• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I think the main reasons are availability of ammo and price. Plus, if you want a varmint rifle, there is the 17 class of rifles, then the 22lr and .223's that will do everything the 5.7x28 will at half the cost. It is a neat idea, and if you have the ammo and abilities, I'd say go for it just because.

availability, and there are just better options out there for varminting.

Savage actually chambered the model 25 walking varminter in the 5.7x28. It's a fugly little action but it'll get the job done nicely. I enjoy the 5.7 in my PS90, If savage made the model 25 in Left Hand, I'd have one now.

t

I grabbed a 5.7 upper with 2 mags before this whole "omg guns are bad!" bs... Love it, but worst timing ever. I can feed my .50 before I can feed my 5.7.

I grabbed a 5.7 upper with 2 mags before this whole "omg guns are bad!" bs... Love it, but worst timing ever. I can feed my .50 before I can feed my 5.7.

Aint that the truth, 5.7 ammo is like pixie dust, unicorn blood & unobtanium wrapped into a little black & blue box... damn it :)

t

It is INSANE, that .50BMG is cheaper than 5.7, of course some idiot on gun broker has listed PMC 660g for $95 a box, I listed a reply that anyone that wanted to pay $95 a box I would sell my case at $38 a box, he sent me an email that had more 4 letter words than 5 letter words.

A nice little bolt would be just the ticket for shooting PD at 100yds and under.
I would like one that would use pistol mags and make it as light as possible. Granted that will never happen. I guess I will keep shooting my 22hornet for those shots.