious to see head-to-head comparisons shooting for accuracy.

Not that I'm aware of.

All the focus is seemingly on the one metric that really doesn't matter that much - dB's.

Cans designed for precision rifle use, with a focus on quality manufacturing processes with little runout (TBAC, Abel Co, etc) would be where I would look if precision is one of the top goals.

I would think this kind of test would be difficult to do considering there are harmonics at play when screwing a weight on the end of your barrel. What I mean is how can we isolate the suppressor design as being the factor influencing precision and not just harmonics? I suppose you could test on a bunch of different platforms and get an average but that may just add more confounding variables.

Yes... I have done head-to-head tests with the Dead Air Nomad-LT, OCL Hydrogen-L, and TBAC Magnus-HUB... All shot the same size groups. POI shift of course, but group size and precision did not change. They also all 3 sound amazing, and are within just a couple DB's of each other, and barely noticeable to the human ear.

Nobody ever follows this advice, but the TBAC Ultra 5 is the best single center fire can to own. You’ll wear ears even when shooting suppressed - go with the 5” to take the edge off and don’t fuck with gun handling or excess gas.
I’m not trying to pick on you, but how in the world did you come to this conclusion? I guess it shows that there are definitely different use cases and lots of people have varying priorities.

I know this is an old thread but figured I'd throw in my 2 cents as I currently sit as a one and done owner. I went with a PTP Tactical Master Chief. Opted for more sound reduction and quick mount via muzzle device to easily switch between guns. A 30 caliber can that I've run on everything from .308, 300 BO, 6.5 Creedmoor & .223, short and long barrels. Haven't used it on full auto, don't have one, but it is rated to handle it. I run their muzzle brakes instead of flash hider as recoil reduction is always good. Tri lug attachment meant it always mounts back to the same position every time and there are no exposed threads to worry about being damaged or clog with fouling.

It's not my only suppressor but it is my only center fire rifle can, pistol cans don't count. Unless you count that the pistol can is rated for 300 BO. :)
20oz .30 cal can named after Navy ranks? Woof

I’m not trying to pick on you, but how in the world did you come to this conclusion? I guess it shows that there are definitely different use cases and lots of people have varying priorities.
Light and short beats the pursuit of absolute suppression in a larger format can that will still require hearing protection, and negatively impact handling and harmonics. 5 inches and 8 ounces is transformational capability.

Light and short beats the pursuit of absolute suppression in a larger format can that will still require hearing protection, and negatively impact handling and harmonics. 5 inches and 8 ounces is transformational capability.
I guess it depends on what you’re doing. The Rex can I recommended above is 5.9” and definitely doesn’t require hearing protection in the calibers that I’ve used it in. My Ultra 7 does seem noticeably louder to the ear. SPL could be just as good but the tone is definitely not as pleasant.

You don’t seem to be measuring, but even if you were - hearing damage is a physical phenomenon. 140dB is not a hard-and-fast number, damage occurs below that point, and repeated exposure has a cumulative effect. In semi-automatics, port noise usually dominates muzzle blast. I’d wear your ear pro, even with your Rex can, and suspect they’d recommend it, too.

Reactions: kthomas and buskin
I’d wear your ear pro, even with your Rex can, and suspect they’d recommend it, too.
1000005718.gif

You don’t seem to be measuring, but even if you were - hearing damage is a physical phenomenon. 140dB is not a hard-and-fast number, damage occurs below that point, and repeated exposure has a cumulative effect. In semi-automatics, port noise usually dominates muzzle blast. I’d wear your ear pro, even with your Rex can, and suspect they’d recommend it, too.
If I was shooting at a public range or trying to deduce the reliability of Magpul 30rd mags, maybe I would. I’m shooting primarily a long barrel in 6BR or 223. Usually get a couple of shots a day if I’m lucky on the days I go out. I wear hearing protection when I run saws or other equipment, literally even vacuum cleaners, but I’ve never felt the need when hunting with the stainless cans I usually run. I’d probably use it for the Ultra 7 or if I was putting a lot of rounds down range.

My Rex MG7K was my first can, and, I (foolishly) thought, my only can. I’ve added 4 since, but it’s still a great can, and even better since Ecco upgraded it for me.

Reactions: YotaEer