• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Form 1 efile nightmare

Southern Custom

Master Engraver
Minuteman
  • Has anyone else experienced the nightmare of filing out a form 1 efile lately? I cannot get through the whole thing without some type of error on the line item. Every time I fill it out the pertinent boxes either cannot be filled out, or do not save, or when I finally think I might have it, the whole system shuts down losing all the info which has happened 3 times. Who the hell came up with this torture test of a syastem?

I did mine without issue using Safari on my MacBook, of course that was 6 weeks ago....fucking COVID

I tried to efile a Form 1 last week. I got through the first page, but the 2nd page wouldn't load. I am using Windows 10 with the latest version of Edge. I gave up after 3 or 4 days of trying. May try from another computer. I thought it was just me, but it doesn't look to be the case.

People that have done this. Have they tried by phone. Have same as above. Just wandering if its been done by phone.

People that have done this. Have they tried by phone. Have same as above. Just wandering if its been done by phone.

I've only ever used a Microsoft browser. I keep a Windows 10 VM on my Mac for a few legacy apps and functions. eFile happens to be one of them.

I've only ever used a Microsoft browser. I keep a Windows 10 VM on my Mac for a few legacy apps and functions. eFile happens to be one of them.
    Thanks, just wandering, if it was any different. Will just do it on laptop then.

Has anyone else experienced the nightmare of filing out a form 1 efile lately? I cannot get through the whole thing without some type of error on the line item. Every time I fill it out the pertinent boxes either cannot be filled out, or do not save, or when I finally think I might have it, the whole system shuts down losing all the info which has happened 3 times. Who the hell came up with this torture test of a syastem?

It's not just you, it has a TON of problems

I experienced the same issues when using a windows 10 laptop....didn't matter if it was edge, explorer, firefox or chrome .......efile site just gets moody and shits on you when it feels like it.

I would HIGHLY advise looking into what files you will need to upload and have them PROPERLY prepared BEFORE you begin efile.......that way if you catch it in a good mood.....you can file smoothly.

Example:
    If you're filing using a trust........you must upload as a PDF file......but you CANNOT upload multiple PDF's for trust so be prepared to condense your multi page trust into ONE PDF file.

Messing around with all that on top of dealing with the crashing site is beyond frustrating.

Example:
    If you're filing using a trust........you must upload as a PDF file......but you CANNOT upload multiple PDF's for trust so be prepared to condense your multi page trust into ONE PDF file.

Are you sure about that? I've submitted two Form 1's through efile and both of them had my trust cut up into 5 or 6 files with a few pages each due to their absurd size requirements. All of my Form 1's have been approved.

One secret to uploading a trust seems crazy, but it works. I've done it.
    I didn't discover it, I was told about it by a friend that had problems uploading his and just did it on a whim.
    Like mentioned above, have all of your documents on the computer in a separate file because it makes them easy to find.

If you have trouble uploading the trust, go into MS Word and upload a blank page.
    Sounds crazy and unnecessary.
    Now, try uploading the trust and it should load.
    Once it does, go back and remove the blank document.
    Done.

Filed one from my Android phone the other day with no issues. I have filed enough that I know how to work around all the errors. The site sucks, but I'm glad to get stuff approved in 30 days.

Filed one from my Android phone the other day with no issues. I have filed enough that I know how to work around all the errors. The site sucks, but I'm glad to get stuff approved in 30 days.
    What browser do you use on your Android?

Chrome?

What device ? I have a Note 10 plus

One secret to uploading a trust seems crazy, but it works. I've done it.
    I didn't discover it, I was told about it by a friend that had problems uploading his and just did it on a whim.
    Like mentioned above, have all of your documents on the computer in a separate file because it makes them easy to find.

If you have trouble uploading the trust, go into MS Word and upload a blank page.
    Sounds crazy and unnecessary.
    Now, try uploading the trust and it should load.
    Once it does, go back and remove the blank document.
    Done.
    +1 for this. Examiner Carol gave the same tip:

If you are uploading a PDF, the system may not allow you to attach the PDF right away. If this is the case, please follow the steps below:

· Attach a photo or word document file and allow the system to upload that to the attachments.

· Ensure it appears in the list of attachments on the screen near the bottom

· If it attached, you should be able to attach the PDF document now.

· Attach the PDF document and in the description field type “Corrected 5320.23”

· Once that is attached, you can delete the photo or word document you attached at the beginning.

Mac and Firefox worked, but Chrome and Safari wouldn't upload trust.

Made all the way through as an individual on my iPhone , paid tax stamp, Atf hit my account for the 200, I get to the certify step and a pop up appear and says enter password to submit. When I do it logs me out and sends me to the home page. It will not let submit! Wtf. So annoying

Made all the way through as an individual on my iPhone , paid tax stamp, Atf hit my account for the 200, I get to the certify step and a pop up appear and says enter password to submit. When I do it logs me out and sends me to the home page. It will not let submit! Wtf. So annoying
    Been wandering if anybody has done it by phone. Now I know, hope you get through.

sounds like someone needs a range day to blow off some steam . always remember stress happens to everyone , how you handle it is what's important so why not shoot it . then tackle the problem with a clear mind . lol you can do it...

Rec'd cover letter. Sent print cards .......

Tracking History
    August 7, 2020, 11:13 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    KANSAS CITY KS NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    Your item arrived at our USPS facility in KANSAS CITY KS NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on August 7, 2020 at 11:13 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
    August 3, 2020
    In Transit to Next Facility
    July 30, 2020, 3:19 pm
    Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
    DENVER CO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    July 30, 2020, 2:29 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    DENVER CO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    July 22, 2020, 1:32 pm
    Departed Post Office
    CO

Postal Product: First-Class Mail®