• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report First round hit at 735 for new shooter

RayDog

Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2001
Fort Collins, CO
I was teaching a class in Elkton OR last week. One of the ladies from the kitchen asked if she could come shoot a little after class one day. I was very happy to get her and another lady out to burn some powder. Hell they feed me while I'm there and they do an awesome job. I love going out to this place to teach. I shoot a lot in CO, NM and WY all high, dry and windy places. This place is super lush green and there are all sorts of trees to help estimate wind unlike here. Anyway here is a short vid of one of the ladies first shot of the day. I had my MRAD and my 260 with me. She wanted the 338 first. As you can see she was pretty happy.
http://youtu.be/CfdR_D2QrXY

Re: First round hit at 735 for new shooter

You are a pretty good instructor, don't give away all the credit! She was definitely stoked.

You see: There's nothing to it.
laugh.gif

Not trying to take anything away from her or the great shot but what size was the target? Even if it was a 15 inch gong, it is still excellent for a first timer.

It was a 12" or 14" square hung as a diamond. Anyone who has shot at diamonds knows why we use them in our matches. Very hard targets for sure.

We don't use big targets in our training classes or the matches we run. We like to think of what we do and teach as Practical Rifle Shooting not make You Feel Good rifle shooting.

Nice instructing. She looked very excited. Very nice for a teacher when a student does well.