• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes For us old folks and the optically challenged

kindabitey

See, nobody cares
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Seems @Tyler Kemp is making some products that are in need of, for some of us.

Good job Tyler! Maybe a 36mm :unsure:

thank you for posting about this got 2 on on the way .

Seems @Tyler Kemp is making some products that are in need of, for some of us.

Good job Tyler! Maybe a 36mm :unsure:

...and a 35mm please.

Ordered three of these on Saturday. It's been a real pain in the ass while hunting trying to transition from my RF binocs to my cheaters so I can see my turret to dial in dope. These things should be a boon for that.

Like to think I'm aging gracefully, but this steady decay from what was once having perfect vision is driving me ape shit.

Interesting idea. MTC Optics has had such a lens integrated into the flip up piece of the eyepiece cover for a couple of years now. Seemed to work well.

ILya

oh and like the idea about the bubble level on either the side or top and sharks with freaking lasers even bacon with lasers sounds cool .

I personally don't like the idea of a level on here. Being polymer, I want it to be able to give a bit, and if really loaded from the side be able to move just a tad. But, it's been a popular request so we might do that in the future or offer another model.

I wonder if at the right angle it will burn a hole in your turret like a magnifying glass on an ant... :D Seriously, this is pretty cool as my presbyopia is definitely hindering me from seeing what my turret reads when I look up with my other eye while maintaining my sight picture. My only thought is that it looks a little big, but I'll wait until I get one to pass judgement on quality and size. Tyler, what is the difference between the regular version and the "pro" version - https://mkmachining.com/product/pro-series-turret-magnifier/?mc_cid=ec72194e95&mc_eid=cb4f4d570a

Sent you a PM

Reactions: MarinePMI
    May do a milled version. My worry is crimping a scope tube if it's beefy and someone snags it on a barricade. Or, it's not beefy and the part breaks and replacing it puts me in the red. If that makes sense? A hinge may be required for that.

The standard vs Pro Series is all surface finish. The Pro Series is made on a different style machine that uses a very fine nylon powder rather than a continuous strand of melted nylon. One looks printed, one is printed but looks molded!

Reactions: Glassaholic
    Can't wait to hear some reviews

That is a great idea. I hope you sell a ton. Plus they will make useful gag gifts for some of my long in the tooth shooting partners.

Reactions: TACC
    Looks great , need to get one. Now if you could add a wee flashlight so I could see the numbers on my Sightron scope!

Last edited:
    After cataract surgery, I can see amazingly well at distance. I can't see $#!^ a foot or two away without readers.

So I'm at a match today, coming off a stage squealing about having to come so far out of the rifle to be able to see turret enough to dial (500 yards --> 1000 yards a bit much for holdover....). Time for big-bucks bifocal lenses for my shooting glasses, I grumped to my buddy.

The gentleman who shot before me said hey, check this out... and showed us his MK Machining Turret Magnifier. Choir sounds. I gotta get one of these.

We did discuss how nice it would be to have a somewhat "universal" mount. In order to see the turret optimally, K. needed to mount the magnifier back near the ocular with a cable tie. Not the most secure, but functional.

I'll be in touch...

Reactions: MarinePMI and TACC
    Tylee. I appreciate the idea, but would like to see a model in glass for clarity and durability. I have already scratched up one lens and scrapped it. I did this while cleaning with a lens pen and lens cloth. If the lens is clean, it works well, but slightly dirty, I still have a lot of trouble seeing my turret marks. Seems like the plastic lens seems to attract dirt. Maybe static. Maybe best to just blow it off with compressed air.

Tylee. I appreciate the idea, but would like to see a model in glass for clarity and durability. I have already scratched up one lens and scrapped it. I did this while cleaning with a lens pen and lens cloth. If the lens is clean, it works well, but slightly dirty, I still have a lot of trouble seeing my turret marks. Seems like the plastic lens seems to attract dirt. Maybe static. Maybe best to just blow it off with compressed air.

If anyone has a lead on glass lenses that aren't wafer thin, and I don't have to buy a million to have a reasonable price, I'm more than happy to make an updated model, etc. Price will of course be higher, but we do include several of those lenses just for the reason that they are very easily replaceable! I'd really like to make one with corrective lenses, but asking around a few places they want a massive order for anything custom.

It turns MOA into larger font, and MIL into chinese. At least that's how grey haired people view MIL right?
    2611381C-C3B4-4404-8A90-F047EAC267BC.gif

• Haha
    Reactions: MarinePMI