• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First range trip with the remmy 5r

Juice5610

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
So Cal, USA
Well I'd first like to say that I have never shot a bolt action before today and I really enjoyed it. I went to burrough canyon and shot 100 rounds through her. The ammo was 168 gr smk, 46.3 gr of h380, lapua brass and winchester primers. It was really windy out there today and didnt really get to shoot at my targets as they and everyone elses targets kept getting knocked down by the wind anyway here the only grouping I was able to shot while my target was still standing I rushed the shots a bit because I could see the target swaying back and forth about to fall over.

100 yard 5 Shot group I think it might actually be 6 shots as I was talking to my buddy between shots it was his first time out shooting a gun. He caught BRD from shooting my AR all day
smile.gif

.806 - .308 = .494
target.jpg

I'm pretty sure I can do better but we'll see next time I'm out there to do some load testing with the components I actually want to use with this rifle. Did I measure my group the right way? Any tips or tricks to improve my shooting? Thanks guys!

EDIT: The rifle
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=296098

Re: First range trip with the remmy 5r

Was asking because I have a 5R and haven't been able to get to the range yet. Had the ejection pin trimmed already.

Re: First range trip with the remmy 5r

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beazzer78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice grouping Is that out of the box? </div></div>

yup right out of the box! I know I can do better as the ammo I was using wasnt even a acurracy load and there was 17mph winds that kept moving my target around. I'll be going to a 100 yard indoor range to do my loads with vargent, lapua brass, lapua 155 gr scenars and cci primers. I'll post the pics of my groupings in a couple of weeks. Thanks for all the kind words guys that was my first time shooting a bolt gun and I gotta say I'm HOOKED!