• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fn spr tbm conversion worth it?

chevytruck_83

Student of the sport
Minuteman
May 3, 2013
I’m starting to realize the factory magazine isn’t very good. It only holds four and it loads very hard. So my question is, is the fn tbm magazine conversion any good and would it work with the problematic short fat rounds like the 6br or would I be better off buying parts for a build complete build and leave the fn alone? I did find a 125 grain load that shoots extremely well.

I went with the CDI bottom metal and have used it for years without a problem, However it is in 308.

I went with the TBM conversion when I had my FN changed from a 308 to 6.5. I haven't had any feed issues so far, but the 6br might be another story.

The TBM feeds flawlessly with 308 cases, it’s ridiculously nice. It doesn’t seem quite as smooth with 6.5 cm, it “jumps” somewhat out of the mag compared to the 308. I think this is because the Creedmoor has less taper. Sometimes this “jump” makes it bounce out of the extractor on mine making it function like a push feed. You honestly probably wouldn’t notice unless you were trying to show off the advantages of the CRF action in slow-mo and it fails to eject a round before it’s chambered. It might be more severe with a short case but you could probably alter the follower slightly to fix.