• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

First time at 2000 yards

😂
I remember when 1000 was a huge deal
Now I rarely shoot that close.

As a kid, I had a neighbor with a super nice 150 yard range that I could access any time. I remember the first time we went to a nearby range that went to 440 yards and all the trouble I had getting my 22LR on paper. Then I started learning ballistics and it all made sense.

Reactions: Steel head
As a kid, I had a neighbor with a super nice 150 yard range that I could access any time. I remember the first time we went to a nearby range that went to 440 yards and all the trouble I had getting my 22LR on paper. Then I started learning ballistics and it all made sense.
Yup, first time I really learned about wind was with my cousins .223 Ruger #1. I shot rodents all summer with my 270 130 grains
We started shooting with a 10mph(ish) wind and those 55 grainers were all over the place..

Last edited:
😂
I remember when 1000 was a huge deal
Now I rarely shoot that close.
Ain't that the truth. Buddy and I were laughing about that the other day the switch has been permanently flipped. In all reality it's not only easier for spotting, but a lot more fun going to mile plus when the FL mirage heats up. I can look at a live HD video with cam 40 feet from target+ video review......or try to spot hits at 1k through mirage thicker than Hillary's panty gravy.

That’s some bad gravy!

Seems like so long ago I was plinking away from 100, 200, 500, 700 then getting my ass handed to me with the 223.
Then getting the 260 and 700, 880 then the big day 1000.
That’s when the sloppy got awfully slippery!
328559FC-A325-4BB9-9AD3-F0316F3C44FF.jpeg

That’s some bad gravy!

Seems like so long ago I was plinking away from 100, 200, 500, 700 then getting my ass handed to me with the 223.
Then getting the 260 and 700, 880 then the big day 1000.
That’s when the sloppy got awfully slippery!
View attachment 7797146
Yea it gets soupy poopy down here with mirage. I swear the venues you shoot in are killing me. More mountain pics! I will say though the sun is out and we will be in low 80's by Thursday. Back to Reefs, board shorts and t-shirts!

I’m getting more snow and a high of 31 today. Be a month or more before I can get to my mountain spots. I got a few spots out in the sage county I’m hoping to get to this week
Well send em when ya can I'm jealous....or at least until my temps get back to 80:/

I shoot a lot at 1 mile and before today longest was 1900 yards today took it out to 2000 yards. Shot at that rock it's actually pretty small. Smaller than what we shoot at at 1 mile. I ended up hitting it 5 times but if it was bigger I'm guessing most targets are 24x24 at that distance I would of done better. But it's a start.
Hey SCHW15. I belong to a club where the mile and 2k plates are 3x3 to 4x6' The difference between the the 2 is frustratingly challenging.
What are you sending down range, and did you go 5 for 5?

Hey SCHW15. I belong to a club where the mile and 2k plates are 3x3 to 4x6' The difference between the the 2 is frustratingly challenging.
Haha no I did not go 5 for 5. I learned a lot though moving to 2k. The second time I did way better. The Rock I'm shooting isn't very big. I wish I had a 3x3 at 2k my percentage would be better. I'm shooting a 7mm-300 win mag 197 smk

Also where is that range lol

Also where is that range lol
Gotcha. JTAC Ranch is 1 hour east of Tampa. I'm still working with the PVA seneca solids in my 300WM, although I switched to 212's from the 241's.

I honestly would of never thought Florida having such a good range like that. Jealous a little but I would cook down there haha

Ahhhhh.....sigh. That is glorious scenery the mountains drop my blood pressure.

Jealous of all that public land you have in the US, nothing like that over here. One day I'll get myself over there and do some shooting. I like the look of Montana.

Reactions: jasent
Ahhhhh.....sigh. That is glorious scenery the mountains drop my blood pressure.
They sometimes raise mine. I work a lot in mountains and when you gotta walk straight up them carrying stuff I wish I was in a office haha then I get to the top and all the bad goes away

They sometimes raise mine. I work a lot in mountains and when you gotta walk straight up them carrying stuff I wish I was in a office haha then I get to the top and all the bad goes away
Yea worth it though! My annual Canadian Rockies trip is now coming up on 3 years of 'hold'. Maybe these vag I mean vax requirements will end at some point. British Columbia - Elk River 2019:

1643740509393.jpeg

1643740542682.jpeg

Tamps FL? How are those going any luck?
So I had a hard time spinning up the 241's to the recommended 2810fps, and when I did, had the usual isuues (rough numbers, rough grouping, signs of overpressure). So after 500 rounds, I took Josh's advice and went down to the 112's(which suspiciously weigh <210.50gr). So far, ive brewed up a load of 69.5 of RL-22 spinning out my 1:7 28" tube at 2950fps. Results were 8ES and 3.1SD in 5 rnd string. Group size .85(100). So I made another 20 and will prove it this weekend at the 500 before taking it out to the 1300. if all goes well, I'm heading back to Tampa while weather is nice. Yes, Florida has some very nice gun Ranges. Homestead Training Center(500), Tradecraft Range(1300), and JTAC(2000)

Reactions: Schw15
So I had a hard time spinning up the 241's to the recommended 2810fps, and when I did, had the usual isuues (rough numbers, rough grouping, signs of overpressure). So after 500 rounds, I took Josh's advice and went down to the 112's(which suspiciously weigh <210.50gr). So far, ive brewed up a load of 69.5 of RL-22 spinning out my 1:7 28" tube at 2950fps. Results were 8ES and 3.1SD in 5 rnd string. Group size .85(100). So I made another 20 and will prove it this weekend at the 500 before taking it out to the 1300. if all goes well, I'm heading back to Tampa while weather is nice. Yes, Florida has some very nice gun Ranges. Homestead Training Center(500), Tradecraft Range(1300), and JTAC(2000)
Hopefully those 212 work out for you