• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes First shot with the Spuhr Sauer SSG mount

Jo.

Minuteman
Mar 29, 2006
Scandinavia
Despite foul weather and close to freezing temperature, forum member "Lill-Rambo" and I went out to shoot and to zero my rifle with the new Spuhr mount the other day.
I had mounted and bedded according to Håkans instructions the previous day, and the result came out great.

First shot @100m where 1.5 mrad high and 0.2mrad left. Adjusted accordingly and the next shoots grouped up nice at the center of the target.

Verified the zero on 320m. The mount placed the scope 10mm lower than my previous setup so I had to correct my ballistic table.
Added .2mrad more on my dope @ 600m, shot hit center and confirmed that both the table and scope now worked out as expected.

I'm very impressed with quality and feel of the mount. It fits the rifle perfectly and I love the fact that it is half the weight of my previous set up but looks twice as strong.

Jo

ununge_nov_2010-1.jpg

ununge_nov_2010-2.jpg

ununge_nov_2010-3.jpg

ununge_nov_2010-4.jpg

ununge_nov_2010-5.jpg

ununge_nov_2010-6.jpg

This is "Lill-Rambo's" TRG:

ununge_nov_2010-7.jpg

ununge_nov_2010-8.jpg

ununge_nov_2010-9.jpg

ununge_nov_2010-10.jpg

Re: First shot with the Spuhr Sauer SSG mount

A few more:

ununge_nov_2010-11.jpg

ununge_nov_2010-12.jpg

We don't get much light up here this time of year :)

ununge_nov_2010-13.jpg

Last edited:

Awesome rifle! Great looking mount too.

I wish we could get the Sauer over here in that configuration.

Justin

With a raised cheekpiece -- how hard is it to see the bubble level at the base? I'd love to ditch my fold-out levels, but I can't see the bottom of my AI mount without breaking cheek weld.

Thanks

No problems at all, you can see it with your left eye perfectly fine.

The level is placed slightly more to the left side, so you see it clearly with your left eye still maintaining sight picture with you right eye.

ununge_nov_2010-21.jpg

Can only agree that this is an awesome mount.

Me and Jo had a really good day with perfect shooting weather. Temp around 0' C, Wind about 2-5m/s and the rain just kept pouring down on us
smile.gif

IMG_1001-1.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TtUcGY0cVOU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TtUcGY0cVOU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Looks good. I'm planning on putting a Spuhr on my Sako TRG, but first I've got to decide on glass for it.

I knew I should have got one of those during the Group Buy. Nice pics, nice rifles for sure!

damn nice scopes, mounts, and sticks guys. great pics

Some nice rigs for sure. I like shooting in that weather , its good traning. If you can hit then , you can hit any time.

Nice rifles... But that looks a little too cold for my liking
smile.gif

Lee.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longbow_06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifles... But that looks a little too cold for my liking
smile.gif

Lee. </div></div>

We just love it, we are Vikings you know
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lill-rambo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longbow_06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifles... But that looks a little too cold for my liking
smile.gif

Lee. </div></div>

We just love it, we are Vikings you know
grin.gif
</div></div>

Where are the helmets with the horns?????
laugh.gif

0 degrees C, that's what I call commitment

0 C is pretty "warm" here during this season of the year and it will get much more cold
smile.gif

You mean this helmet?
1285653055469_700.jpg

grin.gif

Now that's how you shoot!! Nothing beats harsh climate outtings

btw Sharp looking kit for both rifles...after reading some reviews and seeing the pics, spending $400 on a Spuhr mount is tempting

I sit here in my shorts and a T-shirt and think to myself, Comifornia may be a shit hole, but damn glad I'm not sitting in the snow shooting!! Call me a pussy, but I rather take the heat over the snow any day!

Really good looking mounts!
John III

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBW#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sit here in my shorts and a T-shirt and think to myself, Comifornia may be a shit hole, but damn glad I'm not sitting in the snow shooting!! Call me a pussy, but I rather take the heat over the snow any day!

Really good looking mounts!
John III </div></div>

Pussy........you made me do it
grin.gif
I actually realy like shooting in the cold some times
crazy.gif

Cold doesn't bother me either. Half the time I'm hunting in the snow anyway. The thing that impresses me is getting that nice wooden stock all wet!

JO-Could you please supply some information on the sauer rifle? Did google search-cane up with a composite 2000 model. Called SIG-waiting for answer? tia barry

Barry

Its the competetion version of the sauer 200 SSG rifle.
Sold in Scandinavia as the Sauer 200 STR (Scandinavian Target rifle) and with diopter as their shooting dicipline not allows for scopes.
The main really good thing its the caliber, 6,5*55.
Serious long range performance but for a recoil much less than a .308.

Håkan

Thank You-Sauer is emailing home office to see if they will ship to US. Thank You Barry

I really like this mount. I've emailed Håkan Spuhr. He is very nice and his product appears to be high quality, stable, strong and functional.

I will be using this 4001 mount on my new SSG 08 in .308, which is not yet here, but will be by February!

Great looking setups. Clean, rigid, and very high quality. Swedish 7075 aluminum mount for european tac drivers. My favorite!

laugh.gif

'Driver

Great pictures guys! TRG's a definitely nice, but I love the Sauer. What a great looking rifle.

0 degrees C is 32 degrees Farenheit. I'm guessing it gets colder than that even in Georgia.