• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For you AK guys...

TresMon

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2007
NW USA
I met a man at a Disaster/Zombie preparedness seminar that designed a version of the AK for the survivalist guy.

His design 1. Takes AR mags 2. is switch barrel rig 3. he really tightened up some tolerancing around the bolt/headspace/trunion etc for vastly improved mid range accuracy.

He's 40,000 rounds into testing some pre-production prototypes with no stoppage or other issues.

His website is not up yet but I will report back with the link when it is.

Per pricing he says the final product should come in under the $700 mark.

Regards.

Re: For you AK guys...

So was his name Robinson? Sounds like an XCR lol.

BTW this is worthless without pics shame on you for not taking a cell pic at least.

Aside from me being a smart ass early in the morning it sounds like a good idea would like to know more esp if he can stick to that price point.

Isn't long range accuracy for an AK = mid-range? :)

Love the AK platform and would be interested in giving it a look. But I love the loose tolerences.. what makes it go bang everytime in every condition. Zombies don't move fast.. so 150 yards should be plenty long. Heck.. even arms lenght.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zombie preparedness seminar? </div></div>

+1 Must have been an interesting crowd at that one!! Pics??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zombie preparedness seminar? </div></div>

+1 Must have been an interesting crowd at that one!! Pics??</div></div>

I heard a guy talking about it on my recent unicorn hunt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zombie preparedness seminar? </div></div>

+1 Must have been an interesting crowd at that one!! Pics??</div></div>

I heard a guy talking about it on my recent unicorn hunt. </div></div>

Can you imagine the topic and workshop subjects?

Vid of the role play sessions would be well worth seeing.........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mar2012</div><div class="ubbcode-body">solutions to problems that dont exist. </div></div>

Was thinking the same thing.

An AK all original is exactly what its supposed to be, not a plastic stick.

This would be interesting. I know Krebs is coming out with a sub MOA AK chambered in 6.5 grendel. I doubt Krebs will let it sell for much less than $1,500 tho.

Red Jacket already did an AK in 6.5. It was about $1,600 IIRC. It might still be for sale on their site.

No pics becasue there was not only a CAD drawing shown.

As I said as soon as the websites live I'd get the link up here.

Per you nay-sayers about the seminar. I learned some really good info. Thats what matters.