• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Food riots thread…and energy.

Older news with more depth and current updates

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2023/03/29/the-great-food-reset-has-begun/

This is what the future holds.

The homestead farmers will fair well until they target them.
From the article: “peasant food web” — the diverse network of small-scale producers disconnected from Big Agriculture — feeds more than half of the world’s population using only 25% of the world’s agricultural resources.
My neighbors operate a small Montana farm. Few Americans know the challenges of small farms. It is a 24 / 7 operation. They just released this video.

Last edited:
From the article: “peasant food web” — the diverse network of small-scale producers disconnected from Big Agriculture — feeds more than half of the world’s population using only 25% of the world’s agricultural resources.
My neighbors operate a small Montana farm. Few Americans know the challenges of small farms. It is a 24 / 7 operation. They just released this video.

That was a good video. My family and I have been blessed to live on our ranch. We have made connections for all kinds of food related products from local farmers and ranchers. If it gets bad we will be able to barter our beef for things we need. I really do hope it never gets bad as it will hurt a lot of people.

Seems like you have nice neighbors. I am getting small scale rabbit breeding going right now for the same reasons.

Seems like you have nice neighbors. I am getting small scale rabbit breeding going right now for the same reasons.
Hard working with a lot of formal education as well as farming consultants in Asia for a time. Montana has taught them a lot. They have a "Farm Membership" that allows people to fill a large bag once a week during the summer. That, in itself, is expensive. But, there a lot of people here in the valley that are very well educated on consuming local products. The farm adheres to organic standards but is not a "Certified Organic" farm. That cert is expensive and has the government looking over their shoulder. Nuff said there.
I am on the other side of the road and they classify me as a "Gardener". At my age, it's a lot of work to just be a gardener.
Mother Nature is a strict teacher.

image.jpg

It doesn’t make any difference. Russia is going to try and produce the same amount of wheat as they always do. Exports will be similar also, No change there. Wheat prices have fallen in the last month because there is no shortage. For the US wheat crop weather will big factor in next month and a half or so. Drought down south and still no sight of spring up north

Been thinking about rabbits myself. They produce a bunch of meat easily. I have a spare horse stall in the barn that would be perfect for a bank of cages. Need to figure out how much we would eat and can always increase production in a short time if needed,

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
A little insight for those considering rabbits.

Pans have to be cleaned every 2-3 days. I do 3. You can go longer if you have good ventilation but they might be really loaded by that time.

Rabbits need a lot of water. A LOT. if you use water bottles expect to fill them daily. You might squeeze 2 days but that’s max.

Hay. Feed them as much as you can. It’s good for them. Pellets- feed these as well or a natural mix.

From birth to harvest is about 3 months. From birth to breeding expect around 6 months, give or take.

When your doe gives birth expect some not to make it. Whatever the number that dies it happens in the first 3 days. If it’s later than that then something odd happened.

Looking to the future. I am starting to see the State of Texas position itself to recover quicker than the other States in America.
Could just be a recovery from this recession or it could be a recovery from a total crash of society.
As we are seeing many of the forward looking large companies are migrating there.
One point:

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Fed's can't run a 2 car parade.
This should be a good show:
The situation has been worsening for at least 10 years. California has not complied with the usage agreements from the past. Arizona, Utah and Colorado have been complying. Meanwhile, newscum is dumping water left and right.

The “fed” is just now “realizing” this is a problem ? FFS.......:rolleyes::mad:

Looking to the future. I am starting to see the State of Texas position itself to recover quicker than the other States in America.
Could just be a recovery from this recession or it could be a recovery from a total crash of society.
As we are seeing many of the forward looking large companies are migrating there.
One point:
They might lead a coalition from Texas up to North Dakota.

This might be what ends up being what all of us use to know as the United States.

Little more than a European like union but with better food.

You seem to know a lot about this so I will ask the question....

I read somewhere that if you only eat rabbit your body will start to have issues, I want to say because the meat is so lean, so little fat and your body needs fats. I also want to say if you eat the entire rabbit it will help, bones eyes organs and all.

Is that accurate?

Reactions: RUTGERS95
A little insight for those considering rabbits.

Pans have to be cleaned every 2-3 days. I do 3. You can go longer if you have good ventilation but they might be really loaded by that time.

Rabbits need a lot of water. A LOT. if you use water bottles expect to fill them daily. You might squeeze 2 days but that’s max.

Hay. Feed them as much as you can. It’s good for them. Pellets- feed these as well or a natural mix.

From birth to harvest is about 3 months. From birth to breeding expect around 6 months, give or take.

When your doe gives birth expect some not to make it. Whatever the number that dies it happens in the first 3 days. If it’s later than that then something odd happened.

Do you collect rain water for them. I would think a fairly easy system could be setup using that.

I did it with chickens and PVC pipe. They had these little red valves that the chicken would peck at and the water would come out, worked really well, I never had to worry about water. And the "waste" is great in the garden.

You seem to know a lot about this so I will ask the question....

I read somewhere that if you only eat rabbit your body will start to have issues, I want to say because the meat is so lean, so little fat and your body needs fats. I also want to say if you eat the entire rabbit it will help, bones eyes organs and all.

Is that accurate?
That’s accurate. You could add venison to that.

The day that comes when I have to eat rabbit eyes will be a very bad day.

I really can’t speak with any knowledge about the impact of whole rabbit eating, bones organs abd all.

Do you collect rain water for them. I would think a fairly easy system could be setup using that.

I did it with chickens and PVC pipe. They had these little red valves that the chicken would peck at and the water would come out, worked really well, I never had to worry about water. And the "waste" is great in the garden.
No rain water but I don’t see why not.

I use a hog nipple type system. It works well unless you get a leaky one.

I’m still working out that system. I’m currently using needle valves to regulate water flow from n ones that have leaked.

That’s accurate. You could add venison to that.

The day that comes when I have to eat rabbit eyes will be a very bad day.

I really can’t speak with any knowledge about the impact of whole rabbit eating, bones organs abd all.

Part of the issue and where some of the stories come from is folks roasting rabbit over a fire which means most likely you lose most of any fat to dripping off and burning.

Skin it, throw it in a pot, dump the brains in, cook it into stew and eat all of it and it will be a lot better nutritional wise.
Bones can be slow cooked for another day then you can munch on them too.
Add in the heart as well etc.

No rain water but I don’t see why not.

I use a hog nipple type system. It works well unless you get a leaky one.

I’m still working out that system. I’m currently using needle valves to regulate water flow from n ones that have leaked.
The barrels are pretty cheap, just know what was in them first. Just because it says "food grade" means it is safe. You need to know what is in it, or be ready to cut the top off and really clean it out. Then simple screens to keep the bugs out, generally a few drops of normal bleach will work to keep things from getting nasty, there is a formula out there but I don't remember it and don't want to tell you wrong.

I like the plastic barrels personally, you can get them everywhere.

The barrels are pretty cheap, just know what was in them first. Just because it says "food grade" means it is safe. You need to know what is in it, or be ready to cut the top off and really clean it out. Then simple screens to keep the bugs out, generally a few drops of normal bleach will work to keep things from getting nasty, there is a formula out there but I don't remember it and don't want to tell you wrong.

I like the plastic barrels personally, you can get them everywhere.
Currently I’m using frosting buckets from a grocery store. Lol

"Energy"

A new law is on the books in California. One that is full Marxist. You see, utility companies plan to charge their customers based upon their INCOME levels.

A new state law requires utility companies in California to come up with a fixed rate plan, as a way to help stabilize rates and make billing more equitable.
Those plans were due on April 7.
SDG&E, along with Pacific Gas & Electric and Southern California Edison, teamed up and a proposal to charge people based on their income.
Currently, you not only pay for how much electricity your household uses, but other things such as how that electricity is delivered.
Both prices vary month to month.

This is the carrot.
The stick is, once implemented, everything will change again.
Households earning less than $28,000 a year would pay a fixed charge of $15 a month on their electric bills in Edison and PG&E territories and $24 a month in SDG&E territory.

Households with annual income from $28,000 to $69,000 would pay $20 a month in Edison territory, $34 a month in SDG&E territory and $30 a month in PG&E territory.

Households earning from $69,000 to $180,000 would pay $51 a month in Edison and PG&E territories and $73 a month in SDG&E territory.

Those with incomes above $180,000 would pay $85 a month in Edison territory, $128 a month in SDG&E territory and $92 a month in PG&E territory
After implemented, state will probably set 'KW' limits. So, you pay 15 bucks and get access to 50KWs or something.
watch, it's coming.
CA did the same thing with water usage. Asked everyone to save water, reduce use, and then took everyone's bill and cut 30% and said that's your new household limit, before getting EXTRA charges. The rich who never cut back, came out ahead.

Last edited:
The article mentions Ukraine as one of the reason rice is so expensive. I am not sure why, in 2021 Ukraine exported 6.19 million dollars worth of rice and imported 40.8 million dollars of rice. I guess any reason to mention the war.

Reactions: babyguppy
#1443: Back when all this started, this was my thinking Putin is actually part of the master plan. We are going to be starved out around the world. Here in the USA we always need pick up a shield & sword, distracted by so many other foolish nonsense events we can't process or refuse to see the big picture, get to close too exposing the truth and another train goes off the tracks. Ask yourself a simple question why was Ukraine invaded? DISTRACTION-FOODSUPPLY. We useless eaters are so screwed

#1443: Back when all this started, this was my thinking Putin is actually part of the master plan. We are going to be starved out around the world. Here in the USA we always need pick up a shield & sword, distracted by so many other foolish nonsense events we can't process or refuse to see the big picture, get to close too exposing the truth and another train goes off the tracks. Ask yourself a simple question why was Ukraine invaded? DISTRACTION-FOODSUPPLY. We useless eaters are so screwed
As long as American's are ordering Door Dash meals and watching streaming movies they could care less about how America is being run.
It's all good, until it's not.
Too Much to Think 1.jpg

Reactions: babyguppy
Energy - An administration fighting an energy producer.

Biden Plans to Slash Planet-Warming Pollution from Power Plants​

• EPA limits would stamp out most electric sector emissions
  • Measure would accelerate renewable power, carbon capture