• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors form 1 408 can

Jimmym40a2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2008
Colorado
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICvIAWzm49M

Just finished it the other day. it's off to be coated now. 12inches 2inch dia. 316 stainless.It's ear safe...........
408cantrim002.jpg

408cantrim003.jpg

408canrange002.jpg

408canrange003.jpg

408canrange008.jpg

408canrange010.jpg

100_4736.jpg

Re: form 1 408 can

Sounds great!Very clean looking can,nice craftsmenship!

man that's slick! what kind of baffle design, if you don't mind me asking?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I noticed the welded nose cap, does the base come apart for cleaning?
</div></div>

Most Centerfire Cans do not come apart for cleaning, cause they don't need cleaning like a rimfire can does.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott A Cousino</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Most Centerfire Cans do not come apart for cleaning, cause they don't need cleaning like a rimfire can does.

Scott </div></div>

True, although I end up shooting a decent amount of cast lead bullets and for practice around my parents' house they're mostly subsonic, which tends to make the cans foul up a lot more like a rimfire than a centerfire can. That's why I asked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott A Cousino</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Scott </div></div>

True, although I end up shooting a decent amount of cast lead bullets and for practice around my parents' house they're mostly subsonic, which tends to make the cans foul up a lot more like a rimfire than a centerfire can. That's why I asked. </div></div>

Gotcha, from what I have seen the only take apart centerfire can is the Tactical Innovations .223 can, don't know what caliber you are looking for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott A Cousino</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott A Cousino</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Scott </div></div>

True, although I end up shooting a decent amount of cast lead bullets and for practice around my parents' house they're mostly subsonic, which tends to make the cans foul up a lot more like a rimfire than a centerfire can. That's why I asked. </div></div>

Gotcha, from what I have seen the only take apart centerfire can is the Tactical Innovations .223 can, don't know what caliber you are looking for. </div></div>

The new Shark cans come with a wrench to take it apart.

I followed your thread over on silencer talk. Very nice work and it has made me seriously consider buying a lathe for gunsmithing and can making. Awesome work.