• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Following feature

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Despite my being here about ten years and the general awesomeness I present I have only been followed twice and it has been within the last couple weeks by people new to the board.

Anyone else notice this following thing as of late?

Kind of creepy.

I prefer to follow you while I'm hiding in the bushes in front of your house !

@Duc , go find someone else to stalk , I was here first.

Just hit the follow.

iu

Despite my being here about ten years and the general awesomeness I present I have only been followed twice and it has been within the last couple weeks by people new to the board.

Kind of creepy.

Attachments

• RhXwQktSz3Vao.gif
      RhXwQktSz3Vao.gif
      957 KB · Views: 15

Kind of creepy.
    I follow you too. You're getting so old you're starting to drop things, money, jewelry, car keys etc. I'm waiting for you to drop an ammo can of 5.56.

If you really want to understand a paranoid person, follow them around and make notes. Review the notes at your leisure.

Reactions: isofahunter
    Chris Hansen has a message for all of you.......

of course that was before he was told to "have a seat right over here".

• Haha
    Reactions: oneshot86
    You used to be able to allow or deny a follow request. Has that changed?

You used to be able to allow or deny a follow request. Has that changed?

I think so.

You are right you used to be able to accept. I think I had it happen once early and I ignored it.

Felt like a dick kind of but thought the request strange.

Now you just get a message......"Jeffery Dahmer is now Following you"

Last edited:
    The follow feature in and of itself is kinda creepy. But hey, I'm just an old guy trying to get by. I doubt I have anything to say that people would want to follow my escapades.

What's the follow feature supposed to do? I'm following @pmclaine (no homo) but it doesn't do anything? No notifications, no pics of him sleeping, nothing.

What's the follow feature supposed to do? I'm following @pmclaine (no homo) but it doesn't do anything? No notifications, no pics of him sleeping, nothing.

I know for one thing it gives the person you are following notification you are being followed and by whom.

I figured it would tell you when your love interest makes a post and direct you there.....guess not.........and that is good as my concern was some goon wanting to start a record of someone exercising their 1A and cancel them out via careful editing.

Guess its just like notification from the Board of Probations to limit Lowlights liability in that he can say "Hey we put the follow button there not thinking anyone would be creepy enough to use it but if they were we wanted to warn people to watch their six that they were the object of someones desire."

Ohh this is good. Now you are a social media star.

Will they do your bidding
    Will you hold meetings
    Can we change followers to "minions"
    Will they mow your grass, pick up brass, paint targets, etc?