• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

For you guys that are paying to shoot 1K yards..

8 dollars for as long as you want here at Cheyennne Mountain Shooting complex

Reactions: jb1023
I live in Oklahoma north of Tulsa about 20 miles. There is a range called shooters retreat I believe its $50 for half day. They have steel out to 1 mile. About 20 min down road.

Reactions: Diesel65
Rifle manufacturers would be well served to find ways to proliferate ranges in some parts of the country.
it sure would be nice of them id have to drive 4hrs from home to shoot 1000 yards and still probably not be able to get in the door. 600 yards is my max range near me.

I've got 600 yards on my place right now. It looks like I'm going to have to wait about two years for some trees to mature before I can cut a lane out to 1000. I'm currently building some nice shooting benches though.
bench.jpg

Reactions: KZP and Brent B
Man, some of ya'll don't know how good you've got it. I live in western ky and it's really hard to find somewhere to shoot 1,000. Too many trees, hills, houses, and crops. But I'm only a two hour drive from K&M, so i joined. I make it there about once a month. $600/year, but it's worth it.

$215/year membership at long range alley just south of Shreveport

(old picture from the 1,000yd bench)
F77FE3DB-CA10-496A-86D0-869731B88BEC.jpeg

Reactions: KZP
$275 a year at Frontline Defense USA. Sometime last year they added a nice red light indicator when you smack the 1k target. (y)

1k_scope.jpg

FLD.jpg

Reactions: GIXXER2000
I pay $225 for a 100 yard range 10 minutes from home. For 1000 yards I pay $150 to Peacemaker, 4 hours away. Maryland sucks.

I pay $225 for a 100 yard range 10 minutes from home. For 1000 yards I pay $150 to Peacemaker, 4 hours away. Maryland sucks.
its better than delaware only has omilandin 50m under cover, but its a nice n cheap at 4 dollars for 1/2 hour . At least you have alixanders sporting farm up to 600 yards its in maryland its not cheap , 225 per year its nice for around here and only 2 spots at 600 yards . dover has a 1k range think its once a year open shoot at bridgeville no idea on the cost .

For 1000 yards I pay $150 to Peacemaker, 4 hours away. Maryland sucks.
I let my membership lapse. The UKD range only opens for matches and those were pooooorly run logistically IMO, super frustrating to pay membership plus another 2x membership to shoot shitty matches.

Rayners is about 4.5 hours from me and goes out to 1000 yards and a friend in IL has a place we can shoot out to 1200 when crops aren't in. Thankfully a friend bought some property this spring and I plan on helping him get a range setup so we can hopefully shoot out to 600+ yards.

Dahl fire. Great eye Sandwarrior.
I wasn't sure that was the Maiden, it's not steep enough, but yeah, I can see that looking like Musselshell country!:p Just wish the trees were there still. I worked in Roundup for a while. Moore Quality flying. My first aviation job, doing annuals.

Quantico Shooting Club located on Marine Corps Base Quantico and open to civilian membership. Membership for civilians is $170.00 per year or become a certified RSO and open 6 ranges in one year and membership is free, I normally open at least 20 ranges a year. Pros are 1035 yard range, 50 BMG allowed and 40 miles from ground zero, 30 miles from my home. Cons are only open on weekends, only when Marines are training on a range you are not trying to open.

lgbTKKD.jpg

Attachments

• Range 4.jpg
    Range 4.jpg
    938.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Reactions: VSP968
Few places in the West Phoenix area on BLM land offer 1K. Other spots you can get 1500 and 1900.

From this spot you can get 300-500, 1K, 1400, and 1900:

I was really interested to see the location in Clinton, SC but I see they don't allow .338 Caliber which is a huge bummer.

Yep. I've heard that the 1000 range is being/has been extended but I can't confirm at the moment. I would hope the caliber ban is being reconsidered if that's the case, at least at longer distances.

Reactions: acudaowner
20 dollars a year, 15 minutes from my house and can get 1360 yards depending on the time of the year and 670 all year long.

I wasn't sure that was the Maiden, it's not steep enough, but yeah, I can see that looking like Musselshell country!:p Just wish the trees were there still. I worked in Roundup for a while. Moore Quality flying. My first aviation job, doing annuals.
Musselshell Co.-check. God hates Musselshel Co.-but I love it. I don't remember Moore, we usually work with Billings Flying Service. Took about a year to cut out the burned-out timber and open up enough for clear fields of fire. The deer in there are 'so big' you'd be proud of your daughter on her first kill. Lol.

So jealous of you guys. Shooting space is so limited here. I pay $225 annually to be able to shoot paper at 600 yards. To make it to 1K there are only three places I know of and two involve a 3+ hour drive. The other is a $1000 annual membership and you can only use the range at their convenience.
“Their convenience” hell no ??‍♂️

Musselshell Co.-check. God hates Musselshel Co.-but I love it. I don't remember Moore, we usually work with Billings Flying Service. Took about a year to cut out the burned-out timber and open up enough for clear fields of fire. The deer in there are 'so big' you'd be proud of your daughter on her first kill. Lol.
Ha! Something about Muleys when they get in a mineral rich environment. I shot a pretty nice antelope back in '95 down there on the south side of the Bull's. One of Orv's customers. Had a nice Cessna 120.

I pay a very low price per here to shoot at Strategic Edge in Chapel Hill TN. The range goes to 1250 at steel. Very nice private facility.

You guys in the mountains are very lucky, down here to get to a 1000yds we almost need to shoot across 3 county roads and 4 pastures and watch out for the cattle.

Caution for those that want to shoot 338 LM or larger - at least 4 of the commercial/club ranges mentioned above do not allow cartridges above .30 cal. I've spent a few years collecting up range info (min 1000 yards and OK for at least 338 LM), see https://www.elr-resources.com/page8.html Sorry, OP, no cost info. Those interested will need to investigate. At least a starting place.

Reactions: CBlack
30 min from my house to BLM, shoot as far as you want. I don't remember if this was 1200 or 1500 yards using a wireless video camera
described elsewhere here under DIY. But it was way out there the bull is larger than for my 1000 yard shooting with my 6.5 Creedmoor, Old Photo. Can you see my big white truck in second and third photo? Added some zoom in third photo.... One thing I found is bullet holes are a lot easier to see with the camera system if the bullseye is gray not orange. Orange seems to wash them out or hide them. Big difference. ... HB

TargetCamera1.jpg
TargetCamera1.jpgTargetCamera2.jpgTargetCamera3.jpg100_0707.JPG

Last edited:
1000yds +/- in Da Yoop. Depends on where the cows are.
The second is NF land. Good to a mile+ but vegetation and mosquitoes limit it to spring and fall.

Attachments

• FC91502C-37C3-4F3A-BFCC-5A78D64A4953.jpeg
    FC91502C-37C3-4F3A-BFCC-5A78D64A4953.jpeg
    870 KB · Views: 41
  • 0F70E515-BFBA-4C10-AFE6-D3B5ECC7DE98.jpeg
    0F70E515-BFBA-4C10-AFE6-D3B5ECC7DE98.jpeg
    395.9 KB · Views: 39
$400/year with unlimited range access. Live range from 9am until dark

Square range is 200, 900, 1000 yards.

Unknown distance range is from 200-700 yards.

All steal targets with varying terrain.

IMG_E0228.JPG

IMG_E0229.JPG

Last edited:
Desert Sportsmans here has 2 different 400 yard ranges and a range with various steel every 100m out to 1000m. I pay around 200 a year and it’s 5 minutes from my office.

We have various BLM spots we shoot at that stretch out several miles within 45 minutes of home.

This is where I need to go. Unfortunately its an hour and a half away. How do you like the range?

I'm only about 50~ minutes away. There isn't anywhere else nearby my location to shoot 1k.

Thankfully this place is quite nice. Staff is an upstanding group of people, no bizarre fudd range officers. Facilities are continually being built out. Members only during the week, so you are either by yourself or there are only a few others shooting. Go on the weekend if you want a larger crowd to hang out and chat.

The 1k yard area is for members only + pass a short qualifier with a staff member. They just want to make sure you can hit to 600 yards on the full size steel targets so you don't waste a slot on the deck.

If you do head out there, it has to be on the weekend for staff to be present. They will get you signed up or have you pay by the hour. Make sure to check their calendar on the website the night before, that way you don't show up and find out most of the range is shut down for an event.

That's some pretty country Huskydriver! A lot like what I grew up in out in Western NV. Tons of wide open spaces and not enough water and trees to attract the flies of society.

Like here, near NAS Fallon?

This one off 80?

Or this one near Bravo-17 (bombing range)

10 years ago, I thought setting steel was fun... today I think it is the biggest pain in the ass to load, setup and brake down ELR targets with perfect range for multiple targets...so I also belong to a couple private ranges that go to 1000 and one to 900..

I have to drive a couple hours one way or the other, but here is no shortage of opportunity in the West.

OP depending how close you are to population, may determine how much you can charge. But I bet you can charge a yearly access fee and change the gate key as long as he leaves steel up.

BTW in December there was hearings for the attempt to grab an additional 600,000 Acres by the Navy to expand their bombing ranges; Combined with another proposal to expand the Air Force’s Nevada Test and Training Range, the military is attempting to grab 1.75 million acres of public land in Nevada. Some of that land is good hunting and some of it kills a few Prime ELR Spots.... btw this land grab, is larger than at Rhode Island and Delaware not far behind Connecticut.

How does shooting on BLM land work? Just pick a spot with a back drop, and shoot?
For the most part, National Forest and BLM, yes. But there are “Closures” and country restrictions that you need to be aware of. Also, in the West you need to be very careful that you know where you are and not intermixed private, special zones, DOD and Res land to name a few..

This place in California (nice 2k range) has Vehicle closures and target shooting restrictions during high fire months... not sure what the hell is here to burn but ok...

Last edited:
Indoor range near me -- $400/year, unlimited use, no range fees. Use your own ammo as long as its non-steel FMJ. No shotguns.
Guests accompanying a member are $15/lane. Non-member public, $20/lane.
Rentals are $15 plus ammo for as many guns as you want to try in the same caliber (one at at time). If you want to try a different caliber, it's another $15 + ammo. (rental guns have to use range provided ammo -- about $15/box for 9mm)

But I'm in the process of joining the local F&G club -- $140/year + NRA membership. 50, 100, 200 & 400 foot ranges. Archery too.
Outdoor only, shoot pretty much anything you want.

I'm only about 50~ minutes away. There isn't anywhere else nearby my location to shoot 1k.

Thankfully this place is quite nice. Staff is an upstanding group of people, no bizarre fudd range officers. Facilities are continually being built out. Members only during the week, so you are either by yourself or there are only a few others shooting. Go on the weekend if you want a larger crowd to hang out and chat.

The 1k yard area is for members only + pass a short qualifier with a staff member. They just want to make sure you can hit to 600 yards on the full size steel targets so you don't waste a slot on the deck.

If you do head out there, it has to be on the weekend for staff to be present. They will get you signed up or have you pay by the hour. Make sure to check their calendar on the website the night before, that way you don't show up and find out most of the range is shut down for an event.
Thanks! Most of the stuff by me is short range and its still 30+ minutes away. I'm definitely not a 1k shooter yet, I mostly train with handguns and ARs, but I have a nice R700 in the safe that I should actually shoot once in a while and the private land I shoot on only offers about 200m worth of usable distance.

Like here, near NAS Fallon?
View attachment 7036409

This one off 80?
View attachment 7036412

Or this one near Bravo-17 (bombing range)
View attachment 7036411

10 years ago, I thought setting steel was fun... today I think it is the biggest pain in the ass to load, setup and brake down ELR targets with perfect range for multiple targets...so I also belong to a couple private ranges that go to 1000 and one to 900..

I have to drive a couple hours one way or the other, but here is no shortage of opportunity in the West.

OP depending how close you are to population, may determine how much you can charge. But I bet you can charge a yearly access fee and change the gate key as long as he leaves steel up.

BTW in December there was hearings for the attempt to grab an additional 600,000 Acres by the Navy to expand their bombing ranges; Combined with another proposal to expand the Air Force’s Nevada Test and Training Range, the military is attempting to grab 1.75 million acres of public land in Nevada. Some of that land is good hunting and some of it kills a few Prime ELR Spots.... btw this land grab, is larger than at Rhode Island and Delaware not far behind Connecticut.

For the most part, National Forest and BLM, yes. But there are “Closures” and country restrictions that you need to be aware of. Also, in the West you need to be very careful that you know where you are and not intermixed private, special zones, DOD and Res land to name a few..

This place in California (nice 2k range) has Vehicle closures and target shooting restrictions during high fire months... not sure what the hell is here to burn but ok...
View attachment 7036415
DiverDon160651 {my bad:rolleyes:}

Exactly! Fallon is my hometown, BTW. It doesn't look quite right, but the top pick looks like the volcanic plug we call "titty-top", the mid pic looks like you are just past Kennametal and the backside of that little ridge in front of you would be Toulon. Yes, in the past, some idiot put a town there.:rolleyes: Trinity is about 7-8? more miles which is the junction of 95/80

Those adobe flats are wonderful for spotting. They kick up dust even for .22's on a dry day.:giggle:

I don't know how much of what areas they are trying to take. They've actually relaxed both land and airspace over the Lahontan Valley, while taking land (and airspace) over in Dixie Valley. There's plenty of room out there. And, I'm all for their training. But, when it becomes a "Fuck you, it's mine" attitude I'll jump all over that. When they shut people out of the center of the state, where the best deer hunting is, I'll really go ballistic. There's no need to take that. They can do what they need, south of the base, all around B-17 and B-20 (Dixie Valley)

Last edited: