• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Flat Trigger - Finger slips

Nice try AI pleb.

He's 'trying' to shoot a RPR.

ALL OF YOU IGNORANT UNSKILLED IDIOT LIBERAL CUCKS ARE DODGING THE QUESTION!!!!

Why is my finger slipping off the trigger during recoil if serrated triggers exist and a pistol shooter uses them in his pistols?!?!?
lol

Keep dodging

I’m bored, so I’ll play your little game. What if an anonymous Miculek posted asking this question? The answer is simple.

First, being an amazing pistol shooter is not the same as honing precision rifle skills, as someone else mentioned previously. However, if he anonymously asked what you asked, he would be given real, raw advice on how to alleviate that problem much like you were.

The difference is that if he were posting for help, he’d probably be grateful to receive it and would actually look at himself objectively and incorporate suggestions rather than brushing them off as, “They just don’t know I’m high master!!”

Fundamentals are intertwined with physics. The physics around your rifle aren’t magically different from the physics around the countless other shooters who have previously experienced, and then fixed, the problem you’re having.

This people of this site (myself excluded, I’m a toddler compared to most here) are a collective bastion of knowledge and experience and it’s nobody’s loss but your own if you let your ego get in the way of actually learning and improving from others.

Back to your ridiculous example. So what if Jerry uses a serrated trigger? I’m not sure why he uses one as I haven’t researched that or asked him. Are you certain he uses one because, “his finger slips off the trigger?” Isn’t it possible he uses one just because it’s more comfortable to him, or it’s easier and quicker for him to consistently have the same grip and have his trigger finger placed identically every time?

Furthermore, did you know you can have a fundamental flaw in your shooting execution and still land on target provided you are consistent? It’s crazy, I know!

Nobody claimed you were a bad shot or said anything negative about you initially. You mentioned a problem you’re having and people used their experience and knowledge to help you understand why that problem is occurring. The laws of physics don’t cease to exist on your shooting table, and they’re not magically different from everyone else’s.

Whether or not you choose to accept that fact, check your ego, and then work toward improving your fundamentals so that this problem (and other underlying problems you may not even know exist for you) can be corrected is entirely up to you. I’m certain that I and many others couldn’t care less which way you go.

I will never understand why people ask for advice and then belittle the people who are kind enough to donate their time and knowledge for free. It takes a special kind of self-absorbed prick to do that. What ever happened to just saying “thanks for the advice” and simply not using it if you really feel it doesn’t apply?

Anyway, good luck with fixing your issue.

Jerry is at the top because he can analyze a situation and make the adjustments necessary to correct a problem. Not because some of the many different firearms he's set records with may or may not have had serrated triggers.

Last edited:
I’m bored, so I’ll play your little game. What if an anonymous Miculek posted asking this question? The answer is simple.

First, being an amazing pistol shooter is not the same as honing precision rifle skills, as someone else mentioned previously. However, if he anonymously asked what you asked, he would be given real, raw advice on how to alleviate that problem much like you were.

The difference is that if he were posting for help, he’d probably be grateful to receive it and would actually look at himself objectively and incorporate suggestions rather than brushing them off as, “They just don’t know I’m high master!!”

Fundamentals are intertwined with physics. The physics around your rifle aren’t magically different from the physics around the countless other shooters who have previously experienced, and then fixed, the problem you’re having.

This people of this site (myself excluded, I’m a toddler compared to most here) are a collective bastion of knowledge and experience and it’s nobody’s loss but your own if you let your ego get in the way of actually learning and improving from others.

Back to your ridiculous example. So what if Jerry uses a serrated trigger? I’m not sure why he uses one as I haven’t researched that or asked him. Are you certain he uses one because, “his finger slips off the trigger?” Isn’t it possible he uses one just because it’s more comfortable to him, or it’s easier and quicker for him to consistently have the same grip and have his trigger finger placed identically every time?

Furthermore, did you know you can have a fundamental flaw in your shooting execution and still land on target provided you are consistent? It’s crazy, I know!

Nobody claimed you were a bad shot or said anything negative about you initially. You mentioned a problem you’re having and people used their experience and knowledge to help you understand why that problem is occurring. The laws of physics don’t cease to exist on your shooting table, and they’re not magically different from everyone else’s.

Whether or not you choose to accept that fact, check your ego, and then work toward improving your fundamentals so that this problem (and other underlying problems you may not even know exist for you) can be corrected is entirely up to you. I’m certain that I and many others couldn’t care less which way you go.

I will never understand why people ask for advice and then belittle the people who are kind enough to donate their time and knowledge for free. It takes a special kind of self-absorbed prick to do that. What ever happened to just saying “thanks for the advice” and simply not using it if you really feel it doesn’t apply?

You’re dodging the question! lol

Jerry is at the top because he can analyze a situation and make the adjustments necessary to correct a problem. Not because some of the many different firearms he's set records with may or may not have had serrated triggers.

The Miculek example is perfect for this discussion. Whether it’s pistol or revolver or precision shooting or life, it’s all about pushing the limits as far as you can go while being successful.

Here is a discussion from the Brian Enos forum:

“Ron, have you seen the "Ultimate Revolver" video, by Magill? Jerry explains why he uses a serrated trigger. Basically it comes down to this:

He strokes the trigger with the pad of his finger (top). Reason for doing this is that you can make a smaller movement with the finger to complete the stroke. To keep the pad of his finger in place, he uses a serrated trigger. With a smooth trigger his finger would be "all over the place" as he puts it.”

Miculek pushes the limit. He shoots fast and uses the top pad of his finger in order to maximize his shooting ability. He explains that he would NOT be able to do that with a normal trigger.

So let’s go back ~30 years and imagine that Jerry posted on some forum (assume internet back then) that his finger was slipping because of the smooth trigger and asked for advice about how to better grip the trigger.

Then some know-it-all posters told him it’s because of his fundamentals and he needs to fix them. And that he should use his smooth trigger because serrated triggers are just a gimmick.

WHAT if Jerry decided to listen to these know-it-alls and never explored a serrated trigger or any other enhancements? And he decided to shoot slower, shoot on his joint, etc.

He wouldn’t be who he is today.

Think for yourself. Not some know-it-alls on a forum that have never seen you shoot, and don’t know anything about you. Innovation comes from pushing the limits.

Thats all well and dandy. But its not at all whats happening in this thread.

The equivalent would be Jerry posting on the hypothetical forum 30 years ago that he couldn't hit shit with his revolver and that a mirror polish on the whole gun would fix his problems. Posters would then respond by telling him to polish away, nothing wrong with a shiny gun, but thats not the root of the problem. If Jerry was smart (he is) he would go back to the drawing board and fix the real problem. If Jerry was you (he's not) he would get mad and point at the time he saw Jeff Cooper with a shiny gun.

The Miculek example is perfect for this discussion. Whether it’s pistol or revolver or precision shooting or life, it’s all about pushing the limits as far as you can go while being successful.

“Ron, have you seen the "Ultimate Revolver" video, by Magill? Jerry explains why he uses a serrated trigger. Basically it comes down to this:

He strokes the trigger with the pad of his finger (top). Reason for doing this is that you can make a smaller movement with the finger to complete the stroke. To keep the pad of his finger in place, he uses a serrated trigger. With a smooth trigger his finger would be "all over the place" as he puts it.”

Miculek pushes the limit. He shoots fast and uses the top pad of his finger in order to maximize his shooting ability. He explains that he would NOT be able to do that with a normal trigger.

So let’s go back ~30 years and imagine that Jerry posted on some forum (assume internet back then) that his finger was slipping because of the smooth trigger and asked for advice about how to better grip the trigger.

Then some know-it-all posters told him it’s because of his fundamentals and he needs to fix them. And that he should use his smooth trigger because serrated triggers are just a gimmick.

WHAT if Jerry decided to listen to these know-it-alls and never explored a serrated trigger or any other enhancements? And he decided to shoot slower, shoot on his joint, etc.

Think for yourself. Not some know-it-alls on a forum that have never seen you shoot, and don’t know anything about you. Innovation comes from pushing the limits.

Dude you described the problem you were having as well as the conditions and action of the system during and after recoil.

You aren’t infallible and you clearly can’t grasp that. You say we are a bunch of know it alls but yet you don’t know any of our backgrounds (just as we don’t know yours). But guess what, backgrounds don’t matter and aren’t applicable to this situation. ...because the situation you described doesn’t require the shooters background.

People have given you possible solutions. Rather than run your egotistical arrogant mouth, why don’t stoop down to our liberal commoner level and try some of the suggested actions at the range. Then, if they don’t work for you, come back and be like “hey guys thanks for the feedback but none of those suggestions fixed the issue I’m having.” That way you’d then have a leg to stand on and others would be able to try to think of other suggestions.

But the fucked up thing, and reason why we are calling you out, is that it’s clear you’re blind to what you’re doing wrong because you can’t understand why we are recommending these solutions. Anyone who has any sort of experience or even basic understanding of the fundamentals can read the situation and immediately see the most likely issues.

It’s fucking people like you that blame everything but yourself and then turn around and buy every random thing you can to mask your errors or buy shit because [Shooter] uses it. It’s the Indian, not the arrow.

Drop the ego, be a grown adult, and either try the suggested actions for yourself or just stop being a piece of shit for fucks sake.

Note:
I know this is all just white noise to someone like you but at least this thread may have helped other shooters who are willing to learn and explore options. ...that and they know to be weary of any advice you may offer in other threads.

I wanted to do an experiment today to try and duplicate the OP’s problem so I can help him solve this issue once and for all. I put anal ease on my trigger finger and commenced to hitting targets out to 750 yards. My finger never slipped off the trigger once. ?‍♂️

I wanted to do an experiment today to try and duplicate the OP’s problem so I can help him solve this issue once and for all. I put anal ease on my trigger finger and commenced to hitting targets out to 750 yards. My finger never slipped off the trigger once. ?‍♂️

Maybe you should send that lube to the OP.

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper
This is great.

Why don’t one of you know-it-alls summarize your amazing tips (which I never asked for). We can have a list for future people so they know what amazing advice was provided from you amazing shooters

Oh also, shot today at the same range today, it wasn’t raining. Didn’t have anything close to the same issue. Although I did shoot from the rifle range instead of the pistol benches today! Amazing how I didn’t have an issue doing the same exact thing. You geniuses have an answer to that?

Last edited:
  • Haha
This is great.

Why don’t one of you know-it-alls summarize your amazing tips (which I never asked for). We can have a list for future people so they know what amazing advice was provided from you amazing shooters

OK...........I'll give it a go.......

I've been shooting Jewell triggers for over 20 years. All smooth shoes. I must be pulling straight back because I've never had a slip. Like everyone else, I've pulled shots. But, I knew it at the time and couldn't blame anyone other than myself.

Simple enough ? (oh, BTW, I'm not a "know-it-all", or an "amazing advice" type of person). But, I tend to side with all the "smartasses" here (myself included). It's painful to watch/listen to someone who comes on, looking for advice, then starts trying to school those who have experience.

This is great.

Oh also, shot today at the same range today, it wasn’t raining. Didn’t have anything close to the same issue. Although I did shoot from the rifle range instead of the pistol benches today! Amazing how I didn’t have an issue doing the same exact thing. You geniuses have an answer to that?

Lol.

My first post was entirely serious and I’m totally standing by it.

Simply stated the first place to look for problems like that.

Dude I know, you’re absolutely right and I 100% agree with you. My post was directed at the OP, not you. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Reactions: Steel head
Dude I know, you’re absolutely right and I 100% agree with you. My post was directed at the OP, not you. Sorry if there was any confusion.
There was no confusion.
Just sayin OP asked for help and a lot of people and I gave advice all of us learned from hard earned experience or instruction and the OP has a hissy fit.

There was no confusion.
Just sayin OP asked for help and a lot of people and I gave advice all of us learned from hard earned experience or instruction and the OP has a hissy fit.

Ah ok cause you posted that in a response with a quote of my post lol. I’ve also started drinking for the night so it might be me lol. The OP is a lost cause. I’m just here to watch it burn at this point.

Ah ok cause you posted that in a response with a quote of my post lol. I’ve also started drinking for the night so it might be me lol. The OP is a lost cause. I’m just here to watch it burn at this point.

You knuckleheads should start arguing with yourselves now. Would be fitting

• Love
I'm a new shooter, and not wanting to add fuel to the fire, but I just watched lowlight's training video on recoil management, and when on a bench, with a slick surface, even with fundamentals, it's pretty challenging. All of the fundamentals and perfect sight picture, straight back recoil was shown in training vid 1 & 2 in prone positions, but when he was showing the ways to shoot from the bench that's slippery, it wasn't nearly as pretty. He mentioned getting about a 1mil shift in eye sight due to recoil, and having to have to reposition after every shot. That kind of movement, could cause a trigger finger to slip. There wasn't any good answer, he had some alternate methods, switching the rear back hand to the fore-end and pulling back, or gripping the rifle like a pistol (both hands on the grip)..

Reactions: Smoketheclay
I'm a new shooter, and not wanting to add fuel to the fire, but I just watched lowlight's training video on recoil management, and when on a bench, with a slick surface, even with fundamentals, it's pretty challenging. All of the fundamentals and perfect sight picture, straight back recoil was shown in training vid 1 & 2 in prone positions, but when he was showing the ways to shoot from the bench that's slippery, it wasn't nearly as pretty. He mentioned getting about a 1mil shift in eye sight due to recoil, and having to have to reposition after every shot. That kind of movement, could cause a trigger finger to slip. There wasn't any good answer, he had some alternate methods, switching the rear back hand to the fore-end and pulling back, or gripping the rifle like a pistol (both hands on the grip)..
Once again, environment dictates position. Shooting off of a bag alleviates bipod slippage on slick surfaces. Regardless, the OP asked for feedback and didn’t like the responses he got.

This is great.

Yep, your fundamentals suck.

Asking why something happened in perfect conditions is retarded.

“Why could I see my target perfectly when there wasn’t a mirage?”

Same shit as “why did my finger stay in the trigger when I had perfect conditions that don’t require me to hammer down on my fundamentals.”

Also, you retarded fuck, miculek uses a serrated trigger because you literally slap the trigger in that game. So it is possible that your finger slipping off the trigger is a possibility.

Different type of shooting, different problems.

Here’s a hint, you’re slapping the trigger, not managing recoil, and likely not loading bipod correctly.

No. No no.

1 mil shift is extremely minor movement.

Seriously, people shoot of slick car hoods in the rain without a problem. You just don’t attempt to load the bipod the same way.

I’m sure you mean well, but don’t pull the “I’m a new shooter but I saw a video.”

Yep, your fundamentals suck.

Asking why something happened in perfect conditions is retarded.

“Why could I see my target perfectly when there wasn’t a mirage?”

Same shit as “why did my finger stay in the trigger when I had perfect conditions that don’t require me to hammer down on my fundamentals.”

Also, you retarded fuck, miculek uses a serrated trigger because you literally slap the trigger in that game. So it is possible that your finger slipping off the trigger is a possibility.

Different type of shooting, different problems.

Here’s a hint, you’re slapping the trigger, not managing recoil, and likely not loading bipod correctly.

• Haha

Holy shit, you’re an idiot.