• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FN Spr value

INgunner54

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Anybody know what a FN SPR should bring? I believe its an A1. 24"barrel 308 McMillan A3 stock, has been upgraded to the TBM bottom metal. Round count is less than 300. Trying to decide if I want to part with it or not. It shoots great but I'm left handed and am kicking around the idea of finally building a nicer lefty rifle.

I’ve seen them go anywhere from $1,000-$2,000 depending on condition. FN has discontinued these and it’s been on my short list for a long while.

Here’s what the link above leads to:
1577466448799.png

Was it bedded or threaded by anyone special?

Probably around $1000 in any case, perhaps slightly less. Resale on these rifles has fallen in the past three years. I would think the relative lack of aftermarket support and proliferation of decent, inexpensive mass produced rifles has something to do with it. The 1/12 twist, even though it is fine in most cases, also seems to be a sticking point. They are also not candidates for garage rebarrel jobs or barrel nut systems.

I sold one last year with just over 1000rds through it. It had been worked over by Short Action Customs with a new bolt knob, cerakoted barrel/bolt/action, threaded muzzle, inletted for AICS magazines, in an XLR evolution chassis. It sat for 6 months listed on multiple forums. I think I was finally able to get $1200 for it.

Thanks for the replies. It's in excellent shape, hasn't been shot much at all like I said less than 300. Nothing fancy about it at all, has a kydex cheek riser forget who made it. It does shoot 168 and 175 fgmm excellent. I wish they made these in left hand, I do like the rifle.

I traded for my FN SPR A1 but the guy had it forsale on here for right at a 1000 bucks.

Man I’ve been contemplating buying one of these lately. I don’t even know why but I’ve always wanted one.

I bought one used on here last year. It’s a great rifle. I paid $1500 for it (Mcmillan A4 stock and already had the muzzle threaded. I’ve seen them go for $1200-$1600 depending on the model and upgrades.

I paid $1050 for an as-new-in-box FN SPR A1 in April of this year.

I paid $1300 for a NIB A2 in 2018.

I regret selling my A1. That said, a standard A1 from the factory goes used for $900-$1,200.

Or you may could just trade it for a G34gen5 with an RMR... hint... maybe.

$1k, give or take. They have to be exactly what you want or they aren't worth buying. There's minimal support and smithing barrels is somewhat more expensive.

Thanks for the info guys. Now I have to decide if I wanna let it go or just hang on to it and piece together a build. The LH defiance action in the PX has been tempting me. Thanks again.

I sold that exact model on here for 850 If i remember correctly about 6 or so months ago if I remember correctly. Between 800 -1000 seems to be the going rate on that particular model. Most of those were early productions and actually built in the Winchester factory if I remember correctly. Nice rifles, just not a huge following anymore.

Yep, great rifles but zero resale. I had a lightly used a3g that I got a screaming deal on 1500, then I shot the 308 barrel out. I had a smith that specializes in m70, rebarrel it. Trued action, bedded mcm properly, fit a bart 6.5 barrel and cerakoted all metal. My smith bill was 925, not counting blank. I sold it on here at a little loss at 2100 after I'd shot it 1500rds. I had to trade it for a defiance 6creed barreled action and cash, then sell the defiance barreled action to arrive at 2100. Lot of leg work to do it, but I eventually got what I wanted. No one wanted to buy it outright....

Mine shoot lights out so they are priceless as far as I'm concerned and since they don't make them anymore hang on to them and ENJOY!
Most other precision rifles start @ 3K plus and may or may not shoot any better YMMV so in my mind if push came to shove 3K depending on the rifle and it's condition and or mods .

Mine shoot lights out so they are priceless as far as I'm concerned and since they don't make them anymore hang on to them and ENJOY!
Most other precision rifles start @ 3K plus and may or may not shoot any better YMMV so in my mind if push came to shove 3K depending on the rifle and it's condition and or mods .

Dude this thread is 2.5 years old and nobody in their right fucking mind is paying $3K for an FN SPR unless it has a Schmidt sitting on top of it.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Dude! I could care less about the age of this thread and simply stated what MY FN Rifles are worth to me !
Mine are NOT for sale!

Reactions: nksmfamjp
screen-shot-2022-02-11-at-08-42-11-png.7805693

NoOneCares-Hollywood-meme.jpeg

Damn, yeah had forgotten about this thread. Ended up keeping it. It's not eating anything, and it's good to have a 308 around.