• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

FN/SPR loads?

Am180man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2008
Missouri
I did a search for loads specific to the FN/SPR 308 rifles and didn't come up with anything. I thought I saved some of the pages, but no luck. I remember reading some time back about the SPR's really liking the 155 Scenars. Is anyone willing to share their favorite loads for this wonderful platform? I'd appreciate any input on improving the tried and true Federal Gold Match 168's.
Steve

Re: FN/SPR loads?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Am180man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd appreciate any input on improving the tried and true Federal Gold Match 168's.</div></div>FGMM 175's.

My SPR seems to do about the same with any bullet I've tried. Have found that max is pretty high for this rifle.

Here are the pressure limits I've found in mine in IVI 70 brass, powder is Varget in all cases:

168smk - over 47.5gr, never found "max"
175smk - over 47gr, never found "max"
180smk - 45gr
155scenar - 49.5gr, case wall filled to brim, couldn't fit any more, no pressure signs
155smk (2156) - 49.5gr, again, case filled, no pressure

A buddy of mine just bought one of those. He's not a reloader, yet..:D

Trigger on that thing is a beast!

He did not try my 155 loads but his rifle definitely liked my 175 and 178 loads:

44.8 grains Varget
Win. Brass
BR2 primers