• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flat Trigger - Finger slips

Also, everyone else who isn’t retarded, keep in mind that some very, very amazing shooters don’t necessarily know how to articulate how or why they do things.

Case in point since miculek was brought up. One of his videos on grip and controlling the recoil of a pistol he basically just says “I hold it tight and don’t let it move.” Thanks Jerry........

Happens in every game and/or sport out there. You can become very good at something without doing it textbook perfect. Many times they think they are doing something and they actually aren’t. They just are not aware of what they are actually doing. Nothing wrong with that. Just remember:

Skill does not necessarily equal knowledge or the ability to articulate what they are doing and why.

I can go right now to a guy who will shoot the center out of most any target with his pistol at 25yds. But he can’t tell you why or how. Nothing wrong with that, he’s an awesome shooter. But he’s not an instructor and does not possess the ability to articulate......most anything.

Make sure you pick your mentors or instructors well. Some of the best instructors aren’t out there winning competitions, and some of the worst instructors are actually winning.

Last edited:
No. No no.

1 mil shift is extremely minor movement.

Seriously, people shoot of slick car hoods in the rain without a problem. You just don’t attempt to load the bipod the same way.

I’m sure you mean well, but don’t pull the “I’m a new shooter but I saw a video.”
In addition to all your other trash in this thread...

1. You have yet to summarize for new shooters the amazing advice given in this thread. Numbered or bullet pointed.

2. You ought to explain how someone shoots from a sitting position off a car hood.

3. Take your own advice and not attack the poster trying to help you.

1. You have yet to summarize for new shooters the amazing advice given in this thread. Numbered or bullet pointed.

2. You ought to explain how someone shoots from a sitting position off a car hood.

Dude reading comprehension saves lives.

Reactions: WATERWALKER
There's a video in the online training section where Frank shows some students having problems with fingers slipping off the trigger under recoil, and then shows the fix for it. I'm not a "high master", but you might want to check that out? Spoiler alert, it's not the texture of their trigger faces...

Jerry runs a serrated trigger on his revolvers... the revolver also has at least a 7# DA pull, and, what, an inch or so of movement? Seems applicable to a sub-2# trigger that moves, at most, 1/8 of an inch. :rolleyes:

@Dthomas3523 - while it's true that some people slap the trigger in USPSA/IPSC, it's not a "rule". TGO and some others definitely lose contact with the trigger during reset - whether or not what they do during the next trigger pull is "slapping" is maybe up for discussion. I ride the trigger, myself (as do a number of other folks), and don't generally slap. As long as you're not disturbing sight alignment during the trigger pull, it doesn't really matter (but not disturbing the sight picture with your trigger movement is not as easy as it sounds).

BTW - WTF shooting game has a "high master", anyway? I've been a Master, and am currently a Grand Master (USPSA), but never heard of a "high master". Is that, like, Snoop Dogg or Willie Nelson level shit, or.... ???

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper
There's a video in the online training section where Frank shows some students having problems with fingers slipping off the trigger under recoil, and then shows the fix for it. I'm not a "high master", but you might want to check that out? Spoiler alert, it's not the texture of their trigger faces...

Jerry runs a serrated trigger on his revolvers... the revolver also has at least a 7# DA pull, and, what, an inch or so of movement? Seems applicable to a sub-2# trigger that moves, at most, 1/8 of an inch. :rolleyes:

@Dthomas3523 - while it's true that some people slap the trigger in USPSA/IPSC, it's not a "rule". TGO and some others definitely lose contact with the trigger during reset - whether or not what they do during the next trigger pull is "slapping" is maybe up for discussion. I ride the trigger, myself (as do a number of other folks), and don't generally slap. As long as you're not disturbing sight alignment during the trigger pull, it doesn't really matter (but not disturbing the sight picture with your trigger movement is not as easy as it sounds).

BTW - WTF shooting game has a "high master", anyway? I've been a Master, and am currently a Grand Master (USPSA), but never heard of a "high master". Is that, like, Snoop Dogg or Willie Nelson level shit, or.... ???

High master is a classification at the bong Olympics.

In all fairness, I have heard of folks texturing a trigger to provide better feel for where their finger is on the trigger face (leading to better consistency). I use a TT Diamond Pro Curve for similar reasons (the wider face with sharper edges allows me to really feel the trigger face). But, I've never heard of anyone in precision rifle or any other shooting discipline (where they're not running a DA revolver trigger) adding texture to their trigger face because their finger is slipping off of it.

Reactions: M8541Reaper

ALL OF YOU IGNORANT UNSKILLED IDIOT LIBERAL CUCKS ARE DODGING THE QUESTION!!!!

Why is my finger slipping off the trigger during recoil if serrated triggers exist and a pistol shooter uses them in his pistols?!?!?
lol

Magnets.

P.S. - Dthomas is gay unless he comes in this thread within the next 24 hours and says otherwise. Obviously if he doesn't reply in the next 24, he's totally admitting just how fucking gay he is.

Only thing I’d use my name for is to get a date with the redhead they had in the last round of commercials.

Reactions: Tucker301
Interdasting. Custom title...:ROFLMAO:

Good thing I don’t have that power, it would without a doubt be abused.

Reactions: Tucker301
I heard he RO's at lot of matches too :LOL:

That goes to a lot of people, not just one. There's a ton of good shooteres that stay off the forums, and it's not because of Frank. Too many fake ass experts nowadays. Goes the same with dudes cracking the top 10 at a 2-Day match, then all of the sudden, they're instructors. GTFO. Stay in your lane.

I love coming on here with some popcorn though......... lol

I was going to just let this ugly thread die, but realized it might help others in a similar situation.

I’ve taken my rifle out twice since the original issue of my finger slipping and while I haven’t been able to repeat the serious slippage (it was raining off a soaked, slick bench), I did have slight slippage today with a little gun oil on my finger.

So what is the issue:

1. This trigger has serious overtravel. Overtravel from the second stage break to end of overtravel movement is: .13 inches

2. Travel from the start of stage 1 to the end is .3 inches.

Here is the kicker: because the trigger is flat, as the trigger is pulled the exact middle of the trigger finger’s placement moves as the trigger moves back.

The movement amounts to .1 inches down IF YOU PULL STRAIGHT BACK. If you pull in an upward motion, then the issue will NOT happen.

So, in sum: if a flat trigger has too much overtravel you might have to compensate by pulling upward, not straight back, which is very bad.

I’ll be switching to a curved trigger with hopefully reduced overtravel.

I was going to just let this ugly thread die, but realized it might help others in a similar situation.

I’ve taken my rifle out twice since the original issue of my finger slipping and while I haven’t been able to repeat the serious slippage (it was raining off a soaked, slick bench), I did have slight slippage today with a little gun oil on my finger.

So what is the issue:

1. This trigger has serious overtravel. Overtravel from the second stage break to end of overtravel movement is: .13 inches

Here is the kicker: because the trigger is flat, as the trigger is pulled the exact middle of the trigger finger’s placement moves as the trigger moves back.

The movement amounts to .1 inches down IF YOU PULL STRAIGHT BACK. If you pull in an upward motion, then the issue will NOT happen.

So, in sum: if a flat trigger has too much overtravel you might have to compensate by pulling upward, not straight back, which is very bad.

Why not the triggertech flat? Has a stop at the bottom.

So what is the issue:

??? So why don't you just shoot a curved trigger, or not let your finger slip?

As my old shooting partner used to say, when I asked about how to correct a problem I was having, he'd simply say "Easy. Don't do that."

If you trigger finger is slipping...don't do that. Or go get another trigger.

See? Problem fixed. Now perhaps this thread can die...