• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

? For the MK12 Clone Experts Out There???

I don't like trashing dealers, but some which you might have mentioned actually do not stock, and then go out and buy and ship. We have a full line of all things Mk12, and soon to be released Mk12 full deployment kits. We do offer some 'hide discounts. PM me for all things Mk12. The scope has limitations, and must be part of a build we sell

Thanks, I wound up buying direct from PRI....they've been easy to deal with and ship fast.

So are you saying the original Gasbusters were NP3 coated?

Only the ones on the prototypes and first pattern SPRs with the wheel elevation FSBs. The later Mod 1s and then Mod 0s did not receive the treatment. The prototypes originally experimented with NP3 upper receivers, charging handles, and BCGs, however this was eventually dropped due to the tolerances being too tight and causing reliability issues. But in most early SPR photos you can make out the rose gold coating of NP3 peeking out from under spray paint, or in this one it's much more apparent. I haven't found any of this pattern that did not clearly have the NP3 charging handle:

1Hplrxr.jpg

How do you guys like the KAC bipod mount? I've got an NSN marked unit coming in the mail. Seems kind of redundant with the rail to sling stud attachment, vs a lower profile 1913 mount integrated into the bipod....but I digress. Clones is clones.

Reactions: raysugar4567
Also regarding the bipod mount, is there a left or right side to them, or is that up the the end user?

How do you guys like the KAC bipod mount? I've got an NSN marked unit coming in the mail. Seems kind of redundant with the rail to sling stud attachment, vs a lower profile 1913 mount integrated into the bipod....but I digress. Clones is clones.

I had the KAC on my Mod 0 clone and quickly swapped it out for a YHM adapter that I used for years. The KAC simply has much less contact area with the pad on the Harris and was leaving a divot in the pads. Now I run an ADM QD direct rail adapter on the Harris to swap between my guns with rails. Still have the KAC for correctness/nostalgia, but it doesn't get used.

I prefer the ARMS mount, but it replaces parts on the bipod and maybe the thought of the Knight's mount was being able to use the bipod on other systems, like bolt action rifles.

Also regarding the bipod mount, is there a left or right side to them, or is that up the the end user?

User preference. I put it on the left to match the front and rear sight mounting screws.

Reactions: CrowCommand

I wish I would have bought the KAC mount. The ARMS mount is a ripoff, it cost more than the Harris bipod. When I actually shoot the gun I don't even use it, it adds too much height imo. I take the bipod off when I shoot it and use a Harris with an ADM mount. The ARMS mount is 133 dollars, I don't know how they can justify that.

Last edited:
I talked to A.R.M.S. Inc. as well and they said they plan on re-making the old A.R.M.S. #22 mounts without the 90-degree stops. They planned on doing it before the COVID19 stuff broke-out but got behind because of it. That might save some folks from paying premium prices on eBay or Gunbroker if you're willing to hold out.

Do you know if this is still happening? Will vendors have the rings or do they need to be ordered directly from A.R.M.S.?

Do you know if this is still happening? Will vendors have the rings or do they need to be ordered directly from A.R.M.S.?
I followed up with my contact with A.R.M.S. Inc. ... A.R.M.S. says they are behind on current commitments due to COVID and haven't considered remaking the retro #22 medium, no stop mounts just yet. It might be a long wait before we see those mounts again.

I followed up with my contact with A.R.M.S. Inc. ... A.R.M.S. says they are behind on current commitments due to COVID and haven't considered remaking the retro #22 medium, no stop mounts just yet. It might be a long wait before we see those mounts again.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm sure I will find a set on Ebay sooner or later.

We have asked repeatedly for them to remake the old #38 sleeves as well since PRI is doing retro parts now, again, to no avail. ARMS seems hellbent on going under without letting at least someone have the IP to make the parts people actually want. Then again, thats exactly what Dick Swan did while he was alive anyways.

We have asked repeatedly for them to remake the old #38 sleeves as well since PRI is doing retro parts now, again, to no avail. ARMS seems hellbent on going under without letting at least someone have the IP to make the parts people actually want. Then again, thats exactly what Dick Swan did while he was alive anyways.

They could certainly make a killing making new sleeves. It would have to sell better than the swan sleeves they still have for sale now that NO ONE buys. I would ditch my PRI sleeve for a clone correct one in a second.

Optic: Leupold 3-9x36mm TS-30, Mk4 MR/T 2.5-8x36mm TS-30A2, M2 turrets with Mk262 BDC, illuminated TMR reticle

Does this mean the MK4 3.5-10x40 is not clone correct for the MK12 mod 0 with the gen 3 forearm? I just picked up a MK4 2.5-8 TMR, glad I didn't get a 3.5-10 if it isn't correct. I need the 77 grain 556 turret though, does anyone know where to get one? My scope is coming with a 168 grain 7.62 turret.

Is this a picture of a real military issue MK12 or is this a clone? Is a Sopmod stock actually clone correct? Was a Sopmod ever used on a mod 0 with the Gen 3 Handguard, or is the A1 stock the only true clone correct option? I know the Sopmod stock was used on the Mod 1 in the military but I'm not sure about the Mod 0.

Last edited:
Is this a picture of a real military issue MK12 or is this a clone? Is a Sopmod stock actually clone correct? Was a Sopmod ever used on a mod 0 with the Gen 3 Handguard, or is the A1 stock the only true clone correct option?

If I recall, that is a rifle that was built by MSTN many years ago at the beginning of the Mk12 craze.

Been a bit absent of late, but at least got this assembled. Original pattern SPR, sitting on an SPR case that came out of ODA 535.

Still needs a few bits and another AEM5 with knurling to match the case, and after I get some good photos of it in "as issued" shape the painted, issued FSB will get swapped in and paint matched to it.

Regarding the optics:

The original, ACTUAL TS-30 is a non-illuminated 2.5-8x36, which mostly looks like the later Mk4s except the turret housing is large and boxy. Turrets were M3 and had 62gr M855 calibrated for 18" barrel from Crane supplied data.

The TS30A2 was originally a 3-9x36, M3 turret, illuminated Mildot, with 62gr M855 calibrated turrets from an 18" barrel.

Later on and at the same time, Leupold supplied 3-9x36 MR/Ts in the same configuration as the TS30A2, and after around 2005 or 2006 they began supplying 2.5-8x36 MR/Ts with M2 turrets and illuminated TMR reticles. Some of those look to have had the 62gr turrets as well, later they had 77gr Mk262 turrets as seen on the current "not-correct" TS30A2 112633.

Regarding that other pic yes, that was from MSTN who were one of the first building SPR/Mk12 Mod 0 clones using some of the Gen 2 parts that PRI sold. That one in particular is not an issued gun, no.

Like most SF weapons yes, stocks and optics and grips and stuff did get swapped around. At least one guy posted photos of his late Mod 0 with the newer gen handguard, but he had a SOPMOD stock thrown on the lower, and was using the 3.5-10x40 illum off of an early SPR, complete with the TRR/TRC rings. He also had a Docter red dot on the TRR/TRC.

Need options. I have a PRI Mod 0. I have both the A2 and a B Stock. I love the look of the A2 but its too short for length of pull and thin. love the look but I cant get comfortable behind it. I also have the B5 stock and not a fan either. Do they make a longer A2 stocks? Knights make an adjustable length of pull A2 but i not paying almost $500! I am contemplating a PRS type of stock, but that changes the classic look of the MK12.

Need options. I have a PRI Mod 0. I have both the A2 and a B Stock. I love the look of the A2 but its too short for length of pull and thin. love the look but I cant get comfortable behind it. I also have the B5 stock and not a fan either. Do they make a longer A2 stocks? Knights make an adjustable length of pull A2 but i not paying almost $500! I am contemplating a PRS type of stock, but that changes the classic look of the MK12.

Some options for extending the LOP:

Reactions: mkris101
You're in luck if you want to add a buttstock extension and still keep it true to the whole "Clone" thing.

I dug this pic out of a book a few years back, this fine gentleman looks like he has a buttstock extension of some kind on an A1 or A2 stock, and a monopod mounted. At one point I think I found the manufacturer but it's been quite a few years. I'll see if I can dig it up.

gwf5FuH.jpg

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but if anyone has a "Recon Nav Spec" marked 2.5-10 NF scopes, "M4 match" or "M4 sniper" marked ras rail for sale, pleeeeeeease let me know. Thank you in advance. 🤝🤝🤝

This was my trifecta.

Gen 3 Mk12 Mod 0
MK12 Mod Juan
MK12 Mod H

Ended up selling the Mod 0 and the H to find my M40A1 and M40A3 builds, but kept the Mod 1.

AFEEEF12-6894-47A2-A75A-C54DEF139744.jpeg

Reactions: FatBoy
Anyone have a line on a surplus pelican and or the operator manual? I have a technical maintenance manual but need the other stuffs. Thanks for any and all help.

Cool seeing that people still suffer from the cloning disease.

My feeble mod1 attempt

I try to keep the BH ammo but do shoot a few rounds every now and then. My handloads arguably shoot better, I cloned the ammo better than I did the rifle.

Attachments

• 20171123_125651.jpg
    20171123_125651.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 20171123_130217.jpg
    20171123_130217.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 20171123_125749.jpg
    20171123_125749.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 20200122_191950.jpg
    20200122_191950.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 20200913_130710.jpg
    20200913_130710.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: camocorvette
Arko I have 1 question about your build. Are you happy with it? I think it looks great. I hope you enjoy it and welcome to the addiction!

Hell yes I'm happy with it. It's the finest AR I own, bar none, of the 7 I currently have. I enjoy this one the most.
No kidding, every time I shoot it I smile, alot.
I should add though that it currently is set up as a real Mod1 with the fixed stock instead of the ModH and I actually like it better this way. And I removed the SSA-E and put a HSNM in it and wow what a difference. Other than those two things it's exactly as pictured.

Good then I wouldn't refer to it as a feeble attempt. I would say you nailed it. Good job. What optic is that I see its a vortex but can't tell which one

Crane Div was contracted to designed the MK 12 Mod 0 the man (Alan Brown) that designed the MK 12 retired and started his on business called

The folks on the Army side of things at 5th Group and the AMU would seem to have a different story about who was really doing the designing and testing, going back to 1997 or 1998 before it got picked up as a program. Jim Gilliland once shared a picture of himself as a Ranger with a very early SPR prototype upper around that 97/98 timeframe, a later example of that pattern being in the Black Rifle II book by Mr Bartocci (the one with the "ribbed" handguard).

Also Mr. Brown is no longer associated with HCS, they parted company a good while ago. I keep hearing that Kevin is still making uppers and barrels despite plans to close shop a year or so back, and I can at least speak to him being a top-shelf guy who pulled his own contract barrel to help me finish up my SPR project.

Speaking of, SPR in back there has issued scope and FSB, matched the paint on the rest of the gun to try and blend despite them being different shades of tan and brown. Very little is missing on this build, there are only a couple of folks that probably know what those things are:

YayD176.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette
That is false…

KAC 2-stage NSN bag is…if you are going for early clone.

Well the 2-stage adjustable to be the most correct, lots of "surplus" KAC 2-stages have been showing up lately but they appear to be the later, non-adjustable triggers possibly from M110s. But later on SSFs and apparently SSAs did find their way into remaining Mk12s as they became more available across SOCOM.

Well the 2-stage adjustable to be the most correct, lots of "surplus" KAC 2-stages have been showing up lately but they appear to be the later, non-adjustable triggers possibly from M110s. But later on SSFs and apparently SSAs did find their way into remaining Mk12s as they became more available across SOCOM.
Mine is adjustable ;) but yes Geissele found their way into Mk12 but the KAC was the original.

If I’m not mistaken, the original was whatever was in your M4/M16 lower when the mod0 upper showed up. The full rifles didn’t show up until the uppers we’re in the wild for some time.

Edit. I better talk to him first.

Last edited:
great thread, I've only recently started looking. Looking to buy the mod 0 upper.

this ok?

Why not get the real thing directly from PRI?

They also usually do a few days of Christmas sales around this time.

CCC is literally a no value added reseller.

DSG Arms has several Mk12 Mod0 in stock. They do a vet/Leo/first responder discount too.

Good folks, have bought a few things from them over the years

Reactions: USGILT