• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flashlight recommendation/help please

Re: Flashlight recommendation/help please

Check out browning tactical flash light they are a great deal bought mine and took them to Front Sight and they worked with out any flaws.

I have both the G2 & E2D Defender.

I have a few G2s in my vehicles & home.

The defender I carry for work all over the country. It will illuminate the top of the tail of a B737 on the darkest & stormiest nights. It has never failed me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I retrofit my Surefire bodies with cree LED lenses and I'm happy wit the result </div></div>

I do exactly the same thing and it's a really cheap way to get a 250lumen light with good battery life. My G2 and 6P both have them.

I also have a Malkoff Devices Wildcat and THAT's a good torch. More flood than spot but it's horses for courses...

That Bushnell HD light that CKA talked about looks pretty cool also

SureFire:
New 6PX or G2X available in October 2010
6PX - Tactical 200 lumens single output. $69 retail
6PX - Pro 15 lumen low, 200 lumen high $79 retail
G2X - Tactical 200 lumens single output. $55 retail
G2X - Pro 15 lumen low, 200 lumen high $65 retail
all new design will replace the current 120 lumen G2 and 6P.
They do not have a pocket clip.

If you want a pocket clip go with one of the following:
E1B backup - one battery
110 lumens Max Output
5 lumens Low Output
1.3 hours Tactical-Level Runtime
$139 retail
or
LX2 LumaMax® Dual-Output LED
200 lumens Max Output
15 lumens Low Output
2.0 hours Tactical-Level Runtime
$195 retail
or
E2D LED Defender® Dual-Output LED
200 lumens Max Output
5 lumens Low Output
1.9 hours Tactical-Level Runtime
$165 retail

you should also check out LED LENSER. I use a T7 model everyday at work, the battery life is good and it has a very good focused beam. best of all Lowe's started carrying them about six month's ago and you can pick one up for 40-70 bucks. I have dropped mine in water, of a lift truck etc and it still works great.

Personally, my first choice has been and will be SureFire. I have a SureFire E2D that I've owned for close to 10 years now, and it has been a great tool and stood up to everything I have put it through. It's been dropped more than a few times, gotten wet, been accidentally plowed into a snow bank where it sat for nearly 2 months before I found it (batteries were still good and the light was in perfect working order).
On one occasion I actually had to use the strike bezel defensively and found it to be a <span style="font-style: italic">very</span> effective tool.
My E2D has never let me down.
Depending on your needs, there may be other models that are a better fit for you personally, but I can say from experienece that SureFire lights will stand up to use that would kill many less expensive lights.

The second reason I would recommend SureFire is this:
I posted the following picture awhile back on another thread (not flashlight related, something about favorite folders or EDC).
zo2hg.jpg

You may or may not notice in the picture that the pocket clip on my light is missing. Well, Chucky (of SureFire Military Sales and a Hide member) noticed. I recieved a PM from him saying he had seen the picture and noticed my pocket clip was missing and wanted to know if I would like him to send me a replacement! I sent him my address and he put the replacement order in immediately.
The clip had broken several years ago and I had asked a couple local dealers about getting a replacement, but never had any luck. I honestly never thought about contacting SureFire over such a little thing, but Chuck was looking out for me!
When was the last time someone from a company took the time to contact you to provide great customer service when you weren't even looking for it?
Not only am I confident in my light, I'm confident that if I ever do have a problem, that SureFire will take care of me.

By the way, Chucky: If you read this, I got the clip in the mail yesterday (within 3 days of you contacting me). Thanks again for your help.

Attention to detail like that earns my business as well. +1 for surefire.

Surefire has been good to me.

Being a lowbed driver, I needed bright light in a small package, tough as nails, and reliable. AND MADE IN THE USA

I originally started out with Halogen 6P's, and then picked up an E1, E2 Outdoorsman, and Saint Minimus. My personal fav being the E1& E2.

I use my lights on a daily basis, and have yet to have a failure.
Customer service is also second to none.

Have had a surefire centurion on me for thousands of hours of flying in the AF. Tough to beat, and tough to break. Almost too bright in the cockpit but couldnt afford the pilot version with the dual output leds but still a great light!

I would highly recommend the Fenix Lights. I personally use the TA21 tactical light and LOVE IT. It has 12 different modes including STROBE with a max of 225 lumens which is insanely bight. I believe I spent just under $100 for it.

Check out their home page as well because they have a handful of different lights and accessories so that you can connect the light to a rifle. Fenix Lights

I have had great luck with Streamlight.

I use two different ones they make.

One on my duty belt...

Stinger DS LED HD

and one in my bag for a backup...

Strion LED

a buddy I work with uses this one

PoloyStinger DS

We can see into vehicles with the darkest tint and it really gives you an edge at night when you shine potential problems in the face...I can light up alleys over a block away.

Solid lights that have been through the winters and rain and even sand a salt water. they are exposed to the elements almost every night.

my .02

Respectfully,

--KJ

Surefire E1B, the best 50 bucks I spent when it first came out. Too bad they're retailing for 150 now. Regardless the light is the cats meow

Fenix TA21. My EDC and work light. Love the thing, bright has different modes depending on what your doing, has strobe feature which really works wonders on perps.

Thats my vote

surefire E2L outdoorsman is my EDC light. i accidentally left it out in the rain for 3 days and it hasnt skipped a beat since. i have only had it for 5 months so far. so far so good.

duck tape on a maglight..."the weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability. If it doesnt work, you can always hit him with it."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Amacron</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surefire G2 LED is a great light </div></div>
I was looking at getting a new G2 LED and they upgraded from 80 lumen to 120 lumen (in the store I couldn't relly tell THAT much of a difference). Then I was told that Surefire was coming out with a 200 lumen model....decided to wait.

I use a E1B Outdoorsman ALOT. It clips on a hat for a head light when hunting or changing handlines in the dark with the dual mode it does not really mess with your night vision on low but can brighten up the night on high with a simple click. I have a E2B but it stays in the glove box and the E1B goes in the field all the time.

Pat

i have a surefire E2D executive defender and a 6P led defender. I also have the surefire fore end for my 870, i love both never had a problem with any of them there the best flashlight ive had and they have taken a beating

I need a recommendation for a flashlight.

https://www.gearhunder.com/best-tactical-flashlight/

I like the tacticool ones because while aluminum with flesh cutters/window breakers on the bezels look cool for mall ninjas, they also hold up well.

I got a Streamlight TLR 1s for my handgun and last night i blinded myself with the strobe on it. Im so impressed with the quality/brightness of the light, i want a flashlight as bright as it. What are you guys using? this will be for everything. something a good bit smaller than my dim ass 6 D cell mag light would be awesome. im just so disappointed with the xenon bulbs in my maglights, i want a light as bright as this Stream

Fenix is also my first recommended brand. It is absolutely cost-effective, durable, super bright, and easy to operate. The price I got was about $ 60. Secondly, I would recommend GearLight, which also has 1000 lumens, for less than $ 20. Since I work in various lofts and crawl spaces, I often need to use a flashlight, and I have tried almost all types of flashlights. Ultimately, considering battery life, water resistance, and brightness, I think Fenix is one of the better choices than other flashlights.

You do realize this thread is 10 years old I’m sure the man found a flashlight by now

Reactions: Pre-64