• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Flute or no flute Bartlein 3B

Archer 6

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2018
I’m having a hunting setup put together in 6.5 PRC. I’m looking at a 3B contour finished at roughly 23” with the brake. I’m looking to put in a KRG Bravo stock. Would there spiral flutes be beneficial in saving much weight or should I run barrel as normal? Thanks

If it matters, the folks at Straight Jacket Armory consider 3B contour to be roughly equivalent to the Seekins Havak PH barrel. You're already at 23" - unless you really need another few ounces, you're probably straight.

I would be curious to know where you finish, weight wise. You've got the potential for a roughly 7.5-8lb rig, before optics - so, I'd think you're set.

I’m having a hunting setup put together in 6.5 PRC. I’m looking at a 3B contour finished at roughly 23” with the brake. I’m looking to put in a KRG Bravo stock. Would there spiral flutes be beneficial in saving much weight or should I run barrel as normal? Thanks

If you wanted to throw money at the problem, save a bunch of weight, and look neat AF start with a truck axle and do this:

LRI has a calculator if you really wanted to see what the weight savings would be.

If it matters, the folks at Straight Jacket Armory consider 3B contour to be roughly equivalent to the Seekins Havak PH barrel. You're already at 23" - unless you really need another few ounces, you're probably straight.

Thanks for all your responses. I may just leave barrel ‘as is’. I was worried about an already small profile looking like a drill bit. However, I was trying explore options to shave weight.

I would be curious to know where you finish, weight wise. You've got the potential for a roughly 7.5-8lb rig, before optics - so, I'd think you're set.

I had twisted barrel flute my Bartlein 2B barrel and its great. Mounted it in a Manners and weighs in at 6.5lbs no scope
FF6376AF-A1CE-4D0F-8D95-800213C8121D.jpeg

Check out the weight reducing pattern that LRI has come up with. I believe they call it pattern x.

Reactions: BCX
That is a nice looking setup. What’s the weight?